TX - Kenneth Lay & Jeffrey Skilling for Enron fraud, money laundering, Houston, 2006

nanandjim said:
The verdict will be announced at noon EDT. I personally think both of these guys are guilty!

i hope the jury sees it the way you do nan. i don't know if you live in texas, but things were really bad here when all this happened and all those employees lost their jobs, retirement, etc. i hope there is prison time for both.

izzyB said:
i hope the jury sees it the way you do nan. i don't know if you live in texas, but things were really bad here when all this happened and all those employees lost their jobs, retirement, etc. i hope there is prison time for both.
I hope they do too issyB. It is a shame. LONG jail time IMO. :furious:

Ken Lay is GUILTY on ALL counts!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

The talking heads are saying that KL will be in jail for the rest of his life -- good riddance!!

Jeff Skilling is NOT GUILTY on insider trading counts but GUILTy on at least 35 counts of conspiracy and fraud (the same ones that Lay was found guilty for)

Cypros said:

The talking heads are saying that KL will be in jail for the rest of his life -- good riddance!!

lol @ :woohoo:

my sentiments also...

close_enough said:
yep, turned the TV on just now...a guy just say "Lay is toast"....
They said that Lay had recently filed for bankruptcy. Call me a cynic, but I do not believe that this multimillionaire who hired a PR rep after he was charged is anywhere near bankrupt. He probably has taken precautions to protect his money because he knew this day was coming.

I heard this morning that he donated $1.1 million to a university. They said that it couldn't be used for what he initially intended it for (don't remember what that was), so he recommended donating the money to hurricane victims. They said they couldn't do that either. He then recommended that they return the money to him, but they said NO WAY. LOL

nanandjim said:
They said that Lay had recently filed for bankruptcy. Call me a cynic, but I do not believe that this multimillionaire who hired a PR rep after he was charged is anywhere near bankrupt. He probably has taken precautions to protect his money because he knew this day was coming.

It's an old story, isn't it? I just read Anthony Trollope's The Way We Live Now, written in the 1870s. Similar scandal in many ways and, yes, the head man had money squirreled away in his daughter's name.

Cypros said:

Both men deserve it. :D

Jeana (DP) said:
I heard this morning that he donated $1.1 million to a university. They said that it couldn't be used for what he initially intended it for (don't remember what that was), so he recommended donating the money to hurricane victims. They said they couldn't do that either. He then recommended that they return the money to him, but they said NO WAY. LOL
1.1 million of STOLEN money! I am glad that they won't return the money. After all...it isn't his. Remember how he wouldn't let his employees sell their stock at the end...before the crash of Enron, all the while the executives were all selling out of theirs? Those guys are freaking scum! They are nothing more than common thieves.

deandaniellws said:
1.1 million of STOLEN money! I am glad that they won't return the money. After all...it isn't his. Remember how he wouldn't let his employees sell their stock at the end...before the crash of Enron, all the while the executives were all selling out of theirs? Those guys are freaking scum! They are nothing more than common thieves.

Well he did "earn" millions of dollars legally. We don't know what pot that amount came from.

Cypros said:

YIPPEE!!!! Living in Houston, we have friends that lost everything because of this man. I hope he rots in the hell he created. :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

very satisfied with the verdict for ken lay! skilling got enough guilties to be behind bars for years. both men deserve to be where they are today, found guilty in a court of law by a jury.

What about being released on bail while the appeals are pending. Did they mention that or are they being held without?

NEVERMIND. They won't be sentenced even for a couple of months.

Jules said:
YIPPEE!!!! Living in Houston, we have friends that lost everything because of this man. I hope he rots in the hell he created. :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:
Exactly! Many lost almost everything. Imagine waking up one day to find that your 401k is worthless. I hope they have the "time of their lives" in jail. Nice food, soft beds, engaging company, and polite jail guards. Yep, have a nice life guys. :loser: Hope you find that it was worth it.

I'm wondering if Lay will make it to the sentencing the week of 9/11. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if he took the easy way out. He's a coward...

Jeana (DP) said:
Well he did "earn" millions of dollars legally. We don't know what pot that amount came from.
Want to take a guess though? I have no respect for them. I don't know how they slept at night. I saw people nearly break down and crack up. So many of them. Some took their own lives. For many, it was like the market crash. So very sad. Those guys are scum. :mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back