1212 users online (244 members and 968 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

NY - Mother charged after girl left at birthday party

Mother charged after girl left at birthday party

SYRACUSE, N.Y. A Syracuse mother who dropped off her daughter at a birthday party and never returned has been charged with child abandonment.

Police say 28-year-old Quosenna Robinson left 4-year-old Heniyah Williams at the party on May 27th.

The next day, Robinson's apartment was empty. The birthday family decided to keep the girl.

Police got involved yesterday when the girl was reported missing when she wandered away. She was upset and asking for her mother.

~more at link~

That link isn't working for me

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb
    Mother charged after girl left at birthday party

SYRACUSE, N.Y. A Syracuse mother who dropped off her daughter at a birthday party and never returned has been charged with child abandonment.

Police say 28-year-old Quosenna Robinson left 4-year-old Heniyah Williams at the party on May 27th.

The next day, Robinson's apartment was empty. The birthday family decided to keep the girl.

Police got involved yesterday when the girl was reported missing when she wandered away. She was upset and asking for her mother.

~more at link~
    Link doesn't work for me....

Try this link ....

"Mother charged"

The poster had an extra "http://" in the link she posted - that's why it wasn't connecting.

13th Juror

Who lets the parents of a bunch of four-year olds drop the kid off and leave? When my kids were that age, the parents of the children invited had to stay and watch their kids. The mom throwing the party doesn't have time to look after all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Who lets the parents of a bunch of four-year olds drop the kid off and leave? When my kids were that age, the parents of the children invited had to stay and watch their kids. The mom throwing the party doesn't have time to look after all of them.
    And who just decides to keep a child, that makes no sense.

I thought my life was like a TV show sometimes, but I truly can't top some of the stupid things that I read here. Is that the BEST she could come up with if she couldn't handle being a parent anymore? Like there are no other options...

Quote Originally Posted by TisHerself
    Very true!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    This sorta happened to me once. I didn't let the woman just drop her off. It was on the invite that all parents has to stay. I couldn't watch 10 5 year olds by myself.

This woman was a little tipsy I thought when she showed up. I called her husband to come get them and expressed concern that she'd been driving while drunk with the daughter. When I asked her for her keys she turned them over without any upset at all. She said she was going to the restroom and I went back to the living room. When her dh got there to get them about 2 mins later she was no where to be found. She's just walked out the back door and left her daughter there.

I just thank G-d I had her keys and she didn't take the little girl with her. Some people just don't care and aren't real bright. She called her dh a few hours later and was sitting in the waffle house down the road. No excuse as to why she'd left. I was so glad when they got divorced and he got custody. Their lifes calmed down a lot after that.

I just don't understand the keeping the child though. Who'd do that?

Mama that is sooooo weird!!

I agree with you all... little kid Bdays ... I always invite parents ..

Quote Originally Posted by TisHerself
    The same fools who believe that she left a note. People should have to take a test to become a parent. I think both of these people FAIL!

Dear Parents of birthday child:

I left my daughter at your party, would you please return her to my new address. TIA
    Oops... forgot to include my NEW address.

Nope, makes no sense to me.

Some people haven't a clue; and the poster who said there should be a test is correct.

That poor child. It would be wonderful if someone could adopt her and show her a real life. How chaotic hers must have been in her few short years so far.

Even if she had left a note she didn't go back to the birthday house for her daughter when her daughter never did come to the new house. Evidentally it didn't bother her at all to just drop her daughter off and move on.

Can't think of what the birthday parents were thinking. You can't just keep a child because the mother didn't pick her up. If the little girl hadn't wandered off and LE hadn't been called I wonder how this story would have gone? Would the little girl have just lived with the birthday family until she graduated??? How strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel
    If the little girl hadn't wandered off and LE hadn't been called I wonder how this story would have gone? Would the little girl have just lived with the birthday family until she graduated??? How strange.
    Or until they got tired of her, or until she got in trouble for something, or until she needed medical care. Then they would start hollering that she didn't belong to them.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast