Woman Attacked Dog Breeder With Dead Chihuahua

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
news link
ST. PETERS, Missouri — A woman angry that her new puppy had died pushed her way into a dog breeder's home and repeatedly hit her on the head with the dead Chihuahua, authorities said.

The 33-year-old woman told police she had taken the puppy to a veterinarian, who said it was only 4 weeks old and needed to be returned to its mother. But before she could return the puppy, it died.

Early Wednesday, the woman went to the breeder's home, pushed her way inside and began fighting with the breeder as she tried to make her way to the basement to get another puppy, police said.

The breeder wrestled the woman out of her house to the front porch, where the woman then hit the breeder over the head numerous times with the dead puppy, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported, citing police.

As she drove away, the woman waved the dead puppy out of the car's sunroof and yelled threats at the breeder, police said. She later called the breeder and threatened her and her family, according to court records.

WOW! She is crazy! She is one sick pup herself!

That is really disgusting!! That women is not fit to have pets or children.
If your vet said OMG this puppy needs to be with its mother?? WHy not go directly there and return the puppy? Then report the breeder?
As for the breeder?
Isn't there a law about the age at which puppies can be sold? I know there is in Florida. The puppies have to be 12 weeks old, kittens too.

I must be evil. I laughed hysterically at this.

I rescue animals as a hobby, and I love animals 100% more than people - however, the person who sold a puppy they knew was too young to survive got hit upside the head with the body of the death they caused. To me, that's justice.

GlitchWizard said:
I must be evil. I laughed hysterically at this.

I rescue animals as a hobby, and I love animals 100% more than people - however, the person who sold a puppy they knew was too young to survive got hit upside the head with the body of the death they caused. To me, that's justice.
Ummm, how about some respect for the body of the dead puppy???:razz:

Amraann said:
That is really disgusting!! That women is not fit to have pets or children.
If your vet said OMG this puppy needs to be with its mother?? WHy not go directly there and return the puppy? Then report the breeder?
As for the breeder?
Isn't there a law about the age at which puppies can be sold? I know there is in Florida. The puppies have to be 12 weeks old, kittens too.
Hey Amraann:) ,
A very good post indeed.This woman is uncivilized when it comes to dealing with issues.She threatened the breeder and the breeders family.She could have taken the breeder to civil court and also reported her to the American Kennel Club,American Dog Breeders Association,The Humane Society to name a few.
She is supposed to know right from wrong.She better be ordered to take anger management classes.

LinasK said:
Ummm, how about some respect for the body of the dead puppy???:razz:
Hi LinasK :) ,
Good post.I volunteered for years at my local Humane Society (too much over-time at work and I had to stop until it slows down) and I will tell you that in no way shape or form would anyone condone using a deceased animal to assault someone.Thank-you very much for the post.

I didn't mean to offend, and it's not something I could ever do to hit someone with the body of a puppy. I rescue animals and have dealt with many dead bodies. We have a pet cemetary and always treat the dead with respect.

I was thinking of the woman who knowingly sold a puppy that was too young, and the trauma it would cause her to be hit with the body of the dog she sentenced to death. That is the only thing I was finding as justice.

The person who did it, everything else they did - of course it wasn't right and of course it's awful. I was focusing on just the effect it would have on the woman that I think was cruel to sell the dog, knowing it was too young. I think there is a special place in hell for people like that.

I did not mean to offend anyone and I am sorry if I did.

The puppy was way to young to have been sold.
The woman who bought it should have known enough to have understood what she was getting so I do have to wonder. If she knew that pup was to young, why did she think getting another puppy would do any better, they would have been to young also! The only good thing I see coming out of this is that the breeder will be better known in the area as running a puppy mill and hopefully her business will in time get shut down. Anyone who is selling 4 week old pups sees dollar signs only and has no heart to be dealing with animals who need care.
The woman who bought the pup needs help also, it makes me wonder how she would react when a pup, even one who is older, has an accident on the rug? It does not sound like she was mentally equiped to bring a puppy into her home.
I have rescued some animals and there are so many sad stories out there it can break your heart, I wish puppy mills would be outlawed and all the animal shelters were empty because there are not enough cats & dogs to go around for everyone who can give them a GOOD home.
Some people think nothing of getting a pet, abusing/neglecting it until it's dead or abandoned, then getting another one to do the same thing to. Don't serial killers get their start by cruelty to animals?
Have I mentioned yet that I really hate puppy mills!!

The woman should have headed straight to the authorities to report her for animal cruelty and also taken her to court, she should have been worried about other puppies sold to early, instead it sounds like she wanted to again take a puppy away from it's mother to early. I say lock them up together!

Old Broad

If you lock them up together, my daughter says, you'll get a catfight over a puppy.

I hate puppy mills too. Anyone who has ever stepped foot in an animal shelter, should think about what is causing the need for such a place. :-(

Just a thought but it is entirely possible that the purchaser planned to get a puppy from a different mother/litter to replace the dead puppy. Many backyard breeders breed different breeds of dog and most of them breed more than one female at a time. Another great "perk" of their business.
eek.gif

The article says that they are considering felony burglary charges. Why?

Oh! I might know the answer to this one!

My pen pal is on Death Row for murder. One of the factors that made it a death penalty case instead of a life sentence case was that the murder occurred during the course of a burglary.

No one stole anything - so I questioned why they would use the term burglary. I always thought burglary meant you stole something.

Not the case. Apparently, if you "enter and remain in" a place with the intent to commit a crime, it's burglary.

The crime my pen pal was going to commit was to beat up someone, not steal something, but that didn't matter.

So, if this lady went INSIDE the other lady's business and had the direct intent to remain there and do something illegal, like assault the woman - it would be burglary charges, in addition to assault charges.

Yay! I got to use my new information! :)

We need to stop buying puppies and dogs from breeders. Any other animal for that matter. There are too many of them out there that need rescuing and they make wonderful pets. Both my dogs and both rabbits are rescues.

All mine are rescues as well. I have never been able to pick what type horse, dog, anything that I had - neglectful people have always picked for me.

Yep. I tell people all the time, rescue, rescue, rescue. Then I get the 'Well, I want a specific breed'. I tell them not a problem. My first rescue was a pure breed English Springer Spaniel. I didn't care that she had papers, but she did. I just knew I wanted that breed and I found her on a rescue site. My new baby is an English Springer Spaniel/Border Collie Mix and she is a sweetie. I think it's pure vanity that so many people still go to a breeder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back