760 users online (181 members and 579 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IA - Glenwood - Female Remains, 26-32, June 2006 - Brianne Smith, 25

Death Cause Still Unclear
    Body Found
    Body found near Glenwood, IA

A body was discovered by a dog in rural Glenwood over the weekend. An autopsy was performed on Monday, but so far there are no clues on an age, race or gender.

Anthropologists would use standard scientific techniques to help identify the remains. This includes making note of any unique features and perhaps find out how the person died, but the next step may be forensic anthropology because the body had been in the elements for possibly a month or longer.

-snip-

http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/3024506.html

ANOTHER body in the Omaha metro area (well, glenwood isn't really omaha metro, but it is fairly close to CB which is....). Still, this many missing/murdered women (or people for that matter) around here is unreal.
    if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']) document.write('');if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']){ document.write(plpm['Mid-Story Ad']);} else { if(self['plurp'] && plurp['97']){} else {document.write(''); } }if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']) document.write('');

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    I noticed this in the article:

So far, the body doesn't match descriptions of any Mills County missing persons report.

"It's even possible they may have to call in an anthropologist," said Taylor. "This body appears to have been in that location at least for a couple of weeks and there's some decaying that's already started taking place."

Only then will authorities know who was killed and dumped in the ditch.

Neighbors thought the body was that of a female child based on the shoes they saw, but Sheriff Taylor says they aren't going to release any details until they know for certain the approximate age and gender of the person.

Information Released On Body
    Identity sought

Authorities in Iowa say that a body found in a Mills County ditch last weekend is that of a female but investigators are looking for help in identifying her.

The crosses pictured here were found with the body and authorities are hoping someone might recognized them.

-Snip-

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/3045721.html

Go to link and read the description. Woman, been there between 2 and 6 weeks.

Any ideas?

Oh man! I just can't iamgine being her mom and coming across these pictures online!! How sad!!! I am glad they have something to help identify this girl though!
    Linette

I was just looking on Missing persons web site and saw this women... says she has rose on ankle...I know the unidentified states rose is on calf, but I still wonder if it could be possible... http://www.nampn.doenetwork.us/cases..._michelle.html

Let Love Rule

thanks - I called the website in to the sheriffs dept

IA-More details emerge about body found near Glenwood

More details emerge about body found near Glenwood

Metro MAIN
    21-Day Archive

Published Monday
    July 3, 2006

More details emerge about body found near Glenwood

Southwest Iowa authorities have confirmed more details about the decomposed human remains found June 10 along a roadside ditch west of Glenwood, Iowa.

An anthropologist has determined the remains belonged to a white female, approximately 26 to 32 years old, who had been dead three to 10 weeks, possibly longer. The anthropologist also determined that the woman stood between 5 feet and 5 feet 4 inches tall.

Investigators also have found evidence of an old fracture around the woman's tailbone, which was healing.

That injury was not related to the woman's death, the Mills County Sheriff's Office said.

Anyone with information about the woman's identity should call the Mills County Sheriff's Office at (712) 527-4871.

Nobody has been reported missing in the area, have they? very strange.... they didn't say whether it was homicide or not....but if it wasn't, why hasn't anyone come forward to identify?? This isn't a very large community, but it is somewhat close to I-29, correct? A lot of people travel the interstate...maybe she isn't even from around here, just happened to be traveling through when something went wrong....lot's of possibilities, I guess.

H0NEYWEST is offline I have a .38 and an ocelot ~ they're both loaded
    I wish there was more of a description of the body. Could any of these be a match?

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpos...5&postcount=22

I didn't realize this was the body with the cross, etc. I think there is already a thread for that one.

Honeywest, it looks like she could match a few on your list with her height between 5 feet and 5 feet 5 inches, white female between 26 and 32.

I hope they get some more tips to work on. She may not even be from that state.

White female, brown hair; aged 26 to 32 (give or take); 5' to 5' 4" tall; tattoo of a red rose on her right calf; size 5 jeans, size 7 shoe; unique cross pendant with five marquis cut stones (they say diamonds, but maybe CZs)...

Why hasn't she been identified? Rhetorical question. It just seems that from the description someone would remember her.

You would think so. That makes you wonder if her family could be involved and she has never been reported missing.

It could be that her family hasn't been in contact with her for years. I've had relatives disappear for years at a time, come back and act like nothing's happened with no explanation for the lost time. I hope they have an answer soon in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah,me
    It could be that her family hasn't been in contact with her for years. I've had relatives disappear for years at a time, come back and act like nothing's happened with no explanation for the lost time. I hope they have an answer soon in this case.
    Good point.

I hope someone who knows this woman sees the posting of the jewelry pictures and the description.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast