1015 users online (236 members and 779 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CO - Grandma locks 13yr old in kennel while working

This B*&$% did this for 3 yrs.....at 4 pm each night, she would look up her 13 yr old grandchild in a kennel for 11 hours while she worked!!!!!

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...30/detail.html

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...0484&qs=1;bp=t

How incredibly sad. Wonder what happened to his parents?

Bless his sweet heart. Having to run as if on a deadline after school. Wonder where his mother and father are?

Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    How incredibly sad. Wonder what happened to his parents?
    The article mentions Mom and grandpa, but not dad:

The boy was living with Candelario because his mother is dead, police said. She apparently died of leukemia years ago. The grandfather also died three years ago and Candelario has been taking care of the boy ever since.

Thanks Christine. I didn't see the second link.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    Thanks Christine. I didn't see the second link.
    LOL....I smushed them together better, it was easy to miss

2luvmy is offline RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
    I don't think my kids would allow me to put them in a kennel.

My kid would let me put her in one. Once. The first time she had to pee and there wasn't a place to get out, or if she noticed she couldn't reach the computer - she'd be on the phone to protective services herself upon release.

Thank GOD there wasn't a fire in that home for all those years.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

His dad died in an accident in about '97, his mom died of leukemia in 2001, and his grandfather died in 2002. He had two older half brothers but they hadn't seen him since their mother died. They lived with their father, the oldest is only about 20. His mother set it up for him to live with his grandparents, they were the father's parents. The grandmother took the job at the sheriff's office about 3 year ago and worked from 4 pm to 2 am. And evidently the caging began about 3 years ago.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Poor little guy!!!

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Poor little guy!!!
    Goodness, one of my boys is 13 and he is 2 inches taller then me (I'm 5'5") and wears a 32 inch waist.

Quote Originally Posted by OneLostGrl
    Goodness, one of my boys is 13 and he is 2 inches taller then me (I'm 5'5") and wears a 32 inch waist.

My second son will be 13 in a couple of weeks, but he's got about 8 inches to go before he's taller than I am. Won't be too much longer though. I've raised my kids to be obedient, but I've also told them that they've got permission to say NO to an adult when it involves bodily harm!! Like Glitch said, I can't imagine them ever allowing this a second time. All hell would break loose.

Why can't people hire a babysitter?

Quote Originally Posted by Masissy
    Why can't people hire a babysitter?
    WHy couldn't the 13 yr old stay outta of the cage! My son will be 13 in 3 weeks and he is home sometimes alone....and he does fine. He is very mature and knows the rules. I discussed wtih DFACs before I allowed him to stay alone and they gave me guidelines and had me do a questionairre to see if he was able to handle certian situations.

I know I have told ya'll this before, in other forums when discussing childrens sizes...Robby will be 13 in June, he is 185lbs, 5'7". Much bigger than I. I don't understand while this child (not that I am blaming him at all) allowed this to happen...makes me wonder if that was not the only abuse going on....now, in the last 3 yrs, and maybe before with family?

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448
    WHy couldn't the 13 yr old stay outta of the cage! My son will be 13 in 3 weeks and he is home sometimes alone....and he does fine. He is very mature and knows the rules. I discussed wtih DFACs before I allowed him to stay alone and they gave me guidelines and had me do a questionairre to see if he was able to handle certian situations.

I know I have told ya'll this before, in other forums when discussing childrens sizes...Robby will be 13 in June, he is 185lbs, 5'7". Much bigger than I. I don't understand while this child (not that I am blaming him at all) allowed this to happen...makes me wonder if that was not the only abuse going on....now, in the last 3 yrs, and maybe before with family?
    At the age of 10 when this suppose to have started, he was too young by law to stay by himself, so that is where a babysitter comes in to play. I have a 13 year old but would never leave him alone during the hours of 4:00 pm and 3:00 am no matter what size he is. 13 is 13 no matter your height or weight and they basically all have the same maturity level.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast