Oklahoma OKs death penalty for some sex crimes

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
OKLAHOMA CITY Certain sex offenders in Oklahoma could find themselves on death row.

The governor is signing a law expanding the death penalty. It now can cover anyone twice convicted of rape, sodomy or lewd molestation involving children under 14.
news link

I understand the critic's response that it may cause sex offenders to kill a child to avoid the penalty but if seems to me that sex offenders escalate anyway. Couey, Duncan, Inman, Rodriguez are just a few.

concernedperson said:
I understand the critic's response that it may cause sex offenders to kill a child to avoid the penalty but if seems to me that sex offenders escalate anyway. Couey, Duncan, Inman, Rodriguez are just a few.
Hi Concernedperson,
You are right on this post.
I can tell you that as long as I have been in my job I can tell you that we have a revolving door of offenders.Many of whom are sex offenders that I have seen in and out of jail during my career.

Jeana (DP) said:
Its about damn time.
I second that! Its about time the penalty is made far harsher than it is now.. too many times these guys just get a slap on the wrist and are sent back to do more harm than their last crime...

Finally someone is recognizing that there is something worse than just killing someone!

I write to a convicted serial killer, as well as several other pen pals. I recall him once telling me that the people on Death Row with him were convicted of doing "THE WORST THING POSSIBLE" and I had to disagree with him in my return letter. He said that "The worst thing possible" was murder.

I disagreed with him because the worst thing possible is sex crimes against children. If I had to choose which was worse, shooting someone in the head or physically torturing and molesting a child -

I'm just thinking it's about time someone woke up to the fact there are things more evil than murder.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefdartz
Back