Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NV - Everlyse Cabrera, 2, North Las Vegas, 10 June 2006

No news updates

I couldn't very much new info on Everlyse Cabrera

It looks like they are offering a 15,000.00 reward at this point for any information. More at news link.
    http://www.klastv.com/Global/story.a...6&nav=168XDWn7

They are also distributing posters in Spanish which should help get the information out to more people.
    http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5057449

I've raised six children. I've never once had any of them move a chair to the door to unlock a deadbolt. I wonder if this child of 2 1/2 would even know to turn (or would be able to), the knob of a deadbolt.

The non-cooperation of the foster-family points a big read arrow at them.

I won't be at all surprised if eventually, one of this foster-family is taken in for questioning and one of them is arrested.

This is too sad. These poor kids are placed with this family to keep them safe, and........................they disappear without a trace.

JMHO,
    fran

Both of my children can and have unlocked the deadbolt from indoors so we installed a hotel style slide lock-similar to a chain lock but instead of a chain there is a slide bar that goes over a peg. Since we installed that our kids have tried dragging their bathroom stools to the door to unlock that lock-but just them getting the stool is loud enough to alert us.

(edited to add that my kids have been doing this since around age 2)

I still am highly suspicious of the foster parents here just because most of the times when the news reports say somebody is being uncooperative it has turned out that person was involved

I know if it were me I would cooperate even if it meant being questioned every single day for the rest of my life-yeah, that might get annoying but if it helped find a missing child I'd do it with little grumbling as would most folks.

Foster Father speaks out

The foster family is seeking a harrassment case against their neighbor and also trying to put a stop to the candlelight vigil that has been held in front of their house. Information at the link below:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/st...062710063.html

They want to stop the vigil?

Gee, anyone else think the foster parent's behavior a tad suspicious?

Quote Originally Posted by bykerladi
    They want to stop the vigil?

Gee, anyone else think the foster parent's behavior a tad suspicious?

They remind me of Ricky Holland's foster/adoptive parents. Took long enough but they were finally arrested for his murder. There is never a good enough reason for people not to cooperate with LE when a child is missing. This is just a baby for pity sake. I think that they know something that LE is probably beginning to suspect. It is just a darn shame that these people were ever given a foster license. Someone in that house knows where that baby is.

What kind of people are these that want to stop the vigil for that baby girl?
    Do they want everyone to just go away and forget about her. Probably what they are hoping. I wonder when this baby was actually last seen in person?

There haven't been any new news reports regarding Everlyse, just bumping for her.

What happened to the 2 yr old girl.......

What happened to the 2 year old foster child who was supposed to have climbed on a chair, unlocked the door and disappeared. There was a teen boy and an way older guy living in the home with their parents. The parents stopped talking to LE.
    I've looked back to like April and can't find her. I'm sure it wasn't that long ago though.

just a bump

No new news, just bumping in case anybody has heard anything about little Everlyse Cabrera.

I bumped the thread for you-her name is Everlyse Cabrera. No new news that I have heard.

About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    reviewjournal.com -- News - NLV foster father in case of missing girl seeks protection

... The foster mother told police she discovered the dark-haired, brown-eyed girl was missing about 8 a.m. They contacted police four hours later. (Four hours after you notice a 2 year-old is missing????? )

The Carrascal's live with their two children, Melvin Balane, 34, who owns the Diamond Point Drive home, and a 14-year-old boy.

Anyone with information about can contact 1-800 THE-LOST (843-5678) or Crime Stoppers at 385-5555. Urgent tips can be made to the main police line at 633-9111 or to 911.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

reviewjournal.com -- News - EDITORIAL: Grabbing more kids

Marlena Olivas was already missing one child. The young mother says two of her children were taken away from her by county authorities in January because they did not believe she had adequate housing...

Marlena Olivas is still being kept apart from her 1-year-old. In fact, she says, she first came into contact with county child welfare officials when that son was born. Both she and the child tested positive for marijuana at the time...

Both parents ... were ordered to take a drug treatment class.

Ms. Olivas admits she didn't complete the classes. But she says she wasn't warned that as a result, county officials would do what they did on July 6.

Marlena Olivas gave birth to a new baby at University Medical Center on July 5. ...The infant ... was drug free. "I'm clean and sober," the mother says. "The baby is clean. They (the hospital staff) let me know that me and the baby are totally healthy."

Yet when Marlena Olivas went to leave the hospital with her baby the next day, authorities took the newborn out of her arms...

Mahatma Gandhi

reviewjournal.com -- News - Neighbors hold evening vigil for 2-year-old girl missing since Saturday

... "It's not their first time having foster children, they have been licensed by for a while..."

The foster family went through the process before July 2005 when there were only six classes needed for a license, Swain said.
    The classes, of which there are now nine, teach parenting skills, nurturing techniques, how to work with biological parents and discipline skills.

The parents are the only ones required to take the classes, but a "comprehensive assessment is done of the entire family" and seven references are needed before a family can care for foster children...

Other adults living in the home that are not primary caregivers must also complete an FBI and Metropolitan Police Department background check and a child abuse index check...

One neighbor, Sheryl Magsino, said that the foster family has babysat her 4-year-old daughter. She said she never had any problems and thought of the family as responsible...

Mahatma Gandhi

I want to know why LE called off the search for this little girl almost right away. They didn't even have a chance to find her they stopped searching so fast. What is up with that?

It doesn't matter what foster parents have to do to get foster licenses. There are many people who have gotten foster care licenses that should never have had them. There are good foster parents and then some that turned out to be nightmares.

This baby didn't just walk out of the door at night and she is still walking down some street somewhere. Something has happened to her. I wonder if the teenager in the home doesn't belong to the son who owns the house? It sounds like the foster parents are living with their older son and maybe his son. That would be quite a difference in ages between sons.

So what the heck is LE doing now to find this little baby girl? They can't have just dropped the case when they stopped searching. They have to try and find her. Didn't these foster parents stop cooperating with LE? Weren't they going to sue the neighbors for having a vigil in front of their home? Something wrong with this picture.

Hi Bobbisangel.

I wanted to address a few things that you said in your post.

First, I remember reading in one of the links that this case will not be closed until they locate the little girl. Here's hoping that they stand by that resolve.

Secondly, from all of the articles that have mentioned anything about it, both males in the home are sons of the foster couple. The elder son owns the house and the parents and their younger son live there. I personally find it odd that this couple was granted a foster care license while living in their son's home. Was that the original situation, I wonder? Would that son/owner have had to have signed something? I don't know - it just seems like a somewhat unstable situation for the actual foster parents to take on children when they don't even have their own home. I guess that the sad reality is that there aren't enough homes for the kids so sometimes they probably have to take what they can get as long as they pass criminal checks. Not that there's anything wrong with a family living with their child, just that I would think that a foster care situation would require the foster parents to prove stability and financial strength.

Finally, the foster parents said that they had cooperated with LE but that they had nothing else to add. Who knows? Maybe they were berated and decided that they would no longer talk to LE because they already told them everything. I'm sure that interrogation can be immensely frustrating for the one being interrogated. I must say, though, that articles have stated that the family stopped cooperating with LE after the first day. That seems kind of early, even if they were frustrated, IMO.

Mahatma Gandhi

I think that it is strange that the foster parents live with their son too. I too wonder if they had their own home when they started foster parenting but they would have to let CPS or whoever know that they had moved. I don't know. Maybe CPS lets certain things slide because they are desperate for foster parents.

It shouldn't matter how tired a person gets of answering questions when a child is missing. Besides it really doesn't look good for the foster parents when they refuse to cooperate with LE. This might not be their little girl but they were responsible for her and it was their home that she disappeared from. Why aren't they out there in the media pleading for her safe return? Why didn't they join the neighbors in the vigil for that baby? I'm just having a hard time understanding their behavior. I would be devistated if I were in their shoes.

I can't imagine what has happened to that baby. I just can't imagine her unlocking the door and going on out in the dark by herself. What baby that age goes out in the dark to play? Something has happened to her for sure though. I still don't understand why LE stopped searching right away? That baby could be laying right around there and just hasn't been seen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel
    I can't imagine what has happened to that baby. I just can't imagine her unlocking the door and going on out in the dark by herself. What baby that age goes out in the dark to play?
    Actually, at that age, my children were not afraid of the dark. They were still unaware of the idea that there was anything scary or dangerous. All of my children would have gone out to play in the dark if given the chance to do so at that age. Whether or not they would have been able to successfully open the door is another question.

Mahatma Gandhi

I have so many things I want to respond to in this thread.

First, the lack of media coverage in this case (in the beginning) is due to a couple factors; the fact that "nobody" cares about "system kids" - this is the same theory as white kids vs black kids and kidnapping media coverage AND also, the counties (agencies) will do as much as they can to cover up anything that could be perceived as "bad," not to mention, they are OBLIGATED to maintain the confidentiality of the family - if you only knew the number of system kids who runaway each year that are not placed on NCMC or any other website!!! In this case, the family got involved with the media - the protective agencies have never and will never be able to divulge any information on the family.

As for the foster home; believe me, the protective agencies do as much as they can to investigate a home before it is used for placement. HOWEVER there are specific rules as to what and who you can and cant look into. For instance, you can run a criminal background check on the caretakers in the home, but you CAN NOT run a background check on anyone else living in the home who is not considered a caretaker. Not to mention that many, many, many bad people are out there who have never been caught! I am curious though as to why the child was placed out of state - that, as far as I know, is rarely ever done in California.

As for the child with the burn - wether or not the incident was substantiated, they would remove the child anyway because of any ill feelings the foster parents may hold against the reporting party or the child, and vice versa. This is procedure any time a serious allegation is made against a foster parent.

And lastly, as for the foster family's refusal to cooperate; while the whole thing sounds suspicious (and remanant of the Florida girl) it is also possible that the foster agency which the family contracts with has advised the family not to speak with anyone.
    Rest in peace little Marcus.

Where is Jaycee Lee Dugard?

If I was raising a little girl and I was the foster mother it wouldn't matter if the foster agency told me not to talk to LE or the media I would be talking to anyone that would listen. That little girl is a baby. I can't imagine why the agency wouldn't want them to cooperate. I think the parents just stopped cooperating because they didn't want to talk to LE. Maybe they felt accused but LE will always investigate the parents or foster parents first as they were with the child last and they are the caregivers. It shouldn't matter how you feel...the most important thing right now is the baby. You have to set your own feelings aside and focus on what is important...the missing baby. I would be devistated if it were me and crazy with worry. I would probably feel like it was my fault because she got out of the house.

It is unbelievable to me that these foster parents would be upset about the vigil. They should have been out there with the rest of the neighborhood. I would have been grateful for the neighbors having a vigil for pity sake.

This baby has been gone way to long for her to be someplace safe. I wonder what really happened to her? I can't help but feel like the foster parents or one of the sons are involved.

Any News?.....

I have just read this thread and feel heartbroken. Has anyone heard anything? Sounds like the foster family are hideing a murder to me.I just CANNOTunderstand why if a child is missing they will not co-operate with the Law.

If you have Nothing to hide then there is nothing to worry about.

This is very sad, such a dear little girl. Why are the WRONG people given the PRIVELIDGE of careing for society's babies?

Not a word about this little girl. I have a bad feeling that this is another foster family that did something to their foster child. I just don't believe that little baby trotted outside into the dark and someone found her out there.

I wonder why the older couple and their teenage son were living with the way older son? That is kind of a strange situation. I wonder if the husband was working?

I wish we would hear something. I hope LE is still investigating this case.

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5430636

Just updating. Police are recanvassing the neighborhood for clues in the disappearance of Everlyse Cabrera. Nothing new that I know of. From the few leads everything seems to have dried up from there. Not sure if they've re-interviewed the foster family at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmommy
    http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5430636

Just updating. Police are recanvassing the neighborhood for clues in the disappearance of Everlyse Cabrera. Nothing new that I know of. From the few leads everything seems to have dried up from there. Not sure if they've re-interviewed the foster family at this point.

Do they think that they will find clues in the neighborhood after all of this time? I wish they would find this little girl. If they haven't stayed hot of the trail of the foster parents maybe they should. I think this is another case of foster parenting gone wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel
    Do they think that they will find clues in the neighborhood after all of this time? I wish they would find this little girl. If they haven't stayed hot of the trail of the foster parents maybe they should. I think this is another case of foster parenting gone wrong.
    I am usually one to try and remain hopeful but in this case I am inclined to agree with you. I almost hate typing that, makes me feel like I am giving up. Wherever little Everlyse is I am sure the police want to find her but just have nothing to go on at this point and without any evidence against the foster parents or anyone else they've got a major uphill battle trying to locate this lost little one.

I am at least hopeful that she will be found, sure would be nice to see that happen very soon.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast