Catfish Recovers Woman's Stolen Class Ring

wondering22

Reaction score
Catfish Recovers Woman's Stolen Class Ring
Tuesday, May 30, 2006

AMMON, Idaho*—*An Idaho woman says she's recovered a stolen class ring that was purportedly spit up from a Kentucky catfish.

Lisa Peterson, an Ammon resident who moved from Ohio to Idaho several years ago, says her "Class of '84" ring from Franklin Heights High School in Columbus was stolen in 1991.
She'd given up on ever finding it — until several weeks ago, when she received a phone call from a Columbus television station that said the ring had been found by a fisherman angling for catfish in a murky pond in Augusta, Ky.

At first, she was skeptical, Peterson said.

"I thought, this is just an incredible fish story," she told the Post Register, about the initial phone call. "But they knew so much that I couldn't disbelieve it."

Wayne Nickerson, the fisherman, was collecting bait during a fishing excursion when he discovered the ring in the bottom of his live bait trap. The fishing area, called Long Stretch, is known for illicit dumping — in recent years, Nickerson says he's caught a sleeping bag in the fishing hole.

Story continues below
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,197426,00.html

Beyond Belief said:
Very unique story.

I thought it was VERY interesting how the LEOs were immediately contacted, and how they were afraid that they had at least a missing person's case, if not a murder case, on their hands, and how they were considering searching the river for the body.

I thought that part of the story was even more UNIQUE than finding the old stolen ring -- that the ring provoked such concern among the LEOs was quite impressive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back