701 users online (131 members and 570 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Snake Bites Woman Walking Through Wal-Mart Garden Center

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- All she wanted was a flower, but instead a woman said she got a snake bite
    Delaine Jarrell was looking through the plants in the garden center at a Jacksonville Wal-Mart on Wednesday, when a snake sunk its fangs into her arm and didn't let go without a fight.

"He finally broke loose and, thank goodness for sweat pants with elastic on them, because he tried to climb up my britches' leg," Jarrell said.

Jarrell went to the emergency room two days later when she noticed red streaks running down her arm.

Fortunately, the snake wasn't poisonous
    http://www.wftv.com/news/9305190/detail.html

LOL, I guess I had better be more careful in the gardening section.
    It sounds a little suspicious to me. She sees the snake but doesn't file a police report or seek emergency treatment for two days? How do they know the snake wasn't poisonous?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I love how the media headline is "women walking"

She wasn't walking she was looking through the plants.
    It happens every so often..

Mysteriew I am guessing she gave a description??
    Probably a black racer.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    LOL, I guess I had better be more careful in the gardening section.
    It sounds a little suspicious to me. She sees the snake but doesn't file a police report or seek emergency treatment for two days? How do they know the snake wasn't poisonous?

Exactly, I would have run screaming out of there straight to the ER!!!!! Or fainted so that they would have had to call 911!

Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh
    Exactly, I would have run screaming out of there straight to the ER!!!!! Or fainted so that they would have had to call 911!
    OH MY GOD--I would have had a heart attack, no doubt about it! I am scared to death of snakes. OH, OH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean
    OH MY GOD--I would have had a heart attack, no doubt about it! I am scared to death of snakes. OH, OH!!!!
    Me too! And I'd probably avoid gardening centers.
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

NOT only would they have called for 911, they would most certainly called for "CLEAN UP ON ISLE ONE OF THE GARDEN CENTER", Cause I would have **** myself!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2XL
    NOT only would they have called for 911, they would most certainly called for "CLEAN UP ON ISLE ONE OF THE GARDEN CENTER", Cause I would have **** myself!!!!
    I'm with you......they'd of had an ambulance / I'd of had a heart attack along with the snake bite & chitting my pants!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean
    OMGosh Jean I am too! I am a real weenie when it comes to snakes!!!!

What I don't understand, she knew it was a snake yet didn't go get care for two days? Did they call the paramedics I wonder? There is a level of care you have to have after a bite from any animal. Esp a snake bite. They have to have the snake to determine what kind of care. Depending on how their teeth are, forward curving vs straight ect.

I'm a herp (
    herpetology) lover but I do have a healthy respect for what they can do as well. I never pick one up if I know it is dangerous and have picked up more garter snakes and brown snakes weeding than any other time.

About the only thing I'm afeered of are
    Palmetto bugs, I turn into a screaming little girl if they get anywhere near me lol

Quote Originally Posted by 2XL
    FOR SURE! I would have fainted! Either before or after I peed my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by BhamMama
    What I don't understand, she knew it was a snake yet didn't go get care for two days? Did they call the paramedics I wonder? There is a level of care you have to have after a bite from any animal. Esp a snake bite. They have to have the snake to determine what kind of care. Depending on how their teeth are, forward curving vs straight ect.

I'm a herp (
    herpetology) lover but I do have a healthy respect for what they can do as well. I never pick one up if I know it is dangerous and have picked up more garter snakes and brown snakes weeding than any other time.

About the only thing I'm afeered of are
    Palmetto bugs, I turn into a screaming little girl if they get anywhere near me lol
    If Mama's post doesn't just sum up human nature, I don't know what!

It's always something, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by mssheila
    FOR SURE! I would have fainted! Either before or after I peed my pants.
    Are you going to tell me that PEEING is all you would do in those pants? I must be more afraid of snakes than you are!

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief
    JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- All she wanted was a flower, but instead a woman said she got a snake bite
    Delaine Jarrell was looking through the plants in the garden center at a Jacksonville Wal-Mart on Wednesday, when a snake sunk its fangs into her arm and didn't let go without a fight.

"He finally broke loose and, thank goodness for sweat pants with elastic on them, because he tried to climb up my britches' leg," Jarrell said.

Jarrell went to the emergency room two days later when she noticed red streaks running down her arm.

Fortunately, the snake wasn't poisonous
    http://www.wftv.com/news/9305190/detail.html
    Well one thing is for certain whomever wrote this article doesn't know beans about snakes. Non-poisonous snakes do not have "fangs" ever. Snakes that have fangs carry venom and are poisonous. So please if you see a snake or kill one and open its mouth and it has fangs then you can consider yourself lucky that you got them before they got you or your pet! Always remember poisonous snakes have spaded heads as this is where venom is stored and the eyes are slanted not round.

Now non-poisonous snakes will try to bite you but they have nothing to pierce the skin with like a poisonous snake..they will try to chew but they dont have teeth per se but a tiny bony ridge used for chewing up small prey. The only one that can harm you that chews if attached to say a finger is the Coral Snake but those bites are very rare.

BUT...BUT...it could have been a green plastic snake and Wally World Garden Center would have to rebuild if this happened to me!

My father used to catch rattlesnakes and ship them to the University of Texas as the venom is used for medicinal purposes. Now who do you think had to hold that darned burlap bag when he dropped those huge diamondbacks in the sack? Thats right lol and I have a phobia of snakes and will absolutely think I am going to have a heart attack if I see one. I cant even stand to see them in a Zoo.

Now I know my hubby will be checking all plants before I purchase them! LOL

Sorry for my "snake class" but I take snakes very seriously. lol

IMO

Ocean
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Oceanblueeyes-

that was a good lesson on snakes! thank you!

just one thing-i heard that you don't call a snake poisonous,

you only call it "venomous" and that poisonous refers more to

like poisonous frogs, etc. just a thought. but i definitely liked

your lesson on the fangs. good to know for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did you read about the pilot who found one in the cockpit while flying?

I'm deathly afraid of snakes, but fascinated at the same time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast