Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

CT - New Britain, Wht/HispFem 175UFCT, 17-20, Sleeping Bags, Sep'95 Elizabeth Honsch

This saddens me that this poor child has a family. Someone dumped her like a piece of trash.

M I S S I N G
    http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...leuths/UID.jpg

*Updated post mortem photo at above link. (Updated per LE request)

Unidentified White Female
    Date Found - 9/28/95
    Where Found - New Britain, Connecticut
    Approximate Age - 16-21 years old
    L.E.A. - New Britain Police Dept.
    Contact - Captain Michael Sullivan
    Telephone Number - (860)826-3069

ID Info - NCIC #U-874069709. This white female was 5'3" tall, weighed 116 pounds, had brown hair and brown eyes. She had a pierced belly button and fingerprints are available. She was found wearing a white Union Bay farmer jeans, multi colored long sleeved shirt, white athletic socks, brown LA Gear shoes size 6 1/2, a Gitano watch, a gold herringbone necklace and one gold stud earring.

Circumstances - The body of this female was located near Routes 84 and 9 just south of Hartford, Connecticut. The body was wrapped within two sleeping bags and discarded near a shopping center. She is a victim of a homicide.

If you know who this victim was, please contact the Child Protection Education of America, Inc. at (866)USA-CHILD or the law enforcement agency above.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 07-24-2014 at 07:37 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to italianchica For This Useful Post:

I've been trying to follow this case since no one has claimed her. I live in CT about 20 minutes from New Britain. I read somewhere on the internet that police had interviewed leads as far as Puerto Rico, but I wonder if there's been any other breaks in the case.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to italianchica For This Useful Post:

I'm also from CT not far from there, although I live in NYC now.

Do you have any idea which shopping center she was located by?

i am also interested in identifying this girl. i have submitted the following to the police dept in ct. and texas a few months ago, but haven't heard anything as of yet. i think that crystal ortega is a potential match. here's another listing for the unidentified

The Doe Network:
    Case File 175UFCT

Left: Sketch of Victim by Charles E Holt; Right: Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified White / Hispanic Female
    • Located on September 28, 1995 in New Britain, Hartford County, Connecticut
    • Cause of death was homicide

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 17 - 20 years old
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"; 116 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair; brown eyes. She had a pierced navel with a silver navel ring and pierced ears.
    • Clothing: She was wearing a brown/beige Croquet brand striped pullover shirt, size small; white Union Bay brand bibbed overalls, size small; white athletic socks; tan LA Gear brand shoes, size 6 1/2; a maroon bra; a Gitano brand wristwatch; a gold herringbone necklace; and a ring with a pink stone.

Victim's Jewelry

Case History
    The victim was located near Routes 84 and 9, south of Hartford, CT. Body was wrapped within 2 sleeping bags and discarded near a shopping center. She was killed by a single gunshot to the head. An autopsy determined that she had not been dead for very long before she was found. Police believe she was killed elsewhere, then dumped behind the plaza, which is a few hundred yards from Route 9, a busy state highway that runs from West Hartford to Old Saybrook.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    New Britain Police Department
    860-826-3069

NCIC Number:
    U-874069709
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information: FBI

The Doe Network:
    Case File 1338DFTX

Left: Ortega, circa 1995; Right: Age-Progressed to age 22 (circa 2004)

Crystal Lynn Ortega
    Missing since August 8, 1995 from Mixon, Cherokee County, Texas.
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: September 22, 1981
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4" (163 cm); 130 lbs (59 kg)
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
    • Marks: She may be wearing contacts or glasses.

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Ortega was last seen in Mixon, TX on August 8, 1995. She is missing with her sister Misty

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Cherokee County Sheriff's Office
    Missing Persons Unit
    903-683-2271

NCIC Number: M-855940507
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:
    Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse
    National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dkeene8 For This Useful Post:

I can't open those links. It bothers me that the police departments never got back to you.

try these. yea it bothers me too, but i don't think they would unless of course you were a family member. i had tried joining the doenetwork back a few months ago so i could submit the tip, but they were not accepting any new members. when you look at the potential match, let me know what you think.

thanks,
    dkeene8

http://www.doenetwork.us/
    Case File 1338DFTX crystal ortega
    Case File 175UFCT uid new britain, ct

Yes. The Crystal Ortega is a potential match. They seem to be in the same age/weight range. I did read somewhere the police worked on several leads but have found nothing. They even went so far as the US Virgin Islands/Puerto Rico.

italianchica~

is the shopping center where the uid was found near a major highway, say that truckers might use? my theory is maybe she thumbed a ride, caught one with a trucker, killed and then dumped. it is so beyond me that there are so many uid's and young ones at that. i can't imagine why they are not reported missing.

Yes it is directly off the highway ~ right off Route 9. The thing is the body was found 3 years after she went missing. They did say she wasn't dead for very long before police found her.

crystal went missing in august 95, uid was found in sept 95 it's the same year just a month apart. right off the highway, makes sense doesn't it?

i wonder, do truckers carry sleeping bags?

If it is Crystal, then I wonder where her sister Misty is (age 15), since she dissappeared with her?

yea, i've thought the same thing. possibly in the same situation as her sister, or maybe when they ran away got split up somehow. i'm calling in the potential match again today and will try to get some answers to see if she has at least been checked against crystal or ruled out.

update us as to what info they gave you. I don't know why my heart is aching for this child so much.

i just got off the phone with usa-child, one of the places that has her listed . the woman i spoke with suggested that i make a call to the detective in ct that's in charge of the case. i told her of all the emails i sent and haven't heard anything. she also said to stay on it, because of it being an old case it may take some persistence (which i have been known to have!)
    i'll keep ya posted. my heart aches also for so many, sometimes i just have to stay away for awhile, i get very wrapped up in it all.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast