929 users online (123 members and 806 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,157

    MI - Olisa Williams, 17 mos, Ann Arbor, 8 July 1982

    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/369dfmi.html

    Olisa Williams
    Missing since February 8, 1983 from Ann Arbor, Michigan.
    Classification: Non-Family Abduction




    Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: August 10, 1981
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 1 year old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 2'0; 35 pounds
    <LI>Distinguishing Characteristics: Black female. Brown hair; brown eyes.

    Circumstances of Disappearance
    Williams was abducted by an unknown individual as her father slept on a park bench in Ann Arbor, Michigan on February 8, 1983

    Last edited by Cubby; 03-03-2011 at 07:21 AM. Reason: updated doe network link /

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    77
    I wish there were more details available in this case. Why the heck was the father sleeping on a park bench? Hard to say what happened to her without knowing more. My first thought is that the father should be investigated as a suspect. This case reminds me of Jahi Turner, who was allegedly kidnapped from a park and is still listed as missing. Police discovered that no one saw him in the park that day-- in fact, no one saw him at all for two days prior to his disappearance-- and it's a definite probability that his stepfather harmed him and created the whole kidnapping scenario.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by SadieJane
    I wish there were more details available in this case. Why the heck was the father sleeping on a park bench? Hard to say what happened to her without knowing more. My first thought is that the father should be investigated as a suspect. This case reminds me of Jahi Turner, who was allegedly kidnapped from a park and is still listed as missing. Police discovered that no one saw him in the park that day-- in fact, no one saw him at all for two days prior to his disappearance-- and it's a definite probability that his stepfather harmed him and created the whole kidnapping scenario.
    I totally agree with you!! Too many questions left unanswered!
    Linette

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    977
    I have heard some rather ugly rumors about this case. And I frankly don't see how the dad could have accidentally fallen asleep on a park bench. I mean, Ann Arbor in the winter is COLD. To fall asleep in that kind of cold is to freeze to death. Why bring a baby out in that weather at all?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    77
    Good point, Meggily. I never even considered how cold it would be. Do you have any information about what time of day this happened or what park it was? Do you know the father's name? If he did harm his daughter, he probably has a history of other violent offenses.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    977
    http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...84/1048/SPORTS

    Ann Arbor police seek location of girl missing for 25 years

    February 8, 2008
    By BOWDEYA TWEH
    FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER
    Twenty-five years ago today, Olisa Williams is believed to have been abducted by a stranger while her father slept on a park bench in Ann Arbor.
    And now, the search is back on to find her...



    It's nice to see she finally got some press attention, but this article does not contain any new information.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    402
    Updated Doenetwork link:
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/369dfmi.html
    Charley Project:
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ams_olisa.html

    It must be freezing in Feb in Michigan. I wonder if they fingerprinted the benches or playground equipment (if there was any) after she was reported missing?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    977
    http://blog.mlive.com/annarbornews/2...ill_alive.html

    This month marks the 25th anniversary since Olisa was reported missing. Nance recently sent out a press release urging anyone who has information on the case to come forward, but even he admits it's "unsolvable" by local authorities.

    Many experts say there's a chance Olisa is still alive.
    But what happened to the Ann Arbor baby in 1982 remains a mystery. The police report - now buried in the basement of the Ann Arbor city hall - paints a far different picture than the numerous blogs and Web sites that feature her case...


    This reminds me of the Peter Kema case.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,306
    oh wow. I never heard of this case. I cannot imagine any parent falling asleep in a public park with a small one year old child.
    But then again, here on websleuths, we have heard it all.

    I think this man killed his child.

    If I am wrong, which I hope I am, I pray this little girl was raised by someone who desperatly wanted a child. I hope she was raised with love and respect.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,195
    Quote Originally Posted by meggilyweggily View Post
    http://blog.mlive.com/annarbornews/2...ill_alive.html

    This month marks the 25th anniversary since Olisa was reported missing. Nance recently sent out a press release urging anyone who has information on the case to come forward, but even he admits it's "unsolvable" by local authorities.

    Many experts say there's a chance Olisa is still alive.
    But what happened to the Ann Arbor baby in 1982 remains a mystery. The police report - now buried in the basement of the Ann Arbor city hall - paints a far different picture than the numerous blogs and Web sites that feature her case...


    This reminds me of the Peter Kema case.
    snipped from link:

    According to the police report, Denise Williams told her attorney, Molly Reno, that Isiah Williams entered her residence in Cincinnati in May 1982, knocked her down and took their baby. The report then inexplicably notes that both Isiah and Denise Williams moved to Ann Arbor.

    In court, Isiah told a judge the last time he saw Olisa was in June 1982. He admitted he had been smoking marijuana and drinking alcohol while driving around with Olisa. Isiah said he parked his car at Island Park and fell asleep. He said he woke and discovered the car door open and Olisa gone.

    Isiah said in court that he didn't report the abduction to police because he thought his wife or one of her relatives had taken the child.

    Reno told police Isiah had called his wife on numerous occasions with different versions of what happened. Among the stories: He lost the baby, killed the baby, she died at the hospital, and "the child was across the water."

    Retired Ann Arbor Police Detective Mary Smith, who was involved in the case, said officers searched the Huron River looking for Olisa.

    ...snipped...

    Isiah was brought before a judge for violating a restraining order and said he would only reveal what happened to Olisa if the case against him was dismissed. The judge refused and threatened to put Isiah in jail if he didn't cooperate. That's when Isiah told the story of falling asleep and waking with Olisa nowhere in sight.

    ...snipped...

    Nance said Denise Williams called his agency in March 1985, making it one of the first cases for the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children. The center didn't officially start until a year later.

    Denise Williams' last contact with the agency was in 1992, when a case worker called her to ask if there were any updates. Denise stopped responding to letters after that, and Nance said he hasn't been able to locate either parent since.


  11. #11
    New age-progression for Olisa. To age 29.

    Also...they have changed the date of her disappearance to July 8, 1982.



    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Illinois/St. Louis
    Posts
    2,367
    for Olisa, missing 31 years today. If she is still alive, next month will be her 32nd birthday.

    Authorities believe Olisa was not abducted. They theorize she was either killed by her father or given to others to raise. If she is alive she may not know she is a missing child. Investigators have lost track of both of Olisa's parents. Her case remains unsolved.


    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ams_olisa.html
    Here a , there a , everywhere a

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    663
    There is no way anyone would sleep on a park bench in Feb in MI........unlikely that you'd bring a baby to the park in that weather either. Does not ring true. I don't believe there was an abduction.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fairfield, Nelson Co, Ky USA
    Posts
    1,077
    Quote Originally Posted by airplanelamp View Post
    There is no way anyone would sleep on a park bench in Feb in MI........unlikely that you'd bring a baby to the park in that weather either. Does not ring true. I don't believe there was an abduction.
    Charley has been updated. Now it appears that she went missing in "June 1982" (rather than 2/8/1983).
    It also says that he was sleeping in his car and he woke up with her gone and the car door open.

    So the park bench part would make more sense (though now it's sleeping in the car)
    ...but it looks just as suspicious on the dad's part. Actually moreso considering that the date is now more ambiguous.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    21,540
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodBound View Post
    Updated Doenetwork link:
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/369dfmi.html
    Charley Project:
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ams_olisa.html

    It must be freezing in Feb in Michigan. I wonder if they fingerprinted the benches or playground equipment (if there was any) after she was reported missing?
    It's bitterly cold up there during Feb. I spent an entire winter up there, when Hubby worked @ Ford Motor Co. We never seen the ground for four months. I cried until he brought me back to Kentucky. Not throwing off on Mich. I'm just a mountain gal, and parts of Ky are flat.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

    WebSleuths Lingo thread.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

    We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.


    THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. ME ME - Philip 'Phil' Williams, 15, Poland, 27 Dec 1982
    By OkieGranny in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-17-2017, 06:09 PM
  2. TX TX - Michelle Garvey, 14, Houston, 1 July 1982
    By bflocket in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-05-2016, 10:46 PM
  3. WA WA - Amina Agisheff, 36, Seattle, 7 July 1982
    By Pettibon Junction in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 04:50 PM
  4. MI Olisa Williams (17 months) - Ann Arbor MI, 1982
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 08:06 PM

Tags for this Thread