1238 users online (182 members and 1056 guests)  

Websleuths News

AZ - Couple Accused of Selling Kids

A fugitive couple accused of trying to sell their children in Mexico spent the weekend in San Diego jails awaiting extradition to Arizona. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children reportedly tipped off federal investigators about the couple. The tip led Mexican authorities to arrest 20-year-old Jessica Karin Heird and 37-year-old Edward Henry Leader in Tijuana on Friday. Mexican authorities reportedly found the couple's three-year-old son, but their 18-month-old daughter was still missing. The San Diego Union-Tribune reported that the boy and girl were sold, though there was no word on who paid for the children or what the price was.

More: http://www.kpho.com/Global/story.asp...&nav=menu135_2
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Some articles say it was the 18 month old girl who hasn't been recovered, and some say it is another child. For example this article says that the 3 year old boy and the 18 month old girl were recovered, but they are looking for the 6 th child the couple had with them. Oh and she is 6 months pregnant too!
    http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=4988635&nav=15MV

I have read hints that the children that Heird has were fathered by Leader. Now if she was 16 in 2002, when her two children were taken away from her, then I would have to presume that she was only about 13 or 14 when she got pregnant the first time. Leader is 37 now, so he would have been 33 when she got pregnant. I haven't found anywhere where it says for sure that he is the father of all of her children, but they are saying that Leader was her long time boyfriend.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

They must be druggies. I hope that they have recovered the kids. We know that the baby that she is carrying will never know her or him as its parents.
    If the kids haven't been recovered those parents probably don't have a clue who they sold them to. So there is also supposed to be a 6 yr old too? I hope this couple get a nice long stay in prison and are forced to sign away their rights to their children. Hope the kids are found safe and sound.

I think these are the missing posters for 2 of the kids and Jessica. One of the children has the last name of Leader.
    http://www.doenetwork.us/nampn/cases...r_matthew.html

http://www.doenetwork.us/nampn/cases/heird_erik.html

http://www.doenetwork.us/nampn/cases/heird_jessica.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

So that means she's had 7 children - 3 from a previous relationship and 4 with Leader (counting the one she's carrying)? Well they need to outfit her with a iron chastity belt - and throw away the key! No, she's probably good at picking locks. $12,500 bail doesn't sound nearways enough!

I don't think that's correct. Her boyfriend, the upstanding Mr. Leader, has 3 children from a previous relationship.

I think she has just 3 kids....which at the age of 20 is unheard of....at least in
    my neck of the woods.
    Justice for Jonbenet!

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan
    I don't think that's correct. Her boyfriend, the upstanding Mr. Leader, has 3 children from a previous relationship.

I think she has just 3 kids....which at the age of 20 is unheard of....at least in
    my neck of the woods.
    That is true he has three, she has three. But she is also 6 months pregnant.