NV NV - Everlyse Cabrera, 2, North Las Vegas, 10 June 2006

Shadow205

Reaction score
NORTH LAS VEGAS, Nev. Police called off a ground search today for a 2-year-old girl missing from her foster home in North Las Vegas.

Everlyse Cabrera was reported missing by her foster parents on Saturday. She has dark hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a pink T-shirt, pink shorts and no shoes.

Police say the girl used a stool to climb up and unlock a dead bolt on the front door before wandering off some time between one a-m and eight a-m Saturday.

more at the link http://www.krnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5019644&nav=menu113_1_1

I have not seen anything on the news about this little girl. I just found this article this morning. I am looking for more links, let's pray that this little angel has been found.

Anyone else notice a trend in infant children letting themselves out of locked houses?

bykerladi said:
Anyone else notice a trend in infant children letting themselves out of locked houses?
That was my first thought too! Didn't this just happen in Tennessee not too long ago? The little girl from there is still missing right?>

5014661_BG1.jpg

<SNIP>

The girl's natural parents live in El Monte, California and are in Las Vegas for the search. On Sunday, they sent out an emotional plea for the safe return of their daughter. "We don't care who you are. We don't need to know anything except that she's somewhere and that hopefully she's okay," said Marlene Olivas, Everlyse's mother.

Everlyse and her 11-month-old brother were removed from the biological parent's home and put with the foster family two months ago.

Police did talk to every registered sex offender in the area about this case, but say there are no leads.

Police say there is no evidence of an abduction.

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5014661

:confused: I can't seem to find her listed at NCMEC:confused:

This child is Everlyse, and the little one in TN is named Analyce. Both are Hispanic, age 2, and supposedly let themselves out of a locked house in the middle of the night.

Just too weird. Prayers for both of these little girls.

Why did they call off the ground search? Now they are leaving the search to be handled by individuals who live around there? Is LE trying to say that they think the foster parents are involved? They don't think that someone just took her yet they stopped searching.

Every parent of a 2 yr old and up who reads about the two little girls and the bolt locks should go and buy another bolt lock that can be placed high up on the door. I don't know if this little girl had ever unlocked the door before but if she has and the parents didn't take any measures to make sure that she couldn't get out again then shame on them.

It's odd...both of those little girls unloced the bolt lock in the middle of the night and off they went to go play in the dark????????????????????????? That is just hard for me to believe.

I hope both of the babies are found safe and sound....soon.

Bobbisangel said:
Why did they call off the ground search? Now they are leaving the search to be handled by individuals who live around there? Is LE trying to say that they think the foster parents are involved? They don't think that someone just took her yet they stopped searching.

Every parent of a 2 yr old and up who reads about the two little girls and the bolt locks should go and buy another bolt lock that can be placed high up on the door. I don't know if this little girl had ever unlocked the door before but if she has and the parents didn't take any measures to make sure that she couldn't get out again then shame on them.

It's odd...both of those little girls unloced the bolt lock in the middle of the night and off they went to go play in the dark????????????????????????? That is just hard for me to believe.

I hope both of the babies are found safe and sound....soon.
Totally agree its odd that these very young children managed to unlock the dead bolt and disappear into the night. Why didn't the parents use another lock higher up to deter or those alarms you can place on doors/windows that sounds the minute the connection is broken between the door and frame (or window and sill).. They are inexpensive and would be effective as either a deterrant to the kids or at least alert the parents that the door is open. My daughter hates loud noises and would have run the other way or been crying loudly at the mere sound..

Why is there no further news on why the ground search was cancelled? I am confused as to why they would cancel a search when its such a young child...? I just don't get it.

We just replaced our dead bolt locks with dead bolt locks that require a key to lock and unlock , from inside and out. My daughter can easily open the other kind. Better safe than sorry, and I am over paranoid anyway due to the way our world has become...

Prayers for both these little girls and their families :)

North Las Vegas Police are asking anyone who has seen 2-1/2-year-old Everlyse Cabrera anytime after May 15th, to call them. They want to know when was the last time someone saw the child alive and well.
The search for the toddler goes on today.

<snip>

Also joining forces with North Las Vegas Police is the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Their A-Team is arriving today and will also focus their resources on finding Everlyse.

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5014661

Contrary to previous reports, it does not sound to me like the search has ended. It also sounds like something could have happened to little Everlyse weeks ago.

Wow...May 15 was almost a whole month ago. This doesn't sound good at all. It reminds me of poor little Aarone Thompson. Everlyse, I hope you and Analyce return home safely.

For some reason I didn't think that she had been missing that long. This is just bizarre. I wonder if the dad lived in the home. Or if mom had a boyfriend.

It does sound like LE has a little doubt as to when she came up missing or about the parents story. This little one missing for a month doesn't sound good at all. Someone picked her up or she never left home by herself in the first place.

KLASTV.com snip 6-14-06The 2-year-old was reported missing on Saturday from her foster parent's home in North Las Vegas. The foster family, which consists of two parents, a 34-year-old son and a 14-year-old son are no longer cooperating with police.

Police now want to know if anyone saw Everlyse Cabrera alive and well after May 15th, which was the last time her natural parents saw her.

This is 5 little ones no one has seen for extended period of time before reported missing
Everlyse Cabrera Reachelle Smith KENDRICK JACKSON Aaroné Thompson Analyce Guerra and a 9 yr old Colt Levi Clark

mom3dd said:
KLASTV.com snip 6-14-06The 2-year-old was reported missing on Saturday from her foster parent's home in North Las Vegas. The foster family, which consists of two parents, a 34-year-old son and a 14-year-old son are no longer cooperating with police.

Police now want to know if anyone saw Everlyse Cabrera alive and well after May 15th, which was the last time her natural parents saw her.

This is 5 little ones no one has seen for extended period of time before reported missing
Everlyse Cabrera Reachelle Smith KENDRICK JACKSON Aaroné Thompson Analyce Guerra and a 9 yr old Colt Levi Clark

Sorry this doesn't sound like the natural parents but more the foster parents. Why does a 34 yr. old live at home? Is he mentally disabled or unemployable?Not cooperarting with the police....hmm.....sounds like they have something to hide.Sorry to jump with accusatory fingers so soon but her parents saw her May 15th and nothing since!!! Were they on a once a month visitation? Lots of questions but certainly suspicions at this point.

The system needs to be thoroughly reviewed before placement of foster children. It isn't normal to have an adult male living at home at that age.His problems could become a child's problems. JMO.

concernedperson said:
Sorry this doesn't sound like the natural parents but more the foster parents. Why does a 34 yr. old live at home? Is he mentally disabled or unemployable?Not cooperarting with the police....hmm.....sounds like they have something to hide.Sorry to jump with accusatory fingers so soon but her parents saw her May 15th and nothing since!!! Were they on a once a month visitation? Lots of questions but certainly suspicions at this point.

The system needs to be thoroughly reviewed before placement of foster children. It isn't normal to have an adult male living at home at that age.His problems could become a child's problems. JMO.

That was the first question that popped into my mind too. Why is that 34 yr old still living at home? That bothers me and now the whole family won't cooperate with LE. That isn't good at all. If people have nothing to hide they would run naked down main street if it would help LE find their baby. Parents, Foster parents, etc must understand that they are the ones who are closest to the child and they are the ones who are going to be looked at first. If they are honest innocent people they will do everything that they can to clear themselves so that LE can look at other people. Every time people stop cooperating with LE they end up the perps. I hope those foster parents aren't covering for a son that may be disturbed.

This stuff just goes on and on. It is just hard to believe that there is so much evil in the world. New stats say that murder, kidnapping, etc, has gotten worse. We didn't need those stats to know that. Just read this forum. It's just awful.

It's not just the 34 year old male living in the home that gives me a hinkey feeling but also a 14 year old boy. Either one IMO would have to be looked at very closely along with the foster parents. The people who had the closest access to this little child have to be ruled out first and it sounds like they're not cooporating for that to be done. It was probably getting close to another visit from the natural parents and so this toddler was reported missing, it's my guess that in time it will be found out that something tragic happened to her weeks before then, it just took a while for them to cover up what it was.
Of course I would love to hear that this sweet little girl is found safe but reality tells me that's not the world we live in.

Old Broad

http://www.klastv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5032536&nav=168Y

I am having to agree with people. Even though I hate pointing fingers I agree that an innocent person would run naked down mainstreet to assist LE in locating their own or their foster children...or their neighbor's children or anybody they cared about

I really feel for her biological parents, their own children may have been placed in foster care but they may have been taking the steps to point their lives in the right direction to bring their children home. It sounds like the biological parents and especially the mother have really thrown themselves into this search and they deserve answers.

Prayers for this little one and all other missing children and adults. i hate it when I have these gut feelings like others have mentione.. that something horrible has happened.

Bobbisangel said:
......Someone picked her up or she never left home by herself in the first place.

YOU GOT IT! I'm inclined to think the same way. It's been too long, and too fishy, to believe she just got out and wandered off, never to be seen again.

God bless these poor little children
14izwpy.gif

14iztav.gif

Old Broad said:
It's not just the 34 year old male living in the home that gives me a hinkey feeling but also a 14 year old boy. Either one IMO would have to be looked at very closely along with the foster parents. The people who had the closest access to this little child have to be ruled out first and it sounds like they're not cooporating for that to be done. It was probably getting close to another visit from the natural parents and so this toddler was reported missing, it's my guess that in time it will be found out that something tragic happened to her weeks before then, it just took a while for them to cover up what it was.
Of course I would love to hear that this sweet little girl is found safe but reality tells me that's not the world we live in.

Old Broad
I am inclined to agree.. it sounds awfully suspicious that there is no one who has seen this child recently... I am highly suspicious that something happened well before the report of her disappearance. So sad that so many little ones are placed in such jeopardy by folks that are supposed to have their best welfare in mind.. I hope that she is located and is safe but my gut is that its not likely given the uncooperative nature of the foster family and the lack of sightings and info..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back