Billy Preston dead at age 59

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Billy Preston, the exuberant keyboardist who landed dream gigs with the Beatles and the Rolling Stones and enjoyed his own series of hit singles, including "Outta Space" and "Nothing From Nothing," died Tuesday at 59.

Preston's longtime manager, Joyce Moore, said Preston had been in a coma since November in a care facility and was taken to a hospital in Scottsdale Saturday after his condition deteriorated.

"He had a very, very beautiful last few hours and a really beautiful passing," Moore said by telephone from Germany. "He went home good."

Preston had battled chronic kidney failure, and he received a kidney transplant in 2002. But the kidney failed and he has been on dialysis ever since, Moore said earlier this year.

Rest of story: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060606/ap_on_en_mu/obit_preston&printer=1

I had forgotten all about Billy Preston. I really liked his music. He sure was young. I'm glad that he isn't suffering anymore.

Ok, apparently I'm confused. (Like that's news to anyone who knows me!) But, who sang "Carribean Queen." :doh:

Billy Ocean?:) I soooo loved that song in the good ole 80's, still do!

Billy Preston plays organ on The Beatles' "Get Back" and several other Beatles songs. Not too shabby...he even sang it in the awful, awful movie "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" from the 70s...the one starring the BeeGees...that one...he was the only great part.

RIP, Billy.

MsPooh said:
Billy Ocean?:) I soooo loved that song in the good ole 80's, still do!

Billy Ocean! That's right. Thanks MsPooh. Just getting my Billy's confused I guess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalloryK
Back