Thread: My Neighborhood

My Neighborhood

My son and I were on our way home today and in our town the traffic was so bad we had to take back roads, I knew something was up but never suspected that it was murder. And committed by a 16 and 19 year old. WTH is wrong with young people?? http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/loc...home-headlines

Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    My son and I were on our way home today and in our town the traffic was so bad we had to take back roads, I knew something was up but never suspected that it was murder. And committed by a 16 and 19 year old. WTH is wrong with young people?? http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/loc...home-headlines
    Gosh Michelle, that's a little too close for comfort

Quote Originally Posted by bakerprune64
    Gosh Michelle, that's a little too close for comfort
    Heck yea, I swear this world has gone mad.....I am so afraid for my son and all the children today. Its a scary place...

The article said the two involved did not know one another...so maybe a traffic mishap or something? Whatever, I don't think I'll exit my car without a policeman there....Things are getting bad in this world...

I told my husband that the world has gone mad. I remember a joke a friend of mine told me a long time ago. She said, "If God doesn't do something about the world soon, he'll owe Sodom and Gomorrha (sp?) an apology."

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBee
    I told my husband that the world has gone mad. I remember a joke a friend of mine told me a long time ago. She said, "If God doesn't do something about the world soon, he'll owe Sodom and Gomorrha (sp?) an apology."
    That is true. I believe that anyway. It has to be worse then Sodom and Gomorrah....JMO

Did I read that sub-headline correctly? Baltimore's first murder in 2 decades? How can this be? I thought Baltimore was one of the most violent cities in America.

Anyway, it appears to me that maybe these cars were in the way of this young man and he leaned in the window to see if they could move...and that's when the stabbing occurred. That's only speculation though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin
    Did I read that sub-headline correctly? Baltimore's first murder in 2 decades? How can this be? I thought Baltimore was one of the most violent cities in America.

Anyway, it appears to me that maybe these cars were in the way of this young man and he leaned in the window to see if they could move...and that's when the stabbing occurred. That's only speculation though.
    Oh Lord not baltimore, The town of Bel air.....We all know how Baltimore is....

Ah, I guess I just assumed it was Baltimore because the website was the Baltimore Sun.

I was coming home from work on Friday and they had one of the roads blocked off because of the ongoing investigation after this happened. It is horrible. Bel Air is a great place to live and work. My doctor's office is right down the street from where this happened. Everyone I know is shocked. I have lived in Harford County since our family moved from the city in1978. I don't remember anything like this happening in Bel Air. So sad and tragic....
    Last edited by Sandy247; 05-31-2006 at 12:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy247
    I was coming home from work on Friday and they had one of the roads blocked off because of the ongoing investigation after this happened. It is horrible. Bel Air is a great place to live and work. My doctor's office is right down the street from where this happened. Everyone I know is shocked. I have lived in Harford County since our family moved from the city in1978. I don't remember anything like this happening in Bel Air. So sad and tragic....
    We probably live by each other ..

Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    We probably live by each other ..
    It sounds like it!! I live in Abingdon and work in Jarrettsville. I drive through the town of Bel Air everyday to go to work. I heard about this before I left for work on Friday. The Health Dept employees where having a bbq outside when this happened. I am so shocked still. The boy that was killed was so young, only 23. I still can't believe this happened so close to home.

It sounds like it!! I live in Abingdon and work in Jarrettsville. I drive through the town of Bel Air everyday to go to work. I heard about this before I left for work on Friday. The Health Dept employees where having a bbq outside when this happened. I am so shocked still. The boy that was killed was so young, only 23. I still can't believe this happened so close to home.
    I know, we live behind the mall......

My boss brought in The Aegis this morning and there is a big article on the front cover about the murder. The boy that was killed worked at GNC in the mall as a manager. A friend of mine works at GNC. I am sure that he is shocked as well. I think everyone is.

My boss brought in The Aegis this morning and there is a big article on the front cover about the murder. The boy that was killed worked at GNC in the mall as a manager. A friend of mine works at GNC. I am sure that he is shocked as well. I think everyone is.
    I will have to get the aegis, that is sad...

Is it just me, or do I sense a meeting for coffee and budding offline friendship potential out of this tragedy?
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

This is a recent link to the story, Road Rage was the cause!
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/loc...ocal-headlines