1182 users online (209 members and 973 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Is Oprah being unfair??

She can have whoever she wants on her show, thats my opinion.. http://celebrity.aol.com/people/atao...198966,00.html

Oprah is a hack. She's an ego on legs. Hate her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I dont like her either, but I do think she can still have whoever she wants on her show, thats why its called Oprah....JMO I really hate though how she acts like she is a Doctor or something and is always talking about her "lightbulb moments".....

Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    I dont like her either, but I do think she can still have whoever she wants on her show, thats why its called Oprah....JMO I really hate though how she acts like she is a Doctor or something and is always talking about her "lightbulb moments".....

She can't have me.

Same sentiments here.

Jeese louise you folks are grumpy!

If Oprah doesn't float your boat don't watch her!

I got tired of her when she turned into a self-help guru. She used to be a good journalist.

If she ran for President I might vote for her though.

Quote Originally Posted by windovervocalcords

I got tired of her when she turned into a self-help guru. She used to be a good journalist.

I don't watch her. But she tends to pop up everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by kato
    I don't watch her. But she tends to pop up everywhere.
    I did watch her Legends banquet and it was very inspiring.

I like Oprah, she's had a positive effect on the world. It does bug me that she speaks over her guests at times and she looks into the camera rather than at her guests. I like some of her shows, but some are preachy.

I would also turn a deaf ear to rap and hip hop. Much of the whole 'gangsta thang' is so negative and revolting that I'd ignore it too. I thought she was very respectful to Chris Bridges (Ludacris, or something like that) when he was on with the cast of 'Crash'. Don't know what his complaint was.
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by windovervocalcords

Agreed. And, by the same token, if Oprah doesn't like rap, she shouldn't listen to it. But, if she's going to use her forum to speak out about it, she should at least listen to what they have to say.

There are many mature Black Celebrities and Community Leaders that do not like or approve of the "****" or "gangsta" image that hip hop artists promote in thier music. I recently attended a meeting in Savannah with a Reporter friend hosted by an Organization focused on mentoring strong leadership and families in the Black Community. The panel included Black Leaders in Law Enforcement, Politics, Business, Education and Churchs.

Hip Hop and the image it fosters was one of the main topics of concern in its advocation of violence, drugs and gangsta life. The hold and attraction as well as the peir preasure to black youth to represent this image or be labled as wanting to be white if they did not. They also discussed the degradation of Black Women in hip hop and the effects in the Community.

All in all it was very eye opening to me as I had never really considered it anythign but music.
    Welcome to the World Baby Caleb!!!

Agreed. And, by the same token, if Oprah doesn't like rap, she shouldn't listen to it. But, if she's going to use her forum to speak out about it, she should at least listen to what they have to say.

She didn't use her forum to speak out about it. The rappers who were on were in the casts of movies, Barbershop and then Crash. They were there as actors, not rappers. I think this guy is just whining to get some press.
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

perfect way to sum up how i feel!!

Quote Originally Posted by ljwf22
    She didn't use her forum to speak out about it. The rappers who were on were in the casts of movies, Barbershop and then Crash. They were there as actors, not rappers. I think this guy is just whining to get some press.
    I totally agree. Some people with *****, even if they are hung with a new rope.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast