817 users online (116 members and 701 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    I downloaded mine to a flashdisk using the PDF file and it worked great.
    - Mjak

I opened mine on wordpad and it is working great. I am not done reading yet though.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Yes, I am reading it now, thanks to Sherlock. She sent me an email and told me how to get in.

What a read, I know if Anna reads this book she is bound to remember something that will stir the memories of her childhood when she was with her mom and Joe. So glad you made notes and had all this recorded to put in your book. Annasmom you are an amazing mother. When the book is printed I want a copy of it, I can't wait to send you a check for it, please let me know when it is released.........

Arrow

Doogie, I'm able to open both the Word versions and the .pdf...
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Thanks Annasmom and Doogie. I have saved it to my documents and will read it soon. Been busy getting ready to move, but I do still check in here.

Wow wonderful book! I read it this morning. It was so touching, espcially when Annasmom told little stories of Anna. My heart broke when I saw her handprint.

One question/confusion I do have...when Anna dissappeared, it was mentioned in the book that the dog, Saturn didn't bark. Later in the book, when Annasbro remembered the 'couple in the car' he mentioned he had to "settle the dog" was Saturn barking at the couple? Perhaps, Saturn knew the abductor (if there is one) that took Anna right from her yard and didnt bark?

After several hours of downloading adobe last night until 3 a.m., I was able to download the pdf. (thx dr. doogie for the obvious suggestion )

It was well worth the trouble and wait. I can't wait to read your story, Annasmom. Thanks for sharing with us.

I've finished the book. Thanks so much -- it is very powerful. I will reread again this weekend and note my questions. I pray for everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by GraceBlue
    One question/confusion I do have...when Anna dissappeared, it was mentioned in the book that the dog, Saturn didn't bark. Later in the book, when Annasbro remembered the 'couple in the car' he mentioned he had to "settle the dog" was Saturn barking at the couple? Perhaps, Saturn knew the abductor (if there is one) that took Anna right from her yard and didnt bark?
    Interesting question! Annasmom, do you know where Saturn was during the five-minute window of time that Anna disappeared?

Quote Originally Posted by laini
    After several hours of downloading adobe last night until 3 a.m., I was able to download the pdf. (thx dr. doogie for the obvious suggestion )
    Stating the obvious is my specialty. Glad you were able to access the file.

Quote Originally Posted by rideforfun
    I've finished the book. Thanks so much -- it is very powerful. I will reread again this weekend and note my questions.
    One of our hopes is that the book will raise questions and angles of investigation that we have not explored yet. Please feel free to post those questions under the appropriate thread (just to keep the information on the forum logically organized).

Thanks for the kind words about the book - Annasmom has done a fantastic job in documenting not only the facts, but the emotions of the search also. The manuscript is ultimately a 160 page love-letter from a mother to a daughter that she has not seen for thirty three years. If Anna reads the book, I know that she will be proud of how her family has searched for her all of these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doogie
    Interesting question! Annasmom, do you know where Saturn was during the five-minute window of time that Anna disappeared?
    I can't really remember for sure. I believe he was in the fenced back yard. Anna was pretty good about closing gates behind her (country girl training), so if she went up to the road to get the mail, she may well have shut him in the yard. At any rate, we heard no barking that I recall. Things just got very quiet all of a sudden. As I have said before, Saturn was just a youngster and didn't always bark at things an adult would have barked at.

have yet to read the book but will this weekend since i am finaly off from work till monday. i was reading the first page of this thread on the book and someone mentioned that the dog was kinda not settled the first time he saw the people in the car annas brother was the dog barking was he happy? did he have the look of fear on him.? what if those same people came back to take anna and beacuse the dog was settled down he saw these people again and thought nothing of them beacuse he saw them before and they semed to be harmless

I've been lurking and reading this forum for month or so now. I have prayed that you will find your daughter or that she will find you. Your book (which I'm still reading) is amazing, and is a wonderful document. I'm sure it will spark something and perhaps provide another step on the way to finding a resolution to this long mystery.

(as an aside, I noticed that you refered in Chapter 20 to Doug posting on WebSearch'. I know you said this chapter is still being worked on, so I wondered if this was supposed to read 'WebSleuths'?

The section reads: After some months, Doug started a thread under “Cold Cases” on WebSearch, an Internet bulletin board which calls itself a “crime sleuthing community”, with more than 5700 members. )

Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back.

I have only just begun to read it, but I must give my applause to Anna's Mom! Great job! I feel like I got to "meet" Anna in a way. She was such a unique and wonderful little girl. This book will be such a gift to her when you meet again, so she will know all you & your family did to find her.

It was so eerie to hear Brody telling you to let Anna stay with him when you had a cold so she wouldn't be "contaminated." Seeing pictures of him just gives me the creeps. He has a spooky vibe, even in photos. It's truly upsetting to read about how he came to command George Waters's mind as his sickness worsened. I am also struck by what a little window there was for Anna's abduction to take place. It's every parent's nightmare.

Also, I know this has been mentioned before (at least I think I know... lol) but Anna's Mom, you don't remember any of the other names Brody suggested for Anna, right?

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast