1135 users online (225 members and 910 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TX - Priscilla Maldonado, 4 days, Lubbock, 4 June 2006

Baby Kidnapping in Lubbock

Lubbock*Police are*asking for help locating a kidnapped 4-day-old baby. Below is the official press release from LPD. If you have any information,*you are urged to call Crime Line at *(806) 741-1000.

We'll will continue to follow this breaking news story and have the latest*tonight on NewsChannel 11 at 10.
    LPD Press Release:

Lubbock Police Officers were called to 2217 46th St. today (Sunday, 06/04/06) at approx. 1:10 p.m. reference the possible kidnapping from this residence of a four day old baby .

Priscilla Nicole Maldonado was born May 31, 2006 at UMC.

Priscilla went home with her mother, Erica Ysasaga on Friday, June 2nd. While at the hospital, a woman identifying herself as Lisa Stewart came by the room several times and visited with Erica and checked on the baby. This person was wearing scrubs and gave the appearance of being either a nurse or nurse's aid of some sort. It has not been confirmed whether or not this suspect was an actual employee of the hospital.

On Sunday, the woman identifying herself as Lisa Stewart went to the residence at 2217 46th St. The suspect was holding Priscilla and walking outside with Erica. Erica became distracted by another child and turned to take care of that child. When she turned back, the suspect and Priscilla had disappeared.

The suspect is described as a white female, 30-40 yrs. old, 5'03" to 5'06", 140-150 lbs., brownish/blond hair pulled back in a clip. Last seen wearing a red dress w/ yellow sunflowers. At this time it is believed that Lisa Stewart is an alias being used by the suspect. Immediately after Erica realized that Priscilla and the suspect were gone, she saw a white van (unk make/model) and a red Pontiac Grand AM, 4 dr leaving the area south on Ave. W from 46th St. While it is unknown if these vehicles were involved, they were the only vehicles in the area at the time.

Any one w/ any information on this incident is asked to call Crime Line at 741-1000 or Sgt. Scott Farmer at 775-2793.

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp...1&nav=menu69_3
    Last edited by wondering22; 06-05-2006 at 11:01 AM.

Priscilla Maldonado

Maldonado is the last name that is being used on Priscilla.

I received a Scan USA alert on her, again being broadcast

Below is the info from the out of broadcast Amber

Missing Full Name: Priscilla Maldonado Age: 4 days Sex: Female Height: 18 inches Weight: 5.5 lbs. Hair: black Eyes: brown Skin Tone: White Description: Wearing a diaper, white socks, wrapped in blue receiving blanket Suspect Full Name: Lisa Stewart Age: 30- 40 Sex: Female Hair: Blonde Skin Tone: White Description: Wearing a red dress with yellow daisies and black sandals

Holy Moly this is terrible!!!!! I pray that this baby is found safe and sound and brought home!!!

I wonder under what guise the "nurse" showed up at the house. I would be very taken aback if a nurse showed up at my house. I know sometimes house visits are done to check up on babies who might have complications, but those visits are not done by hospital staff, at least not in my experience.

Bet you a million bucks that this chick's name isn't 'Lisa Stewart', either....

This was just on the national news. The poor parents of Priscilla look very young and the dad looked like he had been crying and the mom just looked so afraid and was pleading for the return of her baby. It was reported that the fake nurse had developed somewhat of a relationship with the baby's mother at the hospital and got the address by posing as a hospital employee. Priscilla has a "pretty severe case of jaundice". No word on if the abductor had pre arranged to go by the house or just pretended to stop by or be driving by. I don't know if this hospital has any cameras in the halls or not, but I doubt it. People around here wear their scrubs all over town so I can see how this woman blended in unsuspected at the state teaching hospital.

Good grief! That woman knew just what to do to gain the confidence of the young mother. I wonder if she is aware that the baby has a heart condition for crying out loud. Someone somewhere has a baby that she wasn't pregnant with. Of course she will say that she delivered her. Unless she takes her far away that story won't float as long as the media keeps this baby's kidnapping constantly on the news. I wonder if there are any cameras in the hallways of the hospital anywhere that the woman might have been when she was coming and going?

That young couple has to be just frantic. I can't even imagine someone stealing one of my babies when they were four days old. How crushing.
    I hope the baby is found soon and that kidnapper locked up for a long time.

The baby is Hispanic and it sounds like the woman was blond and white. That will stick out like a sore thumb unless this woman planned to sell or pass the baby off to a Hispanic person. Praying hard for this baby's safe return.

tennessee is offline Blew out my flipflop. Stepped on a pop top . . .
    OMG! Please, please, please let this baby be found very soon and reunited with her parents. I can't imagine the pain they are going through.
    Opinions are like belly buttons. Everyone's got one. This one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by tennessee
    OMG! Please, please, please let this baby be found very soon and reunited with her parents. I can't imagine the pain they are going through.

No kidding! They've got alerts all along the freeways here in Dallas because they think the woman may have been heading this way - but don't ask me why they believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    No kidding! They've got alerts all along the freeways here in Dallas because they think the woman may have been heading this way - but don't ask me why they believe that.
    Thank you for this update - I just saw her photo on FOX Dayside, she is a beautiful infant. I'm glad that LEOs must have received some tips about the kidnapper. What a horror, just a horror...

Quote Originally Posted by dulcinea
    I wonder under what guise the "nurse" showed up at the house. I would be very taken aback if a nurse showed up at my house. I know sometimes house visits are done to check up on babies who might have complications, but those visits are not done by hospital staff, at least not in my experience.
    In most states it is a requirement for nurses to make house visits if the mother was on medicaid. Part of their healthy baby care. Because the earlier they get consistent care the better off they will be. They also help with things like the first bath, teaching about proper feeding, breast feeding and any concerns the parent might have. Esp if they are young parents and the child has a problem, though they visit all children. They watch out for postpartum depression etc.

They are usually nurses but are not hospital staff. They are nurses employed by the state. I do so hope this doesn't impact the program. It's a wonderful thing I think.

What a sick woman to do this to them. I'll never understand how someone could just take an infant.

I hope she is found soon and she is safe.

I live in Abilene, not that far from Lubbock actually! I am definitely keeping my eyes and ears open around here!! So scary!!!

Thanks Linette!! From the link:

Police said the woman police are searching for is Caucasian, between 140 and 150 pounds and 5 feet, 4 inches tall. The dirty blonde last was seen in a red dress with yellow flowers and was said to be in her 30s. Police said she might be driving a white van or a red four-door Pontiac Firebird or Grand Am.

Tipsters were asked to call Crime Line at 806-741-1000 or the Lubbock Police Department at 806-775-2817.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast