1145 users online (289 members and 856 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Pit Bulls Attack Children in California School Building

SAN FERNANDO, California A pair of pit bulls chased students into a restroom at a middle school Friday morning and mauled an 11-year-old girl, police said.

[b]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,198950,00.html]news link

I was suprised the 18 yr old was taken into custody and has a $25,000 bond. Seem most of these monster dog owners are not arrested or get bond that soon.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by dark_shadows
    SAN FERNANDO, California A pair of pit bulls chased students into a restroom at a middle school Friday morning and mauled an 11-year-old girl, police said.

news link

Sorry to say the link doesn't work......
    Why is it 95% of the dogs you hear that attack, are
    pit bulls...
    Had many conversations with people that swear up and
    down that pit bulls are as safe of a breed then any other.

This just upsets me. I have neighbors (I live in a rural community) that breed these dogs for fighting. One came after me last week. Trust me, I had 9-11 on the phone POST HASTE! They didn't do anything though. This is the same neighbor who I suspect poisoned my chocolate lab.

I can't even put my little long-haired chihuahua (sp) out on the chain or my mini-weinie dog out because guess what? These dogs come after them. And my little guys are like my children, I would die if something happened to them. After my chocolate lab died, I just about did myself in because I felt so bad.

Why is it that people have to raise these dogs for fighting? That is so cruel. It just makes me mad as you can tell. I have known some nice pits, ones that have been raised with love, but I wouldn't trust them for a NY second around one of my dogs or one of my fur childs.

WTF were these dogs doing in a school?????
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

I would call animal control tez and file as complaint EVERY time you see the dogs off the property.

I would also inform your neighbor that if their dogs are loose or on your property again your going to shoot them.

You have the right to defend yourself, your family and pets.

I agree with Amraann.

I know two people with pits. Both got them when they were pups. One friend had one that her three younger (under the age of 6) played with. And played rough. They pulled its tail, rolled around on it, etc. and it never even growled. I was shocked. Another friend has one and it's OK although if you mess with it, it'll snap at you.

My cocker will snap at people, too, though.

I think it just depends on the dog as far as whether they're mean. I've read that any dog, any breed, might bite. So I'm always careful and keep a close eye on my guys when a stranger is around.

Wink

We don't have animal control, yeah, I live in the backwoods. LOL The water guy brings the sheriff everytime he has to read the meter, but the guy who owns the dogs won't answer the door when the sheriff knocks. The sheriff told me if that dog was threatening me or my children in any manner I could shoot it. Heck, the dang thing would be dead 75 times over already! I asked the nice deputy, "What if he threatens one of the fur children?" He said unless the dog actually attacked one of my fur babies, I couldn't do anything. Well, my fur kids me a lot to me!

We had family down tonight and my SIL read that guy the riot act. He told her to "f" off, she had choice words for him too. He told me the next time I complained about his dog, I would be sorry. Well, that went over really good with the husband. He told him that if anything happened around our place, guess where we were going to direct LE? So, we had to hear the whole spiel about how the dog won't bite, he's as gentle as a lamb, blah, blah, blah. My husband told him, "Well, your dog tried to bite my daughter and it was by the grace of god her sister pulled her away." The guy says, "The dog was playing." My husband said, "I'll be playing when your dog threatens my wife or kids again and I go get my gun." It was on then.....OMG, we were accused of being racist cause the guy is black. My husband told him that had nothing to do with it, it was his dang dog. He told my husband if anything happened to his dog, his buddies would take care of things. I called the sheriff and guess who wouldn't answer his door. Well, I signed a complaint, and the sheriff did agree the dog is viscious, and he's going to try to get an order to take the dog. Hey, take the dog and his owner! The deputy was black and knows us really well, and when I said the guy accused us of being racist he laughed. He told me, you probably are one of the most non-racist people I know. That made me feel good. I said thank you and he said he'd be back in the morning, hopefully with a court order. So, hopefully it will end, but now this guy is out for blood, so I guess the sheriff will be seeing lots of me, cause I don't have the time to put up with it. LOL

Thanks everyone!
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

I have a pit mixed with rottweiller and she is the most gentle thing on this earth. I've always had rottweillers that were just pure sweeties and always known pitts that were pure sweeties as well. I've always (until recently) believed that if you get a pup when it's young and you don't train it to be mean, it will always be sweet.

Then my neighbor got a pitt puppy. PUPPY. What is there for a puppy to know of mean, right? Well, this puppy tore after my outdoor cats so intensely that it got up in the RAFTERS of a small shed of mine. Rafters! It fell, but still, that takes determination. The next day, it tore open a cage that was built with 2X4's and tough, tough fencing and killed my pet skunks. I couldn't have torn the cage open with a hammer claw and all my strength - yet this little puppy had enough spit and vinegar in him to do all that damage, kill my little pets and not even eat them.

I have thought for 38 years that pitts were just another dog and due to the strength of their bites and the way they don't let go, that their bites were bad enough that people reported it more than the bites of other dogs so they just got a bad rap.

I no longer know what to think.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

I have a friend with 7 chihuahuas. She just adopted a part rottie/husky mix and says that the chihuahuas rule the roost !!!! I get to pet sit in August and see this for myself. Can't wait !!!