742 users online (108 members and 634 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Elizabeth Taylor on LKL 5/30/06

i do not usually watch LKL but i will be tonite to see his interview with Elizabeth Taylor! she is one celebrity that is Bigger Than Life and i just wanted to pass this along for others who might want to watch it.

I thought she was like, dying? Is this a live interview? If so I'll probably watch it, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hbgchick
    I thought she was like, dying? Is this a live interview? If so I'll probably watch it, thanks.

i imagine this might be taped just a few days ago, or it could be live, but the purpose is to "dispel" these rumors that she is near death, has alzheimer's, etc. so i know it will be a very recent interview.

Question

I don't watch tv except some sports. So please could someone let me know when LKL is on Pacific Daylight Time?
    Thanks very much in advance. I just love Liz. Always have since I was a little girl in the 50's.

LKL comes on at 8PM central, so that would be 6PM pacific.

i do not know, however, if LKL is a delayed broadcast on the west coast.

Thank you for responding. I 'm pretty sure your're right. It will probably be on delay here. I'll keep checking.

Thanks again, Montana

I only saw a couple of minutes of the show tonight, but Elizabeth seemed to be doing well. Here is the transcript of tonight's show for those of you who are interested.

TRANSCRIPT--CNN LARRY KING LIVE

Interview With Elizabeth Taylor--May 30, 2006

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...30/lkl.01.html

Did Liz Taylor actually say that she definitely does not have Alzheimer's or that she is not dying yet?

she said she is not dying, but to me was a little vague on the alzheimer's, although there was a general denial of any tabloid story.

she did well for the most part, i would say....as well as any 74 year old woman who has had the health problems she has over the years. she admits to being in a wheelchair due to her bad back, and those problems have been documented over the years. she had some problems with the amount of money she has raised for AIDS, but at 74 almost everyone's memory slips up a time or two.

she has designed a new line of jewelry and promoted that at the very end of the show. LK asked if it was costume and she about had a fit. apparently this will be very high-end with real diamonds, pearls, etc.

LK also brought up the fact that her perfume line turns 15 this year. dame elizabeth said "isn't that wonderful....15 years" and LK totally ignored that remark! i actually felt sorry for liz at that point.

i was most surprised about her remarks about michael jackson. did i dream that last year during his trial she tried to distance herself from him? i sure thought so. but anyway, now she is back to being his great defender.

they also recounted all the work she had done for AIDS, and kathy ireland was on the phone with a well-rehersed but heartfelt tribute. all in all i am glad that i watched.

It was an excellent show. I didn't realize how witty she is. She sure was upset when the MJ subject came up.

Elizabeth Taylor on LKL 5/30/06

She looks pretty darn good at 74 .
    I thought they were planning her funeral last week ...

CRAP! I totally forgot about this!! Shoot. Well, glad it was a good show and that she did well. She's the last of an era.

Quote Originally Posted by Hbgchick
    CRAP! I totally forgot about this!! Shoot. Well, glad it was a good show and that she did well. She's the last of an era.
    I'm sure it will be reaired over the upcoming weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by kato
    I'm sure it will be reaired over the upcoming weekend.

i was thinking the exact same things. often on the LKL website they will give the weekend programming. if you care anything at all about Elizabeth Taylor you should not miss this!

Talking

I watched...
    She didn't seem to be herself from just a couple of years ago.
    My mom's 91 and sharp as a tack..

Her hand seemed to be trembling....
    Maybe it was just me that noticed it.
    She could have an early stage of
    Parkinson's disease, just a guess thou...

Did anyone catch when Larry asked what color her eyes were?
    She said red, Larry joking a bit said RED!
    And again with a straight face, Liz said yes red...

Was nice to see her.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast