GUILTY TX - Davontae Williams, 9, starved to death, Fort Worth, 26 July 2004

cathieq

Reaction score
Fort Worth Star Telegram
"...Testimony in the capital-murder trial of Lisa Ann Coleman, 30, is expected to begin Wednesday in Fort Worth.

Coleman and her partner, Marcella Williams, are accused in the death of Williams' son Davontae Williams. The boy's malnourished, bruise-covered body was found inside his mother's apartment in July 2004. He weighed less than a healthy 3-year-old...

Davontae weighed 35.8 pounds when he died, according to officials. Based on his injuries and witnesses' statements, police said they believe that Davontae was sometimes put in restraints or locked in a pantry..."
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/14743931.htm

GUILTY!

Fort Worth Star Telegram

FORT WORTH —"... Davontae Williams lived in an east Arlington apartment with two younger siblings, his mother and her lover. The apartment had pantry full of food and a refrigerator loaded with gallons of ice cream and frozen meat.

Everyone in the medium-sized apartment ate, except 9-year-old Davontae..."

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/14763267.htm

The Dallas Morning News
A Tarrant County jury took less than an hour Monday to convict Lisa Ann Coleman of capital murder and injury to a child in the starvation death of Davontae Williams...The punishment phase of the trial began Monday afternoon in the courtroom of state district Judge Everett Young. .
http://tinyurl.com/pdy8z

FORT WORTH, Texas -- An Arlington, Texas, woman was sentenced to death Wednesday for the starvation death of a 9-year-old boy who prosecutors say weighed 35 pounds when he died.

A jury took less than an hour Monday to convict Lisa Ann Coleman, 30, of capital murder for her role in the 2004 death of Davontae Williams, her girlfriend's son.

"The fact that a female has gotten the death penalty for killing a child, it's a step forward for bringing child abuse out of the darkness of people's homes and into the light of day," prosecutor Mitch Poe said in a report on the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Web site on Wednesday.

Prosecutors have said Coleman, who shared an apartment with the boy's mother, beat, bound, neglected and starved Williams.

Coleman's attorney Fred Cummings argued that Coleman had not meant to starve Williams and had given him nutrition drinks.

http://www.wjactv.com/news/9409237/detail.html

There are times, and this is one of them for me, when I wish those who murder could have the same thing happen to them that happened to the victim. Oh how I wish that these excuses for humans could experience what Davontae Williams did. But that would make me as barbaric and nasty as them. So on with the death penalty. I waste no sympathy on Lisa Ann Coleman who beat, bound, neglected and starved Williams. I only hope that the upcoming trial of his mother, 25-year-old Marcella Williams, will result in the same conviction and death penalty.

How sad that any child has to live that way. When the world all accepts that children are a gift, we might, just might, be able to live in a place where this kind of hatred and ugliness is a thing of the past.

I know, big dream.

Woman in starvation of boy to be executed

FORT WORTH – Lisa Ann Coleman's tragic life was not enough to keep her off death row for the starvation death of her girlfriend's son, 9-year-old Davontae Williams.

A Tarrant County jury Wednesday rejected defense attorneys' emotional pleas to spare the life of a woman they said was a product of incest, neglected by her mother, bounced through foster homes and repeatedly raped by an uncle.

That was no excuse, prosecutor Mitch Poe said, for "the worst case of child abuse I've ever seen."

Prosecutors said Davontae had a busted lip and 250 scars or wounds, and had been forced to live in an empty pantry while no one else in the house went hungry.

Davontae weighed 35 pounds when paramedics were called to the family's apartment on July 26, 2004.

Ms. Coleman's attorneys asked for mercy, saying she had endured an impoverished, abusive life similar to Davontae's.

"You have to look at whether there is a place for mercy for Lisa," said one of her attorneys, Michael Heiskell.

He held up Ms. Coleman's jail mug shot, telling the jury that it was the only photo he could find of her.

Mr. Poe, in his closing arguments, held up a school photo of Davontae and reminded the jury of the boy's starvation and abuse at the hands of Ms. Coleman and his mother.

Tracey Binder of Fort Worth, Davontae's great-aunt, said she agreed with the jury's verdict.

"One down, one to go," she said. "There is no excuse for what happened to this kid. Justice was done. I've forgiven both of them. The hardest thing I've ever had to do was forgive them.

"Lisa needs to fess up. How can you torture someone and act like nothing happened? If you are really sorry, you need to confess."

Ms. Coleman, who did not testify at the trial or the punishment phase, showed no emotion when the verdict was read.

In 1999, the agency removed Davontae and his sister, who was then a toddler, after finding that the boy had been beaten with an extension cord.

Ms. Williams was later reunited with her children and began dodging caseworkers. The agency's final interview with Davontae was in October 2002 when the boy was enrolled at Webb Elementary School in Arlington.

The following month, Ms. Williams withdrew Davontae from Webb and told officials she was transferring him to a school in Fort Worth. Officials said they had no record of the boy's enrollment.

Ms. Coleman will join Chelsea Richardson from Tarrant County on death row. Ms. Richardson received a death sentence in August 2005 for the 2003 murders of her boyfriend's parents, Rick and Susanna Wamsley of Mansfield.

more at:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon.../stories/062206dnmetcolemanfolo.ab283c64.html

Jeana (DP) said:
Woman in starvation of boy to be executed

Ms. Coleman's attorneys asked for mercy, saying she had endured an impoverished, abusive life similar to Davontae's.

"You have to look at whether there is a place for mercy for Lisa," said one of her attorneys, Michael Heiskell.

He held up Ms. Coleman's jail mug shot, telling the jury that it was the only photo he could find of her.

more at:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/062206dnmetcolemanfolo.ab283c64.html
So that gives you the right to treat this child the same way, and he isn't even yours!! This makes me mad, how can an attorney defend someone like her??

Masissy said:
So that gives you the right to treat this child the same way, and he isn't even yours!! This makes me mad, how can an attorney defend someone like her??

I know darlin. I agree. Keep in mind that this is Texas and she WILL be executed and it won't take 20 years either. I don't know how defense attorneys' brains work. I'm not built like that. But, you know that if she's not given a defense, then the trial is thrown out. We don't want that to happen. I don't know why sometimes the cycle of abuse continues and others are able to stop it with themselves. Be glad in your heart though that this woman won't ever be able to hurt another child again. {{{{HUGS}}}}

This is so sad :( That poor baby and Im sure thats what he looked like starved :( I remember seeing something similar to this where a pastor or doctor, someone, found out some boys were being mistreated and beat and unfed and he took them im. Like the 16 year old was 4 feet some inchs and little bitty but then they did an update and the guy grew almost a foot! it was crazy

I hope that the death sentence means that this idiot will die by starvation as her young victim did.

Jeana (DP) said:
I know darlin. I agree. Keep in mind that this is Texas and she WILL be executed and it won't take 20 years either. I don't know how defense attorneys' brains work. I'm not built like that. But, you know that if she's not given a defense, then the trial is thrown out. We don't want that to happen. I don't know why sometimes the cycle of abuse continues and others are able to stop it with themselves. Be glad in your heart though that this woman won't ever be able to hurt another child again. {{{{HUGS}}}}
Jeana (DP), I wish all states would step up like Texas. And yes, she will never hurt another baby and to me that makes me smile.

http://www.wbtw.com/story/26561457/texas-executes-woman-for-starvation-of-boy-9

A Texas woman convicted of the starvation and torture death of her girlfriend's 9-year-old son a decade ago was executed Wednesday evening.

Lisa Coleman, 38, received a lethal injection about an hour after the U.S. Supreme Court rejected a last-day appeal to spare her. She was pronounced dead at 6:24 p.m. CDT, 12 minutes after Texas Department of Criminal officials began administering a lethal dose of pentobarbital.

'In the death chamber, Coleman reportedly smiled and acknowledged friends and an aunt who were watching through a window, said she loved the other women on Texas' death row and that they should "keep their heads up". She mouthed an audible kiss and added: "I'm all right. Tell them I finished strong … God is good." Shortly before she closed her eyes and stopped moving, she said, "Love you all."

Coleman was pronounced dead at the state penitentiary in Huntsville, near Houston, at 6.24pm central time, 12 minutes after officials began to administer the lethal dose of the sedative.'

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/18/lisa-coleman-texas-lethal-injection-executed

Picture link. Lisa Coleman and Davontae Williams, the little boy she starved to death. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...omorrow-10-years-killed-girlfriend-s-son.html

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 16
http://www.kens5.com/story/news/loc...th-sentence-for-mom-who-starved-son/16105743/

The family of a woman who was sentenced to life in prison for the starvation killing of her son says they think she should have been executed.

Marcella Williams pleaded guilty in 2006 in the murder of her nine-year-old son, Davontae Williams. Her girlfriend, Lisa Ann Coleman, was executed last week for her role in the crime. But Williams will face no such fate. She reached a deal with the Tarrant County District Attorney's Office that saw her enter a guilty plea in exchange for a life sentence back in 2006...

"The Williams family is trying to move on," said Tracey Williams, Marcella's aunt. "But we feel as though she should've gotten the death penalty as well. You're the mother; you are supposed to protect your child."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back