Woman's fiancee dies on same highway as her late husband

Dark Knight

Reaction score

STRATHMORE (CP) - Widowed five years ago by a crash that almost claimed her own life, an Alberta woman is now struggling to deal with the death of her fiance in a crash along the same stretch of highway.

''At 22 I went through more than most people do in a lifetime,'' Kristina Perkin said. ''I'm 27 now and most of the world hasn't gone through half of what I have.''

Perkin's fiancee, 25-year-old Arlyn Ryan, was killed Friday when the minivan he was driving struck a railway overpass on Highway 1 near Chestermere, Alta.

It was just a few kilometres away from where Perkin's late husband was killed in a T-bone collision on Highway 1 near Strathmore in 2001. Perkin, who was three months pregnant at the time of that crash, had to be brought back to life by paramedics.

Mounties continue to investigate Friday's crash but don't believe speed or weather conditions were factors.

Perkin and Ryan were to be married on July 15.

''It took a lifetime to come together and a day to end it,'' said an emotionally defeated Perkin.
The couple had a 22-month-old son. Perkin also has a six-year-old son and a four-year-old daughter.

http://www.dailyheraldtribune.com/Z02_00balbertainbrief0529.lasso

How awful! This poor woman!

Oh man that is so sad....Its so weird how some things happen to people..It is really Ironic...

First off, DK are you visiting Alberta right now? You've posted a few stories here.

How unbelievably sad story. My Goodness. How can she trust God again for happiness. Similar story 3 years ago on that stretch of road. Mother, Father and 3 children riding in separate motorcycles with those ??? child attachments. Dad had older children, mom had one. She came up over the hill near this same area and saw her husband and 2 kids dying after a crash. She was also pregnant at the time.

THEN, year later, her sister and niece died same area. Something demonic there or I don't know what. :(

blueclouds said:
First off, DK are you visiting Alberta right now? You've posted a few stories here.

How unbelievably sad story. My Goodness. How can she trust God again for happiness. Similar story 3 years ago on that stretch of road. Mother, Father and 3 children riding in separate motorcycles with those ??? child attachments. Dad had older children, mom had one. She came up over the hill near this same area and saw her husband and 2 kids dying after a crash. She was also pregnant at the time.

THEN, year later, her sister and niece died same area. Something demonic there or I don't know what. :(
God never promised us happiness 24/7. He promised us eternal life and the strength to overcome tragedy. He lost His own Son, remember.

I notice she had a baby within a year or so if her first husband's death, based on the child's age. Wonder whose it was?

Dark Knight said:
God never promised us happiness 24/7. He promised us eternal life and the strength to overcome tragedy. He lost His own Son, remember.

I notice she had a baby within a year or so if her first husband's death, based on the child's age. Wonder whose it was?

Lord knows and my family knows he doesn't promise a "wonderful" perfect life on earth. Tremendous hardships. I cannot imagine losing a child, even God knowing he could not save his son. :( Not sure on the child. If it was obviously prior to 10 months before losing first husband, then it would be his. Or??? Maybe they had artificial help? Doesn't matter I suppose. I still question how people continue to trust in our Lord and his ways. I know there's a perfect reason for the most hard tragedies. AND I see for myself that God also creates profound goodness out of the most awful circumstances. I'm just so thankful our eternal life is beautiful and profoundly happy as promised.... It makes times here seem very short.

The OP article pasted states she was 3 months pregnant at the time of her husbands death.

LvsAMystry said:
The OP article pasted states she was 3 months pregnant at the time of her husbands death.
Oops, I read right over that part when I first came across it. Thanks! Wow, how sad. But it's a miracle that the unborn child was saved despite the mom being temporarily deceased! Praise the Lord for that!

And she had an almost 2 year old son with her fiancee'. Wonder how she will explain all this to him? Or maybe just raise him without telling him? Poor woman.

blueclouds said:

bc, that motorcycle crash was at Leduc, right by the overpass. I know how close you live to that area. If you drive past it, I am sure there is a cross and flowers marking the site. I remember that crash so well, my hubby and kids and I were driving to Pigeon Lake from Edmonton, and passed the accident. I still remember the mounds on the road covered in yellow emergency blankets....I also remember being outraged that parents would strap their kids into a motorcycle side car and drive them in September long weekend highway traffic...not a good idea...I know it is not nice to blame the parents, who lost so much, but it was just not good judgement!

BC, knowing you, I think you would agree....

imho

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆