GUILTY OH - Shane Gault, 9, stabbed to death, Fayette County, 22 May 2006

lilsister

Reaction score
I hope no one already posted this but you can read more if you go to the CourtTV Crime Library--it is an article by Steve Huff. It happened on May 22, 2006. The boy, age 9, was found stabbed to death in his home which was ablaze when LE arrived. The father was found outside the home, naked w/ supposedly, self inflicted stab wounds. Huff has a very good article. Following is the article from the 10 TV. COM for central Ohio:

Bizarre Details Surround Boy's Death

May 22 2006 11:35PM

News_ShaneGaltJr_160.jpg
Reported by Patrick Bell

Nine-year-old Shane Gault, Jr. was found dead Monday morning inside his home in Washington Court House, right after his father ran out of the house screaming.

This tragedy appears to be the culmination of seven years of domestic turbulence. 10TV has uncovered divorce decrees, child custody agreements and even a restraining order involving the parents of Shane, Jr.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/0506/2301_shane_gault_dead.html

I wish the cop had shot him.

I am confused about the friends 911 call claiming he is having ...

" He's having another one of his epileptic seizures. He said he killed his son."

At last check eplileptic seizures don't cause one to kill their children.

Amraann said:
I am confused about the friends 911 call claiming he is having ...

" He's having another one of his epileptic seizures. He said he killed his son."

At last check eplileptic seizures don't cause one to kill their children.

I don't believe it has anything to do with epilepsy. Here's an interesting article.

Excerpts:

This tragedy appears to be the culmination of seven years of domestic turbulence. 10TV has uncovered divorce decrees, child custody agreements and even a restraining order involving the parents of Shane, Jr.

No one knows yet if all of this contributed to the death of the child.

snip

Shane, Jr. split time living with his mother and father as part of a shared custody agreement after their divorce.

The mother's fiance says she was worried about her child's safety

"She tried everything," Michael Stone, the mother's fiance said. "She was afraid for the child. She knew this was going to happen all along."

This article also includes the transcript of the 911 call and what the father said to police when they arrived.

New Details In Death of Child

From the article dated May 23, 2006

Washington Court House police knew Shane Gault Sr. had a history of mental problems.

According to a 2004 police report, Gault was treated for a self-inflicted stab wound to the chest while his son was home.

For some reason, neither police, Children Services nor the courts questioned whether his son, Shane Gault Jr., should be removed from the home.

For the first time, the family says their concerns fell on deaf ears.

Mary Morgan says, "It was almost a case of someone crying wolf. It wasnt taken as serious as it should have been. [Officials] need to take this case a lot more serious."

This is yet another case where behaviors (sorry Wudge) should have not fallen on deaf ears. Yes, he appears to be mentally disturbed and in this case, his wife was asking for help.

But, who pays? An innocent child who was thrust into the miasma and died because of it.

I believe the DA is stepping with trepidation and that is why no charges are filed yet. But, I also believe they will not let him in society anytime soon.

The neighbor's comments sound like the denial stuff people throw out when they refuse to deal with real issues.Rather than say he is severely mentally disturbed......they say epilepsy must be the cause. Ignorance again! Or denial! In any case, a child lost his life...it isnt right.

From July 2007:

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2007/07/27/dadplease.html

Shane Gault Sr. killed his 9-year-old son last year, stabbing him nearly 30 times with a knife and a screwdriver. Now, he will spend at least the next 32 years in prison for the murder of the second-grader who bore his name.

The 35-year-old Washington Court House man pleaded guilty today in Fayette County Common Pleas Court to charges of aggravated murder and aggravated arson.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back