1047 users online (194 members and 853 guests)  

Websleuths News

AZ - Jimmie Ferrara, 65, murdered in his Yuma home, 30 Sept 1985

I couldn't find anything on this case, if there is another thread please delete this one.

Jimmy Ferrara shared screen time with such Hollywood luminaries as Humphrey Bogart, Roy Rogers and “Wild” Bill Elliott, and counted Jane Russell and Rita Hayworth among his friends. In fact, Hayworth once snuck a bottle of bourbon into his jail cell after he got thrown in the brig for hitting an officer.

Lou Costello, of the famous comedy duo Abbott and Costello, even paid for Jimmy's wedding when he married his first wife Kathleen, a dancer in the Ziegfeld Follies.

"He was just one of the sweetest men in the whole wide world," Toni said.

Only four years apart in age, she was very close to her brother.

She remembers visiting him on his Nevada Ranch — the TWT which stood for Tomorrow Will Tell — where he raised quarter horses.

One of the horses had just had a foal and she watched the young horse prance around.

"I named it Misconduct," Toni said. "He used to always tell me I walked like a quarter horse. I never knew if that was an insult or a compliment."

Jimmy was always very personable, too.

More at link.

Old Broad
    this is just my opinion, it may be wrong, user beware!

Penn's woods

Second person charged in '85 murder

June 05, 2006 12:00 AM

Rick Kosterow, 47, of Richfield, Wash., was charged with two counts of first-degree murder and one count of conspiracy to commit first-degree murder in the shooting death of 65-year-old Jimmie Ferrara
    Two other suspects in the case are also in custody, one of whom was Ferrara's wife, Delma Lee Ferrara-Troy. The other is 41-year-old Donald White.
    July 21, 2007 11:15 PM

According to Yuma County Attorney Jon Smith, the trial for Rick Kosterow, Donald White and Delma Lee Ferrara-Troy is now scheduled for Oct. 10 in Yuma County Superior Court.
    January 14, 2008 9:42 PM

the sentencings of Rick Kosterow, Donald White and Delma Lee Ferrara-Troy will be the first case ever televised on the new Yuma County Government Channel

Didn't see what their sentences were.

From Feb 2008:

Rick Kosterow, after a nine-day trial last month, was sentenced to three terms of statutory life in prison...

White pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in a plea agreement, also in October. Under the terms of his plea agreement, White could be sentenced to a prison term ranging from 10 years to 20 years, with the presumptive sentence being 15 years.
    Delma didn't make it out of prison:

Inmate Delma Troy, 62 ADC#226501 was pronounced dead on February 23, 2015.

Troy was sentenced to 12.5 years years in prison out of Yuma County for attempted murder.