722 users online (98 members and 624 guests)  



Websleuths News


Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,834

    Charles Gibson

    Even though the announcement is a few days old I just wanted to say that I'm glad Charles Gibson now has the top anchor spot on "World News Tonight". Although I like Bob Woodruff and Elizabeth Vargas I feel Gibson should have gotten it in the 1st place. He has earned it and paid his dues. He seems like a man with alot of integrity.

  2. #2
    tennessee is offline Blew out my flipflop. Stepped on a pop top . . .
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,013
    I think he comes across as having a good personality and being really likeable. He probably should have gotten it from the get go. They were probably going for the younger audience though.
    Opinions are like belly buttons. Everyone's got one. This one is mine.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    3,051
    I like Gibson too but I have been a Woodruff fan for a long time. I hope he makes it back on some level. I had heard that Gibson wanted a longer contract than ABC was willing to give him last year, so Vargas & Woodruff got the job. Good Morning America is my favorite by far. Is Charlie going to be replaced on it?
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,834
    Quote Originally Posted by ljwf22
    I like Gibson too but I have been a Woodruff fan for a long time. I hope he makes it back on some level. I had heard that Gibson wanted a longer contract than ABC was willing to give him last year, so Vargas & Woodruff got the job. Good Morning America is my favorite by far. Is Charlie going to be replaced on it?
    I figured he hadn't gotten it in the 1st place probably due to money/contract issues. They must've sweetned the deal this time around. GMA is my fave network morning show also. As far as a replacement I haven't heard (could've missed though) of one yet. They might just stick with Diane & Robin.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,834
    Come to think of it I think I heard rumblings about Bryant Gumbel (forget where). I hope not. He's an arrogant, cocky man. I wonder if he's still married to that woman he left his wife for.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,551
    My thought is ABC missed the boat by not offering Merideth Viera a counter offer to host the evening news right there on ABC. That would have put her in the same spot as Katie Couric and I personally would have watched Merideth over Katie.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    58

    Charles Gibson

    Quote Originally Posted by kato
    Even though the announcement is a few days old I just wanted to say that I'm glad Charles Gibson now has the top anchor spot on "World News Tonight". Although I like Bob Woodruff and Elizabeth Vargas I feel Gibson should have gotten it in the 1st place. He has earned it and paid his dues. He seems like a man with alot of integrity.
    I agree . Didn't Charles Gibson leave GMA awhile back , for a few years? What was that about, does anyone know?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,834
    Quote Originally Posted by desertjade
    I agree . Didn't Charles Gibson leave GMA awhile back , for a few years? What was that about, does anyone know?
    Hmmmm. I can't recall that.



Similar Threads

  1. Submitted Missing: ISAIAH GIBSON (IL)
    By Seymour Krelborn in forum Missing Kids - RSS Feed Thread
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2016, 06:00 AM
  2. Is Mel Gibson really like this?
    By Steely Dan in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 06-24-2012, 07:16 PM
  3. Mel Gibson unknown facts?
    By PattyCake in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-30-2009, 09:24 PM
  4. Mel Gibson
    By Floh in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 346
    Last Post: 09-28-2006, 09:09 PM