Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: CO - Christopher Enoch Abeyta, 7 months, Colorado Springs, 15 July 1986

Quote Originally Posted by Khavna View Post
    yes i highely agree, the police still have the parents as a suspect. mind you the family has a website dedicated to his memory and are still looking for him. the police themselves stated that only a person who was very familiar with the layout of the room would be able to successfully take the child (because their was so much junk in the room)
    having said this though i myself have accidentily left the front door keys in the door all night, and ususally i always check to make sure it is properly locked and the keys are not in the door (i've done this 4 times!) so i guess it is easy to forget exspecially when your busy.

the police know that there was no forced entry into the house at all, how would the abductor know that the door was unlocked??? to get inside the house and take christopher without anybody "knowing" makes me think that the parents know more than they let on
    A lot about that bothered me as well at first. I grew up in Aurora, Colorado which is at least 75 miles north of Colorado Springs and we ALWAYS locked our doors at night. Granted, we were a family of all females (unless my older brother came to visit) and were especially cautious. However, I have talked to so many people over the years who never did (and still don't for that matter!) lock their doors or windows. People can feel too safe amongst their neighbors in my opinion.

Colorado Springs does have a lot of that "small town" feel to it too. I can see where the family might not feel they were in harm's way at all.

From what they've posted, Emma Bradshaw does look like a good suspect for it, but it seems like the police would have looked at her more closely had they any evidence?

What I find strange is that the family thinks she may have taken Christopher as revenge for the father having ended relations with her - yet they then state at other times they believe he was taken by someone who wanted a child and is being loved and cared for without knowing he was kidnapped?

With this woman's menacing background for stalking and harassment, if she did take Christopher, I don't get the feeling it would be out of love unless perhaps she then sold him? I am probably not making a lot of sense, as so many aspects of this case don't.

Boy I do see a trend with the Colorado Police departments having tunnel vision in child abduction cases though. Don't even get me started on the lost evidence.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Daisy1975 For This Useful Post:

$100,000 reward being offered

The CSPD has just listed Christopher's case as MOST WANTED for Information, http://www.springsgov.com/Page.aspx?NavID=3716. A $100,000 reward is being offered for information leading to Christopher's whereabouts or the arrest of Christopher's kidnapper. The Abeyta's suspect is EB of Castlerock, CO. EB was having an affair with Christopher's Father. The night Christopher disappeared was the first night that Christopher's father had spent the night back at the family home after a seperation from Christopher's Mom. EB's name had been given to Detectives the day after Christopher's disappearance, and unfortunately they did not investigate her. They were very inexperienced and formed a myopic view and felt it had to be a family member.

A few years previously to Christopher's kidnapping, EB had been arrested for stalking and harrasment of another mans family when he tried to break things off with her. She entered their home as well with no signs of forced entry and wrote threatening letters. For uploaded police records go to christopher abeyta's facebook page. EB broke into yet another mans home and on the police report the police officer wrote in capital letters, "HE HAS BEEN TRYING TO GET RID OF HER". EB clearly had an MO. She certainly had a motive. Another disturbing fact about EB is that when she was pregnant with her only son, she was brought into the hospital for a stab wound in her abdomen. She said the knife accidentally fell off the counter and into her pregnant belly injuring her unborn child. Her son was born and has a scar from it. EB has received mental healthcare. Christopher's kidnapper was obviously not mentally well. EB had been to the Abeyta home before his kidnapping. EB had been calling the Abeyta home and hanging up. She had also been calling the victims Granparents and hanging up. There are obviously other facts and pieces of information that can not be disclosed on this site due to the on-going investigation.

Christopher's Parents have never given up, even after 24 years. They have never moved from Colorado Springs and have always tried to get their sons story in the media. Not only was their son kidnapped, but they lived under the suspicion of having been involved, and they also lived with the fact that Christopher never received the investigation he deserved because of inexperienced investigators.

Finally after all of these years, there appears to be cold case detectives who realize this investigation was flawed. Nothing we can do about the past, but we finally can do something now. Christopher's family, and more importanly Christopher deserves answers for the peace so desperately needed. Justice will be served.
    Last edited by Salem; 10-29-2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: changed name to initials

Denalves...I know EB is mentioned on Christopher's website www.findchristopher.com but do you have a link for the info you talk about in your second paragraph? TIA!
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Evidence

The public records of the Abeyta's suspect are uploaded on Christopher's Facebook page. They include court documents and police reports of the suspect stalking, harrassment, and breaking in to other mens homes, http://www.facebook.com/findchristopher
    It was the first night Christopher's father spent the night back at the family home after a brief seperation from Christopher's mother. This suspect called Christophers father several times the night of Christophers kidnapping trying to reach him up until midnight. Coincidence?

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to denalves For This Useful Post:

Link to the documents on the Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/findchristop...=1126460776322
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

How sad. What a beautiful little boy. I think that EB seems a likely suspect. How anyone can hurt a helpless little child or baby is beyond comprehension.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Danaya For This Useful Post:

Suspect in Christophers Kidnapping has refused to take polygraph

EB, prime suspect in Christophers kidnapping has been asked by the Colorado Springs Police Department to take a polygraph and she has refused. She is not cooperating. www.findchristopher.com

13. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to denalves For This Useful Post:

The 25th anniversary date of Christopher's kidnapping is next week. http://www.coloradoconnection.com/ne...aspx?id=637590

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to denalves For This Useful Post:

Latest news on Christopher Abeyta Case. Suspect being investigated.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to denalves For This Useful Post:

Door unlocked

Our door was often unlocked at night. We lived in an upper middle class neighborhood in 1986. Christophers siblings were teenagers and woud come and go. Go to this link to see the layout of the home: http://www.youtube.com/user/findchristopher
    The room was absolutely not cluttered. There was a waterbed, nightstand, crib, and dresser. The morning of Christopher's disappearance my Mom woke up and went to the crib to see it was empty. She tossed over a laundry basket and was running all over the house stumbling down the stairs. She was in her nightgown and once we called the Police she went into her bedroom to put on clothes. She was so frantic she couldn't even dress herself. When she pulled open her dresser drawer to put undergarments on the drawer fell on the floor. The dresser was near the window, not in the pathway of the door to the crib. When the Police got there they took photos of this and assumed this was on the floor the night before. They NEVER asked any of us about this. I laid Christopher in his crib with my Mom that night. I was the first person to see my Parents that morning and hear my Mother's voice as she screamed out, "Christopher, he's not here!" And she had pure panic in her eyes. Yet, the Detectives only interviewed me a short time in his car the morning of my brothers disappearance?

Parents told LE Christopher was an "unplanned" pregnancy. They had 6 other children, the youngest being 15 at the time, so it was quite a shock when Christopher's mother found out she was pregnant. Once she got over the initial shock of being pregnant in her 40's, she was excited about having the baby. Christopher's parents were very forthcoming and honest with LE. Christopher was loved by his whole family and given so much attention since he was the baby of the family.

20. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to denalves For This Useful Post:

Oh, denalves - so sorry for your family's loss . . . thanks for sharing & praying for peace!
    ~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

22. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to krimekat For This Useful Post:

Wow, I hadn't heard of this case before. My son was born 2 days before Christopher, I just couldn't imagine. Hope he is found, it's never too late.

24. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to mrye4709 For This Useful Post:

Good to see you here denalves. Hopefully the link on the other subforum will lead other's to come read Christopher's thread.

I'll say a prayer for him tonight.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Denalves,

Are there any updates on the woman that the family suspects is involved? I think the last I read was that she was asked to take a lie detector test but refused.

I'm so sorry about what Christopher's family has gone through. It's been so long.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pdxmama For This Useful Post:

Unhappy

Denalves, this story breaks my heart. If there is anything we can do to help, say it.

Big hugs go out to this family.
    "Funny when you're dead how people start listenin' " The Band Perry (If I Die Young). Watch out for and listen to OUR children before its too late.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Juno For This Useful Post:

Thank you to the member who posted about this on another thread.

Denalves, I'm so sorry for all your family has to go through since your brother was taken away. Hoping you get the answers & peace that you all deserve.

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to w1df10wr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmama View Post
    Denalves,

Are there any updates on the woman that the family suspects is involved? I think the last I read was that she was asked to take a lie detector test but refused.

I'm so sorry about what Christopher's family has gone through. It's been so long.
    The suspect, EB was contacted by local media to get her side of the story and she never returned their calls. She has only been interviewed at her home twice! She lives in Castle Rock Colorado with her adult son and his teenage daughter. She is single and was only married once in the late 60's and divorced after a couple of years. Her ex-husband was interviewed by my Mom and he said he felt she was "capable" of kidnapping Christopher. He told my Mom that when she was pregnant with their son she claimed that a knife accidentally slipped off the counter into her pregnant stomach injuring her unborn child. He said he saw her with scissors one day cutting up family photos into little pieces and putting them in the trash. Her ex-husband passed away a couple of years ago. He was a good source of information. When my Mom tracked him down and interviewed him she gave this information to LE but they still didn't take investigative steps toward our suspect.

34. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to denalves For This Useful Post:

Where ever this woman lived during Christoper being taken, I would search that area very well. I wonder if she placed Baby Christopher some place that was special to Christopher's father and her when they were having an affair.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:

Where is Christopher's father now? (Your dad, I guess?) I am sorry if I missed that info (just popping over from the Lisa Irwin case to see if I can help)

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andalso For This Useful Post:

I keep thinking how terribly frustating this is for your family. Your mom had to sleuth her own son's kidnapping and then have LE completely ignore her.

You mentioned in Lisa's thread that LE has renewed interest. Can you tell us what they are doing?

Thank you

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lera213 View Post
    Where ever this woman lived during Christoper being taken, I would search that area very well. I wonder if she placed Baby Christopher some place that was special to Christopher's father and her when they were having an affair.
    This woman lived in Pueblo, CO about 40 minutes from the home we lived in at the time in Colorado Springs. She worked in Colorado Springs as well. My Mom spoke with her neighbors who knew her and have lived in their since before the 80's. They never saw a baby at her home, but did provide some info about her. I went to the home she lived in last year and spoke with the current owners who bought home after she moved out. That is a very good idea, something we haven't thought of -- any special place they may have frequented.

42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to denalves For This Useful Post:

Denalves,

You may not know this but did the police ever investigate whether or not she had an alibi for the time Christopher went missing? Other than asking her to take a LD have the police done much in the way of investigating this woman at all, that you know of?

I can't imagine the frustration of have your baby go missing and feeling like the police weren't doing everything in their power to find the person. Praying for Christopher...

44. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pdxmama For This Useful Post:

46. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to denalves For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmama View Post
    Denalves,

You may not know this but did the police ever investigate whether or not she had an alibi for the time Christopher went missing? Other than asking her to take a LD have the police done much in the way of investigating this woman at all, that you know of?

I can't imagine the frustration of have your baby go missing and feeling like the police weren't doing everything in their power to find the person. Praying for Christopher...
    My brother was taken between 12:30 and 6 a.m. We went to bed at 12:30 and woke up at 6 a.m. EB attempted to contact my father that night up until midnight. My Dad had been staying in Pueblo 40 miles away with my brother. My brother took the calls. Emma also lived in Pueblo, so if the calls were made from her home it would have taken her approximately 40 min to get to our house. My Dads car was parked in front of the house. The current detectives working the case have acknowledged the investigation was flawed. Alibi? EB is considered a suspect, if she had an alibi LE would have checked her off.

48. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to denalves For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast