1164 users online (244 members and 920 guests)  

Websleuths News

Actress Kim Delaney enters rehab

HOLLYWOOD - Former NYPD Blue star Kim Delaney has reportedly checked into a California rehabilitation clinic after years of battling alcohol problems.

Delaney was arrested for drunk driving in March 2002 and spent time in an Arizona clinic in 2003 to treat her addiction.

However, last year she lost custody of her teenage son Jack Cortese after he told a California court she had put his life in danger by drunk driving.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3502818

Very sad. I remember her years ago when she played Jenny Gardner on All My Children. I hope she is able to straighten herself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    HOLLYWOOD - Former NYPD Blue star Kim Delaney has reportedly checked into a California rehabilitation clinic after years of battling alcohol problems.

Delaney was arrested for drunk driving in March 2002 and spent time in an Arizona clinic in 2003 to treat her addiction.

However, last year she lost custody of her teenage son Jack Cortese after he told a California court she had put his life in danger by drunk driving.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3502818

Very sad. I remember her years ago when she played Jenny Gardner on All My Children. I hope she is able to straighten herself out.
    That is how I remember her also. I quit watching AMC after they killed her off and Greg moved out of town.

I loved Kim Delaney on All my Children. I missed her when she was written off the show. BooHoo!! She was always so pretty.
    I watched the TV move "10.5" Apocolapse(sp) that she starred in. I thought she looked different, her face seemed very puffy, or maybe she just gained weight, not sure. Since she has alcohol problems, maybe that has done something to her looks. She is still pretty though, I always liked her as an actress!

Kim was really good on NYPD Blue too.

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki
    Kim was really good on NYPD Blue too.
    She wasn't on the show that long, was she? If I remember correctly!

She played a drunk (on and off the wagon) there too. I do hope she gets it together for her son, health, and acting career. She is much too talented to waste her life.

Quote Originally Posted by deandaniellws
    She played a drunk (on and off the wagon) there too. I do hope she gets it together for her son, health, and acting career. She is much too talented to waste her life.
    She is, its sad to see people with addictions. I truly hope she gets well!

Quote Originally Posted by lilpony
    I loved Kim Delaney on All my Children. I missed her when she was written off the show. BooHoo!! She was always so pretty.
    I watched the TV move "10.5" Apocolapse(sp) that she starred in. I thought she looked different, her face seemed very puffy, or maybe she just gained weight, not sure. Since she has alcohol problems, maybe that has done something to her looks. She is still pretty though, I always liked her as an actress!

Same here. Watched her everyday. Also watched her on NYPD Blue...plus all of the re-runs! Strange that she played the part of an alcoholic on NYPD Blue when in real life she was having problems with it. I hope that she finds her way out of that alcoholic fog while she is in treatment this time. That is a shame that it had to get to the place where her son didn't feel safe with her. Maybe that is what it will take for her to decide that she doesn't want that kind of life anymore. I hope so.

She wasn't on the show that long, was she? If I remember correctly!
    About 7 or 8 years.

Sad when they have a nice life and their inner demons just won't go away. I'm just grateful she never hit anyone or harmed her kid or others.

And how brave of the son! To tell them hey, this is what's going on!

Quote Originally Posted by BhamMama
    About 7 or 8 years.

Sad when they have a nice life and their inner demons just won't go away. I'm just grateful she never hit anyone or harmed her kid or others.

And how brave of the son! To tell them hey, this is what's going on!
    I was thinking of her being on another show. I confused NYPD Blues, with another show that she was on recently, but didn't last long. I think it was one of the CSI shows. Hehe, call me confused!

I was thinking of her being on another show. I confused NYPD Blues, with another show that she was on recently, but didn't last long. I think it was one of the CSI shows. Hehe, call me confused!
    She was on one of the CSI shows and then also had her own show called Philly where she played an attorney. That was a really good show - hubby and I used to watch it. I think it lasted two seasons.

lol Don't feel bad, I asked dh if she wasnt the one on China Beach too...that would be Dana Delaney lol

Quote Originally Posted by BhamMama
    lol Don't feel bad, I asked dh if she wasnt the one on China Beach too...that would be Dana Delaney lol
    She was on the CSI with David Caruso. Caruso didn't like her and didn't want to work with her. She didn't last long on that show and then went on to star in Philly.

Here's a link to her bio:

http://www.kimdelaney.org/bio.html

I forgot she was on Tour of Duty too. That was a good show too!