1075 users online (225 members and 850 guests)  

Websleuths News

Teens Pricked With Needle Hidden In Hotel Pillowcase

EDMONTON, Alberta (AP Newswire) - Two teen-aged cousins attending a Christian youth conference in Canada may have been infected with the AIDS virus after being poked with a bloody hypodermic needle that was hidden in a hotel room pillowcase.

The boys were rushed to hospital in Edmonton, Alberta. Doctors there said the boys will have to spend the next year getting their blood monitored for H-I-V and hepatitis because the needle didn't contain enough blood to be tested for the viruses.

The mother of one of the teens is a youth street minister who says the needle is the kind that's used to inject heroin and cocaine. She's urging whoever discarded the needle to come forward.

She says, "We forgive the person, and do not blame them. We just need to know if our boys are at risk or not."

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Poor kids. They will be on edge for the next year. Hopefully they will remain healthy.

How is it that a dirty needle was left inside the pillowcase? Didn't the hotel staff change the linens between patrons?

Recently, one of my students tied to break up a fight between coworkers and ended up with another guy's blood in his mouth. The other guy is HIV positive. My student went from being an active class participant with decent grades to almost no performance or attendance and he barely passed the class. He is scared to death of testing positive.

TWO teens were stuck by the needle?!

One I understand, but did the other then jump on the pillow to see if it was really sharp?

Quote Originally Posted by Nova

One I understand, but did the other then jump on the pillow to see if it was really sharp?
    We're thinking alike.

IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails

Quote Originally Posted by Nova

Yea, I am not understanding how they were BOTH stuck by the needle - but regardless - I hope things turn out alright.

\

Quote Originally Posted by lisag
    Yea, I am not understanding how they were BOTH stuck by the needle - but regardless - I hope things turn out alright.

\
    Obviously the needles were planted. So maybe when they went to bed each pillow contained needles. This is so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Masissy
    Obviously the needles were planted. So maybe when they went to bed each pillow contained needles. This is so sad.
    It doesn't say anything about their being two needles.

Teens pricked with used syringe in Edmonton hotel

EDMONTON (CP) - Two families face a year of anguish and uncertainty after a pair of teens were poked with a bloody hypodermic needle stashed in a hotel room pillowcase.

Tony Morrison, 15, and Brandon McGrath, 16, were in Edmonton for a Christian youth conference.

Tony's mother Marty Morrison says her son put the pillow behind and felt something poke him in the back.
    Brandon grabbed the pillow from Tony after he complained something had poked him and got pricked in the shoulder. When Brandon reached into the pillowcase to figure out what had hurt him, he got pricked again, this time on his finger. The boys were rushed to hospital Friday night. Doctors have told the boys, who are cousins, that they will have to spend the next year getting their blood monitored for viruses like HIV and hepatitis.

http://www.dailyheraldtribune.com/Z02_00balbertainbrief0529.lasso

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

That is so sad and just as sad and awful for Cypros' student. Ewwww and bless hia heart.

I am so sick of reading/hearing/seeing about drug addicts leaving their utensils lying about the place.
    I'm not sure how needles came to be in a motel room in the pillows but nothing surprises me anymore.....
    Those poor kids waiting on those results...imagine how their parents feel, how awful.