731 users online (78 members and 653 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    Have you explored Leonard Lake and Charles Ng? I'm not sure what years they were operating, but it was near Willits where they were committing murders.
    If Lake and Ng had killed the parents then that would explain why the children have not been identified.
    It is hard to understand why, if the two kids were a couple, two sets of parent were not looking for them.
    If they are brother and sister surely the parents would be looking for them unless they killed them or died themselves. Many families lose contact with each other and that may explain why extended family was not looking for a brother and sister.
    I was wondering about the Zodiak but Ng and Lake make sense.

I know I've read an article in the last 2-3 months that said further testing showed that they were not related...I'll work on finding that article

Quote Originally Posted by lymom3
    I know I've read an article in the last 2-3 months that said further testing showed that they were not related...I'll work on finding that article
    If that turns out to be the case it is difficult to understand how 2 different families have not identified the kids.
    Perhaps the kids were from different areas and not a "couple" but met up and were killed. That still would leave the families to at least trace the children to a specific area and find both children went missing at the same time.
    It brings to mind the runaways that were featured on tv often about 10 yrs ago. All these runaway children would end up on the same streets of a big city far from home. They would become couples or families to survive. Perhaps these are 2 runaways that went to the big city to live and met up. A serial killer would find them from one or both of them prostituting themselves for money or just living on the streets. Their bodies may be from another city even.
    Facinating story.

Looks like testing was done showing no relation between the two, but ast you can read here that opens a whole new discussion. Here's a link to that entire thread because I am a putz and it's 3am...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...a+unidentified
    Last edited by lymom3; 06-06-2006 at 03:58 AM. Reason: I'm bleary eyed

Looks like testing was done showing no relation between the two, but ast you can read here that opens a whole new discussion. Here's a link to that entire thread because I am a putz and it's 3am...

Thank you. I will read because this is very interesting.

These kids look exactly like the Reinert kids. I know it sounds far fetched but could it be a case of Chimera DNA? If the samples were taken from a parent with this, the children would not come up as being the children of the mother. They are now finding Chimera DNA to be more proliferent than they ever expected, but of course DNA is really in its infant stage and the more samples they get and have to test will reveal more cases.

1979 jane and john doe medocino ca - previous thread

Quote Originally Posted by outofthedark
    I tried to find online articles about these two and didn't quite find anything ...
    Here is a link to previous discussions of this case on Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - 1979 jane and john doe medocino ca

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ight=mendocino

Quote Originally Posted by Becba
    If Lake and Ng had killed the parents then that would explain why the children have not been identified.
    It is hard to understand why, if the two kids were a couple, two sets of parent were not looking for them.
    If they are brother and sister surely the parents would be looking for them unless they killed them or died themselves. Many families lose contact with each other and that may explain why extended family was not looking for a brother and sister.
    I was wondering about the Zodiak but Ng and Lake make sense.
    Thanks!!

I didn't think of that earlier!

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    Have you explored Leonard Lake and Charles Ng? I'm not sure what years they were operating, but it was near Willits where they were committing murders.
    Willits is a couple of hundred miles from the Sonora area where Lake and Ng were active. There is an town named "Sonoma" not too far from Willits, but it is a completely different area.

See map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...onora,+ca&om=1

I remember seeing speculation that these JD's may be related to Jim Jones and the People's Temple deaths. The PT lived in the area for a while and maintained a small group of followers there after the bulk of members had moved to Guyana. The approximated date of death lines up with the timeframe of the mass suicides - it is feasible that the children were killed as part of a murder/suicide of followers of Jim Jones. Someone would have had to have killed and buried the children, then went somewhere else and killed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doogie
    Willits is a couple of hundred miles from the Sonora area where Lake and Ng were active. There is an town named "Sonoma" not too far from Willits, but it is a completely different area.

See map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...onora,+ca&om=1

I remember seeing speculation that these JD's may be related to Jim Jones and the People's Temple deaths. The PT lived in the area for a while and maintained a small group of followers there after the bulk of members had moved to Guyana. The approximated date of death lines up with the timeframe of the mass suicides - it is feasible that the children were killed as part of a murder/suicide of followers of Jim Jones. Someone would have had to have killed and buried the children, then went somewhere else and killed themselves.
    I could e-mail the Doe Network about the Lang and Ng possibility- but if I do, I may have to also find the e-mail for the department/office investigating the case

Because DNA ruled out them being Brother and Sister, is it possible that these two were friends or boyfriend and girlfriend??

Here's a link to the second, newer thread about these JDs.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40071

The illustrations of the 2 kids have them with brown eyes even though eye color is not known. I would venture they have blue eyes due to having light brown hair that was identified. If their hair was as blonde looking as the illustrations then it would be likely they have blue eyes. Think they used brown because it is more common. Just speculating.

Where is the info saying they were not brother and sister?

The illustrations of the 2 kids have them with brown eyes even though eye color is not known. I would venture they have blue eyes due to having light brown hair that was identified. If their hair was as blonde looking as the illustrations then it would be likely they have blue eyes. Think they used brown because it is more common. Just speculating.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ia+unidentified

Here is the link I found here on Websleuths. Obviously there is discussion here and they feel the DNA may have been mishandled but who really knows for certain?

Eye color...

Brown eyes are far more common than any other color. Even for people with blonde or light brown hair. That said, however, It is doubtful that they knew the actual eye color of these two children. Eye color is one of the first things to be lost in the decomposition process.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ia+unidentified

Here is the link I found here on Websleuths. Obviously there is discussion here and they feel the DNA may have been mishandled but who really knows for certain?
    The link doesn't really work

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast