Identified! CO - Boulder Co., WhtFem, 30-50, in canyon, Jun'06 - Angela Wilds

Michelle Read

Reaction score
ok websleuthers, we have deceased women with no identification, no age, no ethnicity,etc. found this week in CO. Only identifying piece is a ring, photo at link. Somewhere, someone has to know who this person is! It is always such a shame when noone cares enough to report you missing and then you end up dead, with noone able to identify you. :mad: Anyone have any thoughts on who this might be?

snip~ Sheriff's investigators on Thursday released photographs of a ring found on the decomposed body of an unidentified woman, hoping that someone recognizes the ring and will be able to identify her.

The woman's body was discovered Sunday afternoon by hikers in the South St. Vrain Canyon, on the south side of the South St. Vrain Creek, approximately 3.5 miles southwest of Lyons. The body was so badly decomposed that detectives have had a hard time ascertaining her age, ethnicity, weight, height, hair color, eye color, and other identifying characteristics.

The size-eight silver ring was worn on the woman's left middle finger, officials said. It has a cross approximately 1/2-inch and 1/4-inch wide and there is also jeweler's mark -- 925©(M) -- on the inside of the band. The ring was worn and not in particularly good condition, officials said. A jeweler's appraisal indicated the ring was an older and inexpensive piece of jewelry.

more at link:
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/9344183/detail.html

I hope they find out who it is. The 925 on the inside means that it is sterling silver.

I emailed a couple of jewlers...as packerdog stated, the 925 just means sterling silver...thought maybe it was who made it :(

Dear Christine, 925 means it is sterling silver. There would be almost no
way of figuring out more about the ring. One could perhaps find a
manufacturer, but it could have been distributed almost anywhere and sold
almost anywhere since this is a very average type of ring. I am afraid I can
be of no more help. Good luck with your efforts.

Kind Regards, Lisa

Christine,
"925" means it is sterling silver.
The rest is a trademark stamp placed by the manufacturer.

Randy

So, I guess that didn't help!

I wonder if they have any clothing found by the remains. At least that would be something to identify male/female/child.

Who do we have missing from CO? It's likely a woman b/c a man probably wouldn't wear a thin, feminine-looking ring like that.

englishleigh said:
Who do we have missing from CO? It's likely a woman b/c a man probably wouldn't wear a thin, feminine-looking ring like that.

English, it is definately a woman, see my first post above and article linked. I live in CO and don't know of any missing women off the top of my head, only missing lately is Aarone Thompson and it definately sounds as though this body is older then a child.

I have previously sold jewelry in retail and knew that 925 stamp just meant sterling, which means it could have been sold anywhere, even in a store like Target or Walmart and more then likely it was mass produced.

It seems so many go missing daily, that we are only reminded of names that are fresh in our minds, wherein this could be a body from years ago. Prayers her identity is found and she can rest in peace.

A forensic anthropologist has provided Boulder County Sheriff deputies with initial information about the age and race of the woman whose unidentified remains were found southwest of Lyons on June 4, according to a media release from the sheriff's office.

"An examination by a forensic pathologist at the request of the Boulder County Coroner's Office, indicates that the body is that of a woman, probably Caucasian or Hispanic/ Latina, approximately 5-feet to 5-feet-4-inches tall, weighing an estimated 105-120 pounds, with short to mid-length brown hair," states the release.

"It should be stressed, however, that a laboratory analysis of the hair has not been completed and it's possible that it may have been dyed or bleached by exposure to chemicals or the elements. The woman is estimated to have been between 30 and 50 years of age, though likely over 40 years of age."

Hikers discovered the body on Sunday afternoon on the south side of the South St. Vrain Creek, approximately 3.5 miles southwest of Lyons. The advanced state of decomposition has complicated authorities' efforts to identify the individual, who carried no identification.

http://denver.yourhub.com/Story.aspx?contentid=95180

After a week of investigating, Boulder County Sheriff's investigators have made some headway in collecting clues regarding what is believed to be the homicide of an unidentified woman. As of last Friday, according to Cmdr Phil West of the Boulder County Sheriff's Department, the Sheriff's office has received about a dozen calls relating to tips about the identity of the body.

The body is believed to have been dead and decomposing for a period of anywhere from several weeks to six or eight months - a broad estimate as a result of the way the body was found, according to West.

West said there are no particularly promising leads at this point, but more calls like those could make the difference in identifying the victim in the future.

A silver ring found on the finger of the body is one clue law enforcement officials are using to trace the victim.

Following appraisal by a jeweler, West believes the ring was handcrafted rather than manufactured.

“Hopefully with the list of missing persons, the publicity the event has been given and the photos of the ring that are out there, it's going to prompt people to give us a call and we can work with the other facts that are known to make an identification,” said West.

He said he believes the identity of the body will most likely come down to a DNA comparison against the victim and a family member.

West is attempting to narrow down the list of missing women in Colorado to get a match. That list totals 350 since last November.

“I've looked through the list and based upon some very broad parameters I was able to knock it down a good bit,” said West. “But until we get some more precise estimates from the coroner's office about age and ethnicity of the victim, I don't want to exclude too many people.”

The Coroner's Office is conducting more extensive tests on the body to aid investigators.

http://www.coloradodaily.com/articles/2006/06/11/news/c_u_and_boulder/news1.txt

The Boulder County Sheriff's Office has exhausted all leads associated with the discovery of a dead woman in Lyons.

The badly decomposed body was found by hikers June 4 near South St. Vrain Creek. Investigators released photographs of a ring the woman was wearing in hopes of identifying her. The ring, which was found on the middle finger, is silver, size 8, and has a cross attached to the band. Sheriff Lt. Phil West said detectives have done a second inquiry of missing persons reports through the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and discovered no possible matches.

http://www.dailycamera.com/bdc/county_news/article/0,1713,BDC_2423_4868070,00.html

registered site

The badly decomposed body of a woman found near Lyons, Colo., last summer was identified as a 38-year-old transient, officials said Tuesday.

The Boulder County Sheriff's Office is treating the death of Angela Josephine Wilds as a homicide, based on "unusual circumstances surrounding the discovery of the body," the sheriff's office said in a statement.

Wilds' remains were discovered by hikers southwest of Lyons on June 4, 2006.

The remains were finally identified through DNA obtained from out-of-state family members.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/11063821/detail.html

Thanks RLe, I bet that ring will be listed on a missings person report, and sure hope so as this is terrible. Can you believe there are 350 women missing in Colorado in the last 3 months? That is unbelievable!

scandi said:
Thanks RLe, I bet that ring will be listed on a missings person report, and sure hope so as this is terrible. Can you believe there are 350 women missing in Colorado in the last 3 months? That is unbelievable!

Good grief...350 women missing just in Colorado in such a short time span. What in the world is going on there? That is unbelievable.

scandi said:
Hi Scandi. I think they meant 350 women total were missing as of November 2005 in Colorado. It would be hard to imagine 350 women vanishing into thin air in an 8 month time period. That would certainly make national headlines!

The woman's body was discovered by hikers in the South St. Vrain Canyon, on the south side of the South St. Vrain Creek, approximately 3.5 miles southwest of Lyons. The body was so badly decomposed that detectives have had a hard time ascertaining her age, ethnicity, weight, height, hair color, eye color, and other identifying characteristics.

61753_131950830185604_100001120622920_166757_4750959_n.jpg

59217_131951023518918_100001120622920_166758_7700086_n.jpg

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/9344183/detail.html

That ring looks like RLM to me...as in Robert Lee Morris.

ETA: I have several pieces of his that are crosses and they are very very similar.

ARGH-I dont have a camera, so I cannot show you the hallmark on my stuff, but all of his stuff is signed:
Appropriately signed (hallmarked) RLM & stamped 925

There is a much later version of his cross ring now that is a neo cross. It is much more square in design. His earlier jewelry was more liquid and organic then some of his stuff now....but he casts and carves his jewelry so his rings tend to be one solid form.

If it is not his, it is a good knock off....

ETA; I think the c means it was made in China which is where he produces his RLM Studio line. Sgonna make me crazy, lol

Something about me and back to back posts today...I tell ya.

If it is not his, it might be a knock off and his company might be able to shed some light on that. If you believe there is any possibilities in my one track theory, lol

OK, I sent this email to the editors of Modern Silver.com. The website has a forum for mystery hallmarks, and the jewelers/experts who are members tease out the information much like we try to do here. I will post any responses I receive.

To Whom It May Concern;

I am a volunteer for a group that assists families of the missing, and advocates on behalf of Unidentified Decedents. A case was recently brought to me regarding a Jane Doe who was found in 2006, Colorado, wearing a distinctive ring.

Please find copies attached depicting the ring.

If you and your readers can shed any light on the hallmarks on the ring I would so truly grateful. This woman deserves to be returned to the family who undoubtedly loves her and misses her.

Sincerely,
Believe09

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni