Searching For Anna Book: Download and Comments

Dr. Doogie

Reaction score
Here is the link to download the book Searching For Anna by Michaele Benedict (Annnasmom):

http://home.earthlink.net/~drdoogief/

It is not a PDF as originally advertised - I was having way too many issues converting it to a PDF, so the file is a Microsoft Word document.

One quick note: Chapter 20 is the chapter that summarizes the activities here on Websleuths. Unfortunately, the chapter is still a work in progress and as a result, it is incomplete and difficult to read or follow (besides that, it is perfect!). A revised version with a completely rewritten / re-edited Chapter 20 will be forthcoming in a few weeks, but I did not want to hold up the availability of this download because of my obsessive-compulsive desire for perfection.

Please use this thread for general comments/critiques/suggestions about the book. If you have specific questions about the details, please post those questions in the appropriate existing threads to help maintain a coherent organization to the forum.

Enjoy!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Dr. Doogie said:
Here is the link to download the book Searching For Anna by Michaele Benedict (Annnasmom):

Doogie has done a wonderful job of putting photographs and illustrations right in the text they apply to, and those of you who have requested more pictures will find them here.

Dr. Doogie said:

It is not a PDF as originally advertised - I was having way too many issues converting it to a PDF, so the file is a Microsoft Word document.

One quick note: Chapter 20 is the chapter that summarizes the activities here on Websleuths. Unfortunately, the chapter is still a work in progress and as a result, it is incomplete and difficult to read or follow (besides that, it is perfect!). A revised version with a completely rewritten / re-edited Chapter 20 will be forthcoming in a few weeks, but I did not want to hold up the availability of this download because of my obsessive-compulsive desire for perfection.

Please use this thread for general comments/critiques/suggestions about the book. If you have specific questions about the details, please post those questions in the appropriate existing threads to help maintain a coherent organization to the forum.

Doogie, to make a multi-page .pdf file, you should get Adobe Acrobat. With that it's a snap to make one... It comes with the Creative Suite with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, all fantastic programs!

Eek - I'm already on chapter 11 and had to force myself to stop so I could go outside and get some things done before it gets dark! Annasmom, I had no idea you are a writer! Your prose and poetry are beautiful and haunting at the same time. Especially poingnant is the poem you were working on the day Anna disappeared. I also like the letters and telegrams interspersed throughout - it's so interesting to hear all the different thoughts and perspectives. Thanks so much for sharing your manuscript with us - I think it's a great way to get Anna's story out, and it's a pleasure to read.

ps-I love hearing details about Anna and all her endearing quirks (ie the LO letters) - what a funny little munchkin!

I am having trouble opening it on my computer beyond the cover page with Anna's pic. Can anybody help? :confused:

laini said:
I am having trouble opening it on my computer beyond the cover page with Anna's pic. Can anybody help? :confused:
I am having the same problem. So if someone can step us throught this it would be apprecaited.

:HappyBday Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Annasmom. Happy Birthday to you. May the dear Lord bless you, in ALL that you do. May Jesus and Mary, smile down upon you. :HappyBday

It is now 7:30 am and I have finished reading. I have tears and a lump in my throat. I have written notes which I will address after getting some sleep. Beautiful work Mikie! Nite all.

I can't open it either :(. It wants me to fill out an ownership window for mircrosoft windows 2003!! I dont' own that. Help please.

mjak

LinasK said:
Doogie, to make a multi-page .pdf file, you should get Adobe Acrobat. With that it's a snap to make one... It comes with the Creative Suite with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, all fantastic programs!
I ran the Word.doc through Acrobat and several flow issues arose (chapters starting mid page, photos being cut off, etc). My afore-mentioned OCD led me to post the Word.doc itself instead of the PDF. Part of the problem is the manuscript was written on a MAC, edited on two different PC's with different versions of Word, then distilled into a PDF on a third PC - all a receipe for disaster.

For all of you that are having file issues, I will post a seperate link at the same website for the download of the flawed PDF file. Sorry that so many are having problems. Please let me know if this solves the issues.

Thanks to everyone for your enthusiasm to view the manuscript!

Thanks Doogie, I am now reading the book. I have to say this. The resembalnce between Anna and the little girl in the synergy photo is exstrodinary!!! Every picture I have seen of in Anna in this manuscript brings me back to that Synergy girl. I even pulled both pictures up and stared at them. What a resembalance.

mjak

I am still having trouble. I tried using the pdf file. It said "downloading.." and then "done". But the page is blank. Any ideas?

I opened mine with Open Office (www.openoffice.org) - you can download it for free if you're in a hurry to read the book (which you probably are!).

I downloaded mine to a flashdisk using the PDF file and it worked great.
- Mjak

I opened mine on wordpad and it is working great. I am not done reading yet though.

Yes, I am reading it now, thanks to Sherlock. She sent me an email and told me how to get in.

What a read, I know if Anna reads this book she is bound to remember something that will stir the memories of her childhood when she was with her mom and Joe. So glad you made notes and had all this recorded to put in your book. Annasmom you are an amazing mother. When the book is printed I want a copy of it, I can't wait to send you a check for it, please let me know when it is released.........

Doogie, I'm able to open both the Word versions and the .pdf...

Thanks Annasmom and Doogie. I have saved it to my documents and will read it soon. Been busy getting ready to move, but I do still check in here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back