CA CA - Judith Adams, 2, Salida, 10 April 1977

Shadow205

Reaction score
Judith Lea Adams, 2 years old who was reported missing on 4-10-77 and then found dead on 4-15-77. Adams was living in Salida with her two older sisters and mother. The Sheriff's Office was called out and attempted to locate the missing child but was unable to find her. She reportedly walked away from her mother's apartment. This case was investigated by Sheriff Les Weidman who at the time was a detective. Sheriff Les Weidman is still involved in wanting to a apprehend the person(s) responsible for Judith Lea Adams' death.

A suspect was arrested in 1982, Butch Byrd, who at the time was living with the victim's mother and three kids. However, not enough evidence was developed to hold Byrd in custody. The case was dropped against him.

Investigator: Detective Campbell

Anyone with information related to this case - regarding suspect(s)
is urged to call the Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department:
(888)660-7391(toll free) or (209) 525-7100
E-mail the Homicide/Unsolved Cases Unit. Reward: $50,000.00 from the Governor's Office For any information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for Judith Lea Adams' death. http://www.stanislaussheriff.com/crimebulletin/unsolved/cases/

I also found her mentioned here:

Judith Adams (Judith Lea Adams) Former resident on Beckwith Road in Salida; abducted on Easter morning, sexually assaulted and murdered at the age of two—a case cited by Les Weidman as one that personally haunts him and which he uses as an example to detectives working cold cases: "I still believe it's solvable"; mentioned in a November 26, 2004, Modesto Bee article about the Laci Peterson case and other famous cases in central California

http://www.crimenews2000.com/lacipeterson/others/others7.htm

Lodi News Sentinel -November 4,1982 -page 4

-Talks may have solved old death-

Las Vegas, Nevada A conversation between two detectives and a Las Vegas man Wednesday may have unraveled a five-year-old mystery surrounding the murder of a Modesto, California youngster.
a Stanislaus County sheriffs department spokesman said officers Max Reese and Mike Dulaney were in Las Vegas interviewing a witness to an unrelated crime when the conversation drifted to the 1977 murder of two-year-old Judith Lea Adams.
The witness gave the officers the one clue needed to arrest Francis Cleveland Bird, 27 of Las Vegas for the murder.
Bird, who was the boyfriend of Judith's mother at the time of the murder, was taken into custody and scheduled to be booked into Stanislaus County jail for murder on Thursday.
The police said the Adams girl was reported missing on Easter Sunday, 1977, and that her body was found the following week beside a road on in a rural area just north of Modesto. she had died of multiple stab wounds.
They said Bird was a suspect in the original investigation but was not charged because of lack of evidence.

Spelling and research obviously were not important to the writer of the small article in 1982, his last name is Byrd.
even with "the clue they needed" This case is still UNSOLVED

19056648_117731333126.jpg

I’m in my home on Beckwith Rd. And I never heard of this case. Thst precious little face, how heartbreaking

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back