1066 users online (185 members and 881 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    487

    Blunt Force Trauma

    Hello everyone! I just was wondering what you guys would think of this:

    Could the damage to JBR's skull have been caused by carrying her body downstairs and dropping her? (What were the stairs, cement, hard wood?)
    Not sure if this is plausible, not sure if that amount of force could be caused by her being dropped......

  2. #2
    DejaNuGuest
    Little, I've often wondered this myself. I think that kind of skull fracture could be caused by a drop or shove to a floor, whether down the spiral staircase or down the basement stairs. But I will defer to the medical experts.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,064
    Depending on the distance of a fall like that, I'd think there would be lots more physical evidence in the autopsy, to other parts of JB's body. I don't see that at this point.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    968
    There would be lots more evidence in the autopsy and also there would probably be some evidence of skull impact in some portion of the home.

    I think you may be forgetting the metal baseball bat found outside the home, in an unusual location, in December, still bearing fibers from the basement carpeting. All this suggests that it was recently dropped outside by the fleeing intruder.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    I think you may be forgetting the metal baseball bat found outside the home, in an unusual location, in December, still bearing fibers from the basement carpeting. All this suggests that it was recently dropped outside by the fleeing intruder.
    It does no such thing. Unless, of course, you want to be the sort of person you criticize, one who makes claims unsupportable; in this case, that that portion of the yard had a force field over it, impenetrable by any object or person but a killer-intruder and the items that person carried. Shall we paint you as that person, Toth? "Ramsey defenders come up with the wackiest theories, such as the one where the bat was left in a part of the yard only an intruder could or would walk through, so the bat must have been left by the intruder."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,795
    I would thinnk the condition of the fibers could give some sense of how recently the bat had been left outside.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,199
    Dr. Werner Spitz conducted experiments in which he struck cadaver skulls with a Maglite like the Rs' Maglite...and the resulting fractures were nearly identical to the one on JonBenet's skull.

    I don't have a source to post for this information. I saw Spitz's demonstration on TV. It may have been four or five years ago.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    487
    Just a thought.... I wasn't sure. I also thought there would be trauma to other parts of her body, but if she were dropped head first?

    The bat is a nice thought....but why has there not been more info about this?

    The maglite was what I originally thought was the "culprit" but I just thought about the dropping thing last night while I was getting ready to go to sleep.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    968
    Lou Smit has never wanted to elaborate on the exact location of the bat, simply that it was not in a place where kids would normally have been playing with a baseball bat and simply left it there.

    I've always felt that the fact of the bat being found outside in December weather and yet still having basement-fibers meant that it had to be recently placed out there, however, I do admit to never having conducted any experiments on this issue. It just seems logical that rain, snow, dew, etc. as well as wind would remove such fibers fairly promptly. The fact that such fibers were not removed means that the bat was placed there fairly recently and therefore probably by the intruder as he fled the premises.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,575
    I had mentioned this a long time ago but thought it was worth bringing up again. A friend of my mothers husband was found dead in the tub when his wife came home from shopping. She had thought that he had a heart attack because there was no sign of blood. It wasn't until they did an autopsy that they found a crack in his skull. They then came to the conclusion that he had fallen in the tub while taking a shower. I have always felt that Patsy slamed JB's head against the tub or toilet, something porcelain.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    Lou Smit has never wanted to elaborate on the exact location of the bat, simply that it was not in a place where kids would normally have been playing with a baseball bat and simply left it there.

    I've always felt that the fact of the bat being found outside in December weather and yet still having basement-fibers meant that it had to be recently placed out there, however, I do admit to never having conducted any experiments on this issue. It just seems logical that rain, snow, dew, etc. as well as wind would remove such fibers fairly promptly. The fact that such fibers were not removed means that the bat was placed there fairly recently and therefore probably by the intruder as he fled the premises.
    Did you learn nothing from the Westerfield case? Danielle Van Dam's body was left out in the open under extremely harsh Santa Ana wind conditions, for far more than the day you would have the bat exposed to the elements by an intruder, yet her body retained fiber evidence which would go on to convict David Westerfield. History can be your lesson in the absence of hands-on experimentation. Fact: fibers can withstand environmental assaults for a longer period of time than a day.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    350
    It's been a long time since I've discussed that bat...could someone refresh my memory on where outside it was found. I remember the "spot" being different then the Butler doors, the basement window, where the light was turned off, etc.
    IMO -

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by TLynn
    It's been a long time since I've discussed that bat...could someone refresh my memory on where outside it was found. I remember the "spot" being different then the Butler doors, the basement window, where the light was turned off, etc.
    The bat was found right around the corner from the front of the house. In the picture link below, you would find it directly to the right of the concrete rain spout. To the left, just beyond the tree you see, are the front steps and the front door.

    http://s92053900.onlinehome.us/bat2.jpg

    Edited to add:

    In this picture, you can see that the bat was left there long enough for dried brown leaves and a twig to push themselves up against it. Note again: the leaves and twig are not under the bat, but next to it.

    http://s92053900.onlinehome.us/bat1.jpg

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by packerdog
    I had mentioned this a long time ago but thought it was worth bringing up again. A friend of my mothers husband was found dead in the tub when his wife came home from shopping. She had thought that he had a heart attack because there was no sign of blood. It wasn't until they did an autopsy that they found a crack in his skull. They then came to the conclusion that he had fallen in the tub while taking a shower. I have always felt that Patsy slamed JB's head against the tub or toilet, something porcelain.

    Okay, lets take this a step forward:

    WHat if PR was bathing JBR or washing her off after the wet the bed incident, and dropped her in the tub--on the tile floor? Plausible?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by little1
    Okay, lets take this a step forward:

    WHat if PR was bathing JBR or washing her off after the wet the bed incident, and dropped her in the tub--on the tile floor? Plausible?
    That is one of the theories that has been around a long time. Accident and a cover up.
    This is my opinion only
    This post may not be copied to any other forum

    God Bless America

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast