Elizabeth Taylor on LKL 5/30/06

izzyB

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i do not usually watch LKL but i will be tonite to see his interview with Elizabeth Taylor! she is one celebrity that is Bigger Than Life and i just wanted to pass this along for others who might want to watch it.

I thought she was like, dying? Is this a live interview? If so I'll probably watch it, thanks.

Hbgchick said:
I thought she was like, dying? Is this a live interview? If so I'll probably watch it, thanks.

i imagine this might be taped just a few days ago, or it could be live, but the purpose is to "dispel" these rumors that she is near death, has alzheimer's, etc. so i know it will be a very recent interview.

I don't watch tv except some sports. So please could someone let me know when LKL is on Pacific Daylight Time?
Thanks very much in advance. I just love Liz. Always have since I was a little girl in the 50's.

LKL comes on at 8PM central, so that would be 6PM pacific.

i do not know, however, if LKL is a delayed broadcast on the west coast.

Thank you for responding. I 'm pretty sure your're right. It will probably be on delay here. I'll keep checking.

Thanks again, Montana

Did Liz Taylor actually say that she definitely does not have Alzheimer's or that she is not dying yet?

she said she is not dying, but to me was a little vague on the alzheimer's, although there was a general denial of any tabloid story.

she did well for the most part, i would say....as well as any 74 year old woman who has had the health problems she has over the years. she admits to being in a wheelchair due to her bad back, and those problems have been documented over the years. she had some problems with the amount of money she has raised for AIDS, but at 74 almost everyone's memory slips up a time or two.

she has designed a new line of jewelry and promoted that at the very end of the show. LK asked if it was costume and she about had a fit. apparently this will be very high-end with real diamonds, pearls, etc.

LK also brought up the fact that her perfume line turns 15 this year. dame elizabeth said "isn't that wonderful....15 years" and LK totally ignored that remark! i actually felt sorry for liz at that point.

i was most surprised about her remarks about michael jackson. did i dream that last year during his trial she tried to distance herself from him? i sure thought so. but anyway, now she is back to being his great defender.

they also recounted all the work she had done for AIDS, and kathy ireland was on the phone with a well-rehersed but heartfelt tribute. all in all i am glad that i watched.

It was an excellent show. I didn't realize how witty she is. She sure was upset when the MJ subject came up.

She looks pretty darn good at 74 .:clap:
I thought they were planning her funeral last week ...

CRAP! I totally forgot about this!! Shoot. Well, glad it was a good show and that she did well. She's the last of an era.

Hbgchick said:
CRAP! I totally forgot about this!! Shoot. Well, glad it was a good show and that she did well. She's the last of an era.

I'm sure it will be reaired over the upcoming weekend.

kato said:
I'm sure it will be reaired over the upcoming weekend.

i was thinking the exact same things. often on the LKL website they will give the weekend programming. if you care anything at all about Elizabeth Taylor you should not miss this!

I watched...
She didn't seem to be herself from just a couple of years ago.
My mom's 91 and sharp as a tack..

Her hand seemed to be trembling....
Maybe it was just me that noticed it.
She could have an early stage of
Parkinson's disease, just a guess thou...

Did anyone catch when Larry asked what color her eyes were?
She said red, Larry joking a bit said RED!
And again with a straight face, Liz said yes red...;)

Was nice to see her.

Pharlap said:
I watched...
She didn't seem to be herself from just a couple of years ago.
My mom's 91 and sharp as a tack..

Her hand seemed to be trembling....
Maybe it was just me that noticed it.
She could have an early stage of
Parkinson's disease, just a guess thou...

Did anyone catch when Larry asked what color her eyes were?
She said red, Larry joking a bit said RED!
And again with a straight face, Liz said yes red...;)

Was nice to see her.

how nice for you that at 91 your mother still has all her mental capacity. wish it were that way for all seniors. i worked in a doctor's office for 9 years that saw only senior citizens and it could get sad and frustrating!

yes, i also noticed the shake in her hand and once or twice her face. and i was puzzled by that response to her eye color. as i said in an earlier post on this thread, i thought she was vague when answering about alzheimer's but there was a general denial that she was on death's door.

often we see someone and can say "the year's have been kind to hin/her". i wonder if we can say that about liz? i think she is all of her 74 years, she has lived a lot of life and some of that may today contribute to her frail state. but she still is much better than what the tabloids would lead one to believe.

It was wonderful to see Elizabeth Taylor last night on LKL. She did seem a bit frailge, but deffinitly not near deaths door nor did she seem severly impared with alzhiemers or any other type of dementia. I thank her for giving us the pleasure of a rare visit .

mjak

I am very happy the interview went well. Liz will always be an icon in many many eyes, including mine. :angel:

With my parents both in their 80's, I didn't begin to see a loss of memory in either of them until very recently. My father is sometimes confused and gets his facts mixed up every now and then. My mother still works 6 days a week. And she is very "with it". I think her being out there dealing with the public helps her a lot. Even though my dad is beginning to experience some of these problems, he still mows his own yard, drives himself on trips to fish at the river (60 miles one way) and goes often to check on his farm, which is also a good ways away. I, and their doctors, attribute their excellent health to never smoking or drinking and for being extremely smart about their diets forever.

Liz looked good, but she was deteriorating. It was obvious. She acted more confused than my 84 year old father. She has also had many losses in her life and documented problems with alcohol and drugs. This has probably played a big role in her health. I think that most people should realize that if one cares for oneself properly (and there is no catastrophic disease process) that 74 is still a very good age and that one can expect to remain healthy for quite some time. But Liz has been at this so long and she has lived life almost in overdrive, so it is not surprising that she is beginning to deteriorate physically and somewhat mentally.
jmo

I also am a longtime fan of La Liz. Glad she had the gumption and the wherewithal to make the LKL appearance, which I missed! Hope it is on over the weekend!

In regard to how people age - I know several folks in their late 70's who are still skiing! But I really don't think that is the norm. Surely a history of booze and pill abuse would not be a positive contribution to anyone's physical or mental well being.

There is a difference between Alzheimers and senility (senile dementia). There are also other forms of dementia - such as vascular dementia, to name a common one - other than Alzheimers and senile dementia.

Some of the effects are similar, others are different.

In any case - I guess it just goes to show you can't believe EVERYTHING you read in the tabloids. (But I do tend to believe a lot of it!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back