GUILTY VT - James Saunders, 33, Barre, 10 May 2006

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
Barre, Vermont - June 7, 2006

The Barre Police Department needs your help locating a missing person, that they say may be in danger.

33-year-old James Saunders has been missing since May 10th. He left his home with an unidentified 17-year-old, who has since been located.
news link

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Last Seen: James was last seen by friends on May 10, 2006.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Last Location Seen: Barre, Vermont
saunders_james1.jpg
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Age in 2006: 33[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hair Color: Long black hair
Eye Color: Blue
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Race: White[/font]
VSP

linkVermont State Police say a missing man from Barre has been found dead, and several people have been charged with murder, attempted robbery and kidnapping.

more at link
Two North Carolina men are charged with first-degree murder and three Barre teenagers face related kidnapping charges in connection with the death of James Saunders, 33, of Barre, who went missing in May, Vermont State Police said Wednesday afternoon.

Authorities found Saunders’ body Tuesday in a shallow grave in Vershire.

Leodor Rousseau, 33 and Joshua Darling, 21, both of Troy, N.C. are charged with first-degree murder, kidnapping and attempted assault and robbery, police said.

link
Vermont State Police say a missing man from Barre has been found dead, and several people have been charged with murder, attempted robbery and kidnapping.
Leodor Rousseau, 33 and Joshua Darling, 21, both of Troy, N.C. are charged with first-degree murder, kidnapping and attempted assault and robbery, police said.
The teenagers, Melinda Pike, 17, a 15-year-old and a 14-year-old whom police did not identify are charged with kidnapping.more at link

Mods;

Can you please move this to the located forum?
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

link
Take a look at the booking photo of Joshua Darling.He has a happy sneer on his face;

gardenmom said:
Unreal. I bet that smile will get wiped off fairly quickly in prison. :D
Hi Gardenmom,
Was there anything where you are pertaining to this story?
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

UPDATE: Twenty-five arrested in Barre drug bust

L’Esperance said police became aware of the seriousness of Barre’s drug problem in September after police discovered the body of James Saunders 33, of Barre.

An investigation determined that Saunders was killed by alleged drug rival, Leodor Rousseau, 33, who masterminded the crime with the help of four others, including three teenagers — ages 17, 15 and 14.

link

Look at the ages of the accused;

But friends and family of Shawn Fordham, 14, Nathaniel Masi, 15, and Melinda Pike, 17, insist the teen defendants were unwitting bit players in a homicidal scheme of someone else's design.

link

15} FORDHAM_VO A Barre teenager charged in connection with a violent murder -- faces new charges. Police picked up 14-year-old Shawn Fordham this weekend -- for allegedly violating conditions of his release. Fordham was charged earlier this year -- with allegedly helping a drug dealer kidnap and murder James Saunders. Police this weekend say they found drug paraphernalia on Fordham.

Family of 'orphaned' murder victim comes forward

BARRE — James Saunders, the victim of a brutal May homicide, had spun a compelling tale of childhood woe to his friends in Vermont.

His parents, Saunders said, died behind bars when he was a young child. Reared in a foster home in a rough urban neighborhood, he was left to fend for himself on the streets of Philadelphia.

But to add one more twist to the unfolding tragedy of his beating death and the criminal charges that have now snared seven people, James Saunders in fact is the missing son and brother of a Virginia family that has been searching for their lost relative since 1990.

That is just heartbreaking for his family...but probably better off not seeing his self destruction!

Hi SewingDeb and Cheko1,:)

I want to thank-you both for taking the time to read this and for posting.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

dark_shadows said:
Hi SewingDeb and Cheko1,:)

I want to thank-you both for taking the time to read this and for posting.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

You're welcome dark_shadows. Maybe this guy did his family a favor by not involving them in the ups and downs of his drug activity but it is sad that they had to wonder about his safety for all those years.

His death has brought a huge drug sweep in that area. Maybe that will help change a few lives before it's too late.

Hi SewingDeb,:)

Maybe there will be some unsolved missing persons and unsolved murder cases reopened and solved because of this.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

That would be wonderful for the families, wouldn't it? I hope many more good things come from this case.

Merry Christmas to you, dark_knight.

SewingDeb said:
That would be wonderful for the families, wouldn't it? I hope many more good things come from this case.

Merry Christmas to you, dark_knight.
Hi SewingDeb,:)
Thank-you for your post. Merry Christmas to you too.

ps...:( , I am used to being referred to as Dark Knight. As a matter of fact, I commented on that on another thread. I know that when that happens, it is not done on purpose by any poster.

Many criminals think that if someone is involved in a case and on the streets instead of being jailed, they are a "rat".
Did this man die from a medical problem, or was he silenced by others involved in a way to make it appear to be a medical problem?

Suspect in Barre drug raids found dead

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back