Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson
    Sorry this doesn't sound like the natural parents but more the foster parents. Why does a 34 yr. old live at home? Is he mentally disabled or unemployable?Not cooperarting with the police....hmm.....sounds like they have something to hide.Sorry to jump with accusatory fingers so soon but her parents saw her May 15th and nothing since!!! Were they on a once a month visitation? Lots of questions but certainly suspicions at this point.

The system needs to be thoroughly reviewed before placement of foster children. It isn't normal to have an adult male living at home at that age.His problems could become a child's problems. JMO.

That was the first question that popped into my mind too. Why is that 34 yr old still living at home? That bothers me and now the whole family won't cooperate with LE. That isn't good at all. If people have nothing to hide they would run naked down main street if it would help LE find their baby. Parents, Foster parents, etc must understand that they are the ones who are closest to the child and they are the ones who are going to be looked at first. If they are honest innocent people they will do everything that they can to clear themselves so that LE can look at other people. Every time people stop cooperating with LE they end up the perps. I hope those foster parents aren't covering for a son that may be disturbed.

This stuff just goes on and on. It is just hard to believe that there is so much evil in the world. New stats say that murder, kidnapping, etc, has gotten worse. We didn't need those stats to know that. Just read this forum. It's just awful.

It's not just the 34 year old male living in the home that gives me a hinkey feeling but also a 14 year old boy. Either one IMO would have to be looked at very closely along with the foster parents. The people who had the closest access to this little child have to be ruled out first and it sounds like they're not cooporating for that to be done. It was probably getting close to another visit from the natural parents and so this toddler was reported missing, it's my guess that in time it will be found out that something tragic happened to her weeks before then, it just took a while for them to cover up what it was.
    Of course I would love to hear that this sweet little girl is found safe but reality tells me that's not the world we live in.

Old Broad
    this is just my opinion, it may be wrong, user beware!

Gut feelings are a horrible thing

http://www.klastv.com/Global/story.a...32536&nav=168Y

I am having to agree with people. Even though I hate pointing fingers I agree that an innocent person would run naked down mainstreet to assist LE in locating their own or their foster children...or their neighbor's children or anybody they cared about

I really feel for her biological parents, their own children may have been placed in foster care but they may have been taking the steps to point their lives in the right direction to bring their children home. It sounds like the biological parents and especially the mother have really thrown themselves into this search and they deserve answers.

Prayers for this little one and all other missing children and adults. i hate it when I have these gut feelings like others have mentione.. that something horrible has happened.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gmommy For This Useful Post:

Unhappy Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel
    ......Someone picked her up or she never left home by herself in the first place.
    YOU GOT IT! I'm inclined to think the same way. It's been too long, and too fishy, to believe she just got out and wandered off, never to be seen again.

God bless these poor little children

Quote Originally Posted by Old Broad
    It's not just the 34 year old male living in the home that gives me a hinkey feeling but also a 14 year old boy. Either one IMO would have to be looked at very closely along with the foster parents. The people who had the closest access to this little child have to be ruled out first and it sounds like they're not cooporating for that to be done. It was probably getting close to another visit from the natural parents and so this toddler was reported missing, it's my guess that in time it will be found out that something tragic happened to her weeks before then, it just took a while for them to cover up what it was.
    Of course I would love to hear that this sweet little girl is found safe but reality tells me that's not the world we live in.

Old Broad
    I am inclined to agree.. it sounds awfully suspicious that there is no one who has seen this child recently... I am highly suspicious that something happened well before the report of her disappearance. So sad that so many little ones are placed in such jeopardy by folks that are supposed to have their best welfare in mind.. I hope that she is located and is safe but my gut is that its not likely given the uncooperative nature of the foster family and the lack of sightings and info..

Another article on this from the AP

MISSING GIRL

Clark County denies report on abuse in foster home

LAS VEGAS (AP) _ Clark County Family Services is denying news reports that they did not investigate a possible abuse complaint in the home of foster parents who recently reported two-year-old Everlyse Cabrera missing.

K-L-A-S-TV news reported Wednesday night that a foster child was injured while under the care of Vilma and Manuel Carrascal.

The report said the child allegedly suffered third-degree burns and -- although the injury was reported to the Clark County Child Abuse Hotline -- it was never investigated.

County spokeswoman Regina Oliveras says county workers DID investigate an incident in the Carrascal home.

The review found that the child suffered an injury, but it was -- quote -- "deemed unintentional."

Oliveras says the child was removed from the home but NOT because of the injury.

OIliveras says North Las Vegas Police have requested that Clark County not provide further information because of a -- quote -- "ongoing criminal investigation."

The Carrascal family reported Cabrera missing on Saturday.

But they are no longer cooperating with the investigation into the little girl's disappearance.

Police plan to offer a reward for information about the girl.

Old Broad
    this is just my opinion, it may be wrong, user beware!

LAS VEGAS (AP) _ Clark County Family Services is denying news reports that they did not investigate a possible abuse complaint in the home of foster parents who recently reported two-year-old Everlyse Cabrera missing.

K-L-A-S-TV news reported Wednesday night that a foster child was injured while under the care of Vilma and Manuel Carrascal.

The report said the child allegedly suffered third-degree burns and -- although the injury was reported to the Clark County Child Abuse Hotline -- it was never investigated.

County spokeswoman Regina Oliveras says county workers DID investigate an incident in the Carrascal home.

The review found that the child suffered an injury, but it was -- quote -- "deemed unintentional."

Oliveras says the child was removed from the home but NOT because of the injury.
    .................................................. .................................................. ...

Well why was that foster child removed from the home if it wasn't because of the burn....was there another injury? For a minute I thought this article was about the 2 year old that is missing......and it says the child was removed from the home.

I wonder what has happened to this baby. I thought about the 14 yr old too.
    Something isn't right when people won't cooperate with LE. It is really a sad thing when children are taken from the parents because it is felt that the children aren't safe with their family and then look what happens in foster homes! This case isn't a exception to the rule either. Lots of stuff goes on because DSHS isn't picky enough when they hand out licenses....because they are desperate for foster families. The amount that a foster family gets paid isn't even enough to feed and clothe a child...that is one reason people don't want to foster parent kids....they can't afford to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel

.................................................. .................................................. ...

Well why was that foster child removed from the home if it wasn't because of the burn....was there another injury? For a minute I thought this article was about the 2 year old that is missing......and it says the child was removed from the home.

I wonder what has happened to this baby. I thought about the 14 yr old too.
    Something isn't right when people won't cooperate with LE. It is really a sad thing when children are taken from the parents because it is felt that the children aren't safe with their family and then look what happens in foster homes! This case isn't a exception to the rule either. Lots of stuff goes on because DSHS isn't picky enough when they hand out licenses....because they are desperate for foster families. The amount that a foster family gets paid isn't even enough to feed and clothe a child...that is one reason people don't want to foster parent kids....they can't afford to.
    Like little Rilya, who hasn't been found to this day.I said a long time ago that state orphanages run by competent educated people should be established. Run with today's children in mind. Playgrounds, educational resources, recreational rooms, sports facilites, counseling frequently and hugs from every staff member and every pre-qualified volunteer is needed.The foster care program doesn't work, B, just like you said.

It cannot cost any more than the waste and fraud that is going on now and kids are disappearing and dying. If you invite the dysfunctional to take care of throwaway children or children in flux than they have no hope.

As an embarrassing aside I had a sister with Downs Syndrome.I have lived away for over 30 years. My parents were making at least $85,000 dollars a year and applied for supplementary income for her under social security and received it. This is deplorable. She is dead now and never had a life of any sort anyway.She watched tv and ate baloney sandwiches and never got out of the house. This is something I will never forget...I don't speak to them anymore.

Like little Rilya, who hasn't been found to this day.I said a long time ago that state orphanages run by competent educated people should be established. Run with today's children in mind. Playgrounds, educational resources, recreational rooms, sports facilites, counseling frequently and hugs from every staff member and every pre-qualified volunteer is needed.The foster care program doesn't work, B, just like you said.

It cannot cost any more than the waste and fraud that is going on now and kids are disappearing and dying. If you invite the dysfunctional to take care of throwaway children or children in flux than they have no hope.

As an embarrassing aside I had a sister with Downs Syndrome.I have lived away for over 30 years. My parents were making at least $85,000 dollars a year and applied for supplementary income for her under social security and received it. This is deplorable. She is dead now and never had a life of any sort anyway.She watched tv and ate baloney sandwiches and never got out of the house. This is something I will never forget...I don't speak to them anymore.

I have to agree about having orphanages again. They could be a good thing as long as there were a lot of staff to meet the needs of the kids. Maybe even have them in regular 4-5 bedroom homes with big yards. That way there could be 8-10 kids per home with staff 24 hours a day. That way they would be raised more like in a family setting instead of just a big building like what used to be.

I used to work in a Residential Treatment Center for troubled teens. It was in a regular 4 bedroom house and we housed 8 kids at a time from 12-17. It worked really well. Those poor kids had been shoved from one foster home to another one. They liked being with us because it was like having a real home.

Your parents must have gotten the money for your sister just because they could. You would think they would have felt funny about it with their income.
    I could see getting some help with medical if her medical bills ran real high though. You don't have anything to be embarrassed about Concerned.

I wouldn't worry about this. You are from a generation in which there were no programs in place to help educate any persons of any disability plus you may not have known the expenses your parents had or their reasons for applying for the disability money, I would imagine their initial medical expenses were pretty high for testing and such.

I had a friend with an older sibling who had been institutionalized for severe mental retardation among other problems and her parents were very well off and I know she said they applied for her SS disability but she knew they did it so that if/when they passed away it would be all set up and easier to roll over to her instead of having her sister stuck in government limboland. Perhaps this is your parents reasoning.

At any rate, I agree the system does not work but I don't know how group homes would be much better-the help would be low paid, the screening process would bog down the system and I'm sure the turnover rate for employees would be staggering.

My brother has held a very long term job in a group home for autistic adults and he is always telling me about the horrible turnover rate. He has also reported a couple of the employees as he has suspected they were a danger to the very people they had been hired to assist and one of the people reported had a felony assault that had gone unnoticed or unchecked before my bro reported the guy for his suspicions. He said he never saw anything happen but one of their residents had some suspicious bruising and acted nervously around Mr. Questionable.

I just hope this case at least forces the hand of the social services in that area and that they find this little girl asap.

No news updates

I couldn't very much new info on Everlyse Cabrera

It looks like they are offering a 15,000.00 reward at this point for any information. More at news link.
    http://www.klastv.com/Global/story.a...6&nav=168XDWn7

They are also distributing posters in Spanish which should help get the information out to more people.
    http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5057449

I've raised six children. I've never once had any of them move a chair to the door to unlock a deadbolt. I wonder if this child of 2 1/2 would even know to turn (or would be able to), the knob of a deadbolt.

The non-cooperation of the foster-family points a big read arrow at them.

I won't be at all surprised if eventually, one of this foster-family is taken in for questioning and one of them is arrested.

This is too sad. These poor kids are placed with this family to keep them safe, and........................they disappear without a trace.

JMHO,
    fran

Both of my children can and have unlocked the deadbolt from indoors so we installed a hotel style slide lock-similar to a chain lock but instead of a chain there is a slide bar that goes over a peg. Since we installed that our kids have tried dragging their bathroom stools to the door to unlock that lock-but just them getting the stool is loud enough to alert us.

(edited to add that my kids have been doing this since around age 2)

I still am highly suspicious of the foster parents here just because most of the times when the news reports say somebody is being uncooperative it has turned out that person was involved

I know if it were me I would cooperate even if it meant being questioned every single day for the rest of my life-yeah, that might get annoying but if it helped find a missing child I'd do it with little grumbling as would most folks.

Foster Father speaks out

The foster family is seeking a harrassment case against their neighbor and also trying to put a stop to the candlelight vigil that has been held in front of their house. Information at the link below:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/st...062710063.html

They want to stop the vigil?

Gee, anyone else think the foster parent's behavior a tad suspicious?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast