Arrest over reporter’s sex sting ruled invalid

Very interesting, thanks for posting.

...The court concluded that charging someone with luring a minor for sexual purposes, by definition, requires an actual minor. The only exception is if the person doing the luring is a police officer....

cathieq said:
Interesting read.

"...In a unanimous decision, the justices concluded that charges can’t be filed against a person lured into meeting with someone who poses as a minor but is actually a TV reporter — or any other adult for that matter..."
http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=66310
So it the "poor set-up pervert" defense.:furious: Either way you look at it, in his mind he was gonna have sex with a kid, and that's what he went there for:loser:

Even if it isn't held up their faces were shown ALL over national TV.

Their wives probably divorced them and no one will trust them again.

I guess it was considered entrapment, right?

I wonder how many sex offenders were arrested during the Dateline sting? I wonder how many will sue now that they won't be tried?

the original tez said:
I guess it was considered entrapment, right?

I wonder how many sex offenders were arrested during the Dateline sting? I wonder how many will sue now that they won't be tried?
Those were done in connection with the police, via an organization that works with the local cops for exactly that purpose, so it shouldn't be an issue.

BillyGoatGruff said:
Those were done in connection with the police, via an organization that works with the local cops for exactly that purpose, so it shouldn't be an issue.
I can't for the life of me remember the name of the organization, I bet their work is never done.

The Dateline that really got me was when the guy was walking around naked in the house! I could not fathom getting naked in someone's house who you only met online! Or met anywhere!!!!

I know that AR has LE monitoring the internet, and they have caught some predators that were after children. I bet for everyone they catch there is probably ten more to take their place. :furious:

Are you thinking of Perverted Justice?

H0NEYWEST said:
Are you thinking of Perverted Justice?
That would be the one! Thanks HONEYWEST!

Those judges are idiots - I bet they get overturned.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back