WV - Kelly Elliot, 29, Wheeling, 25 May 2006

drumstick

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone saw her as she left the bar. She has her car so I wonder if someone went with her and something happened. Her friend says that she would never just take off and leave her children. Not sounding very good. I hope that she shows up soon.

The police had a news conference today at which they disclosed that the boyfriend (who is married) is a "person of keen interest," and that Kelly's car (without plates) showed up abandoned at a salvage yard in the same town in which the boyfriend lives the day after Kelly disappeared but the car was no longer at the salvage yard five days later when the police returned. The sheriff indicated that a lot of things have occurred in the last couple of days and that he feels the case is "close to a solution," but would not elaborate further.

There are many unanswered questions in this case. This poor woman has two small children. I sincerely hope something breaks in this case soon so that her family will have the answers they need.

I have nothing to add other than I feel so badly for her, and her kids. This world sucks sometimes.

Stormy, thanks for that update, I had been waiting for a news release, which there hasn't been one for this.

Do they still want people to be on the look out for her car?

I feel so sorry for her family. Her kids ...

from the link above:

"In the meantime, officials say Talik is not cooperating with their investigation. Police said Talik refused a polygraph test and has hired a lawyer, so they have not spoken with him in the last couple of days."

So we've got a married boyfriend that won't take a polygraph and is not cooperating to find her!
A car that disappears then reappears and disappears again!

I wonder why the car turned up at that particular salvage yard.
A friend maybe?

According to the Sheriff who appeared on a local radio talk show after the press conference yesterday, the car evidently appeared at the salvage yard near the hometown of the boyfriend the day after Kelly disappeared. When the owner of the salvage yard arrived at work, he noticed the car, without tags, and notified the police. The police did a search of the car, found nothing suspicious, wrote down the VIN and filed a report. When WV police went to Sewickly, which I believe is near Pittsburgh, they went to a local salvage yard, spoke to the owner, showed him a picture of Kelly's car and were surprised to learn that it had been there, but disapeared mysteriously five days later. The WV police contacted the Sewickly police, got the police report, matched the VINs and were able to confirm that it indeed had been Kelly's car. Where it disappeared to and who took it from the salvage yard is anyone's guess, so yes, I guess we should all still be on the lookout for the car.

I cannot even imagine what that poor girl's family is going through. Hopefully someone will talk soon and the police will discover what really happened.

Thank you for posting that news article.
I have been following this story from the beginning.
It shocks me that Kelly Jo's car wasn't seized and checked for forensic evidence.
And now it's missing again ...... :doh:

The reason the car wasn't seized and searched for forensic evidence is because it appeared at the salvage yard (without tags) the day after Kelly disappeared but four days before she was reported missing. Therefore, there was no bulletin out about her or her car at the time it turned up at the salvage yard. Thank goodness though that the salvage yard owner called the police when the car appeared and they came out and looked the car over, saw nothing out of the ordinary, but did write down the VIN. Without that happening, we'd never know that the car ended up 30 minutes from the boyfriend's home the morning after Kelly was last seen. The car mysteriously disappeared from the salvage yard the day AFTER Kelly's parents reported her missing, not a coincidence, I think.

I wonder if the boyfriend was still living with his wife or if they were seperated? It seems pretty obvious that he had something to do with the disppearence of Kelly. Probably all that is left to do now is to find her body. I wonder what his excuse will be...Kelly was pregnant and wanted him to divorce his wife and marry her....he didn't want anymore kids.....Kelly was pressuring him to leave and divorce his wife, etc, etc. I'm sure he'll have a whopper of an excuse when they finally arrest him. Of course it will be Kelly's fault :furious:

From what I understand, at the time of Kelly's disappearance, Mr. Talik was not separated from his wife, and that his wife knew nothing of the affair.

I pray that something breaks soon and Kelly will be found.

For all to attend a candel light vigil for KELLY. The time will be about 9:00 pm , the place is the Dallas Pike chrome shop; in Dallas Pike West Virginia exit 11 off interstate 70.

It started out as an arguement, then Gene Talik went back into the bar and KELLY drove away. Then the news conference, his story didn't match, he clammed up and now is the prime suspect in KELLY'S disappearance. Which he should be. The big question on my mind is HOW DID KELLY'S CAR GET TO ALLIQUIPPA (it's about 60 miles away) ? ? ? ? ? There has been no local updates on KELLY since the news conference.

Tonight 07-25-06 is the 2 month anniversary of missing KELLY JO ELLOITT. I hope she will have a great turnout. She is loved & missed by a whole bunch of people in her area. For those who can't attend, we know your thoughts & prayers are with us. Thank you all out there.

The vigil for KELLY was a beautiful sight. This was held in her honor, to keep her memory alive.Those who know KELLY had nothing but great thoughts about her. Kelly has done a lot of good for other people, (especially having 2 wonderful boys). Her youngest turned 5 the other day, her oldest is 7. We need KELLY HOME regardless.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back