CA CA - Alfred Grimes 14, & Sammy Jackson 14, Monterey, 14 Dec 1968

anthrobones

Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/576dmca.html

and

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/894dmca.html

Alfred James Grimes
Missing since December 14, 1968 from Monterey, Monterey County, California.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: April 9, 1954
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 110 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; brown eyes.
  • Dentals: Not available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Grimes was last seen fishing with his friend, Sammy Jackson, on December 14, 1968, in Monterey, California.

Sammy Lloyd Jackson
Missing since December 14, 1968 from Monterey, Monterey County, California.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: July 8, 1955
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'8"; 75 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; brown eyes.
  • Dentals: Not available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Jackson was last seen fishing with Alfred Grimes on December 14, 1968 in Monterey, California.

These two boys disappeared only six days before one of Zodiac's first well documented murders. On 20 December 1968, he shot a young couple in Vallejo. CA. Could there be a connection?

Here is a possible match for Alfred Grimes. Presuming he didn't drown of course, he could have been a runaway.

They appear to have the same shaped nose and features. The hair appears abit darker but that might just be the tone of the reconstruction.

Here is the link. http://doenetwork.org/cases/865umca.html

The Doe Network:
Case File 865UMCA

Reconstruction of Victim by NCMEC

Unidentified White Male

•The victim was discovered on November 5, 1972 in Hacienda Heights, Los Angeles County, California

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

•Estimated age: 18-25 years old
•Approximate Height and Weight: 6'0" (183 cm); 175 lbs (79 kg)
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown, shoulder-length hair; blue eyes. A 3 inch surgical scar on his right knee, and a 4-1/2 inch scar on his spine, near the tail bone. A pair of yellow metal framed eyeglasses was found near the scene and may also have belonged to the decedent.
•Clothing: He was wearing a blue denim Levi jean jacket with a zipper-down front, a pink t-shirt; blue bell bottom, Oshkosh brand jeans, with “PEACE” embroidered on the bottom left leg, and “LOVE” embroidered on the bottom right leg, blue flowered boxer shorts and brown leather boots. He was also wearing a small yellow metal earring containing a Peace symbol, and a white metal chain with black Rosary beads around his neck.
•DNA: Available

Clothing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case History
On November 5, 1972, a resident discovered the body of a young man lying in a ravine in the 2900 block of Athel Drive of Hacienda Heights at 09:53 a.m.

A neighbor heard gunshots and screams nearly eight hours earlier. The body was reported lying about 20 feet down the roadway. There was also blood on the street.
The man died of multiple gunshot wounds. Pronounced dead at scene.

Or this one. He looks a little dark to me to be Alfred but the face shape and eyes are the same. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1567ummd.html

Unidentified White Male

•The victim was discovered on December 6, 1973 in Upper Marlboro, Prince George's County, Maryland

Vital Statistics

•Estimated age: 15-20 years old
•Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0"; 105 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair; brown eyes. Faint mustache.
•Clothing: Blue/gray cotton jacket collar bears initials "ELT"; green sweatshirt; white undershorts; gray and white corduroy trousers; brown belt. Crudely written on left leg of trousers "Shalom" and multi other crude writings on trousers.

Case History
The victim was located in a wooded area on Old Crain Highway near Pennsylvania Avenue in Upper Marlboro, Maryland on December 6, 1973.

He may have been hospitalized in recent days.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Maryland State Police/MD Center for Missing
410-290-1620, extension 380
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
93611/A73-2136

Source Information:
NamUs

Here is a possible match for Alfred Grimes. Presuming he didn't drown of course, he could have been a runaway.

They appear to have the same shaped nose and features. The hair appears abit darker but that might just be the tone of the reconstruction.

Here is the link. http://doenetwork.org/cases/865umca.html

This one doesn't appear to fit, IMO. Alfred is 5'4", the UID is 6'0". Alfred is 110 lbs, the UID is 175 lbs. Alfred has brown eyes, the UID has blue eyes.

Or this one. He looks a little dark to me to be Alfred but the face shape and eyes are the same. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1567ummd.html

This one is a lot closer, but the height is still off a little. Possible though.

Thanks Shewhomustnotbenamed for the feedback:) I submitted the first one, giving allowances for growth and muscle gain as he grew older but perhaps your right, the differences might be a little to extreme.

Do you know if there were any newspaper articles on the case?
Any theories about what might have happened to them?

They might have both drowned but surely the river was dredged to search for bodies? Also did they have any reason that you know of to be runaways?
Would love more information on this case but there dosn't seem to be much online.

Well I have contacted Montery Library and the California Department of Justice, just in case there is other information out there, just not online yet. The more information had the better:)

I was able to get two articles about the boys disappearence from the Monery library. It is important to get these details out there. It is so sad, the parents of Grimes are still actively looking for their boy in 1968. It's also sad that Jacksons father seems to have given up on him.

Attachments

• 0066_001.pdf
    335 KB · Views: 117
  • 0067_001.pdf
    241.5 KB · Views: 73
rcoope thank you very much for the articles. Good info there.

Hello,

I just wanted to reply to your message regarding circumstances around the disappearance. I am his niece. My grandparents are since deceased and I try to get as much information as I can because I am determined to get answers in my lifetime. There was no reason to believe they would have run away and they never have shown up years later. My mom has told me that he knew how to swim and our family never would believe that he drowned. My family received calls from an unknown person for years following the disappearance taunting my grandparents. I would love to read any articles that you all were able to obtain. I welcome any help with this that I can possibly get!!! Thank you!

I just wanted to thank you for getting those articles. I am his niece and I have never seen these articles before. Thank you!!!

Andreai775, can you give us more information on the taunting ? Did the police take it seriously or did they put it down to the local nut job. I'm not trying to connect it in any way to the Zodiac but IIRC there were calls in one particular case there where it's thought the Zodiac did phone the victim's family.

These two boys disappeared only six days before one of Zodiac's first well documented murders. On 20 December 1968, he shot a young couple in Vallejo. CA. Could there be a connection?

He was in San Francisco in 1969. Charles Ray Hatcher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia There's another case he's a suspect in murder at the morticians convention.The killer carved a piece of soap and scrawled a message on the mirror and obliterated the rest of the message leaving the word 'This'.I always wonderd if the rest of the message said "This is the Zodiac Speaking". http://www.iowaunsolvedmurders.com/...on-murders-of-rose-burkert-and-roger-atkison/ This case could also be connected http://iowacoldcases.org/case-summaries/anna-miller/

A picture of fishermans warf. Where the boys went to fish.

166A1786B4C79FF74E1BDF38DE9E68D7.jpg

Does anyone know if there are strong currents at this wharf? Could one of them fallen in and then the other went to help and they both drowned? Cant remember but what time did they go fishing in the morning? Seems strange.

Does anyone know if there are strong currents at this wharf? Could one of them fallen in and then the other went to help and they both drowned? Cant remember but what time did they go fishing in the morning? Seems strange.

A sherrifs deputy saw the boys at a bus stop in Marina at 4:30 am and spoke with Alfred.

The bus driver remembers letting them off near fishermans warf.

They must of been abducted there bodies would of washed ashore.

A sherrifs deputy saw the boys at a bus stop in Marina at 4:30 am and spoke with Alfred.

The bus driver remembers letting them off near fishermans warf.

4.30am wow seems awfully early for kids to be out but it was a different did they regularly go at this time every weekend etc? Because then some one might have known their habits

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back