Paris lets sick children down

aussieblue

aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I remember back then (2004) Paris was in all the media about how she was going to help these kids.

Paris' people set this visit up to visit the kids and the charity at the time, really praised her for taking time out to visit the sick kids and their families.
Of course the media was all over it.

This is beyond sick, to use very Ill children and their families for media gain and believe me she was in all our media about how she was going to help these kids.

How does she sleep at night???????????

HOLLYWOOD party girl Paris Hilton was happy to play charity queen while the cameras were rolling.

But two years after a well-publicised visit to Gold Coast charity Paradise Kids, the millionaire heiress has broken a promise she made to help seriously ill children.
Hilton pledged to organise a star-studded benefit concert in Los Angeles to raise much-needed funds for the charity.

She claimed it was one of her first priorities after returning to the US from the Gold Coast, where she spent six weeks filming House of Wax in 2004.

"I'll get a few friends together. I know the Backstreet Boys will help out for sure and I talked to Blu Cantrell last night," Hilton claimed at the time. Missy Elliott was another big-name act mentioned.

"I definitely want to do this," Hilton told gathered media. "My grandmother died of cancer and I almost lost my cousin to leukemia. It's just something very important to me.

snip----

To date, no benefit concert has taken place and efforts by Paradise Kids to contact Hilton have been unsuccessful.

snip------------

But he said after her visit and public vow to help the charity – telling organisers she could raise as much as $250,000 – Hilton "disappeared in a cloud of dust and got on with her life".

"The promise hasn't amounted to anything – nothing, not a penny," Rev Mavor said. "We really needed the funds."

The Arundel-based group, established in 1996 to offer support for seriously ill children and their families, is not government funded.

It was hoped money raised from Hilton's proposed concert would go toward completing an on-site hospice as well as expanding the charity's services beyond the Gold Coast.

But, ultimately, the celebrity may have cost Paradise Kids thousands of dollars in potential donations.

Three months after her visit, a national magazine reported that Hilton had declared the charity received $500,000 in cheques as a result of the public exposure she had given it.

Rev Mavor said the claim was not only false but also had proven quite damaging to the group's fundraising activities.

"The impact is people think we don't need their help and we do," Rev Mavor said.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,19443264-1248,00.html

~aussieblue

I usually don't speak ill of people...but I can't stand this chick! To let down ill children is just despicable! :furious: Why is she so famous anyway? Cause she has some money?! What a world we live in!
She is useless as *advertiser censored* on a bull. :banghead:
I keep hoping she'll wise up, grow a real woman's heart and use some of her clout and money to help!
I didn't see "House of Wax" because I don't do scary movies, but I was told that everyone in the theater applauded and whopped it up when her character got killed off :laugh:
And what is up with that one google eye she's always got going on? It always looks like her mascara has clumped her top and bottom lid together, so she always has that one eye half closed. Guess it's supposed to be sexy...but instead she looks like one of those dolls I had as a child whose eyelid would not stay open and was stuck half shut...
Can't stand her! Just go away Paris!

I think it sucks too, but she's the last person I'd want my child around sick or not sick.

Jeana (DP) said:
I think it sucks too, but she's the last person I'd want my child around sick or not sick.
Well, right on, Jeana! I totally agree!

She is on Regis & Kelly right now...what a dip $h*t!

Her only redeeming quality is her love for animals...but then of course...she'll turn around and wear some big fur thing...:doh: ...maybe there are no true redeeming qualities...
When I see young girls trying to be like her...it just makes me sick! :sick:
We, as woman, have come too far to have someone like her be a major influence on our girls! Ain't gonna happen in my house! :snooty:

She is young, though...maybe she'll get a clue...we can hope!

She is such a Vapid *advertiser censored*, when she got that monkey my son said "Well there's one animal that has to worry about it's owner giving IT "The HIV".:D

I should end that statement by saying my son is a stand up comic.

TisHerself said:
She is such a Vapid *advertiser censored*, when she got that monkey my son said "Well there's one animal that has to worry about it's owner giving IT "The HIV".:D

I should end that statement by saying my son is a stand up comic.
OMG to funny and to true! LOL

I know she carries little animals around with her, but I think it's more of an accessory or something to do that she thinks makes her look cool. I bet if her little dog peed on her Versace, she'd quit carrying him around.

My question is: Every time I see her on some news show, something bad has happened at her house. And they always say they left the door open. They left the door open and the dog ran away. And then I saw something about how they left a bunch of presents outdoors? How dumb are these people? I don't even leave my cheap crap outside....

I wouldn't have expected anything less from Paris.
Paris is all about Paris.

She is gross. I would be SOOO ashamed if she was my daughter. :eek:

narlacat said:
I wouldn't have expected anything less from Paris.
Paris is all about Paris.
So true. She's fake and slutty. I've read that her natural hair is brown and thin and her eyes also are brown. She sure has used up her 15 minutes. What male would actually want to 'sleep with' her? :confused:

ljwf22 said:
So true. She's fake and slutty. I've read that her natural hair is brown and thin and her eyes also are brown. She sure has used up her 15 minutes. What male would actually want to 'sleep with' her? :confused:

One who wants to break into the *advertiser censored* business.

Lots of males would like to sleep with Paris, because guys aren't that fussy about where they put it :eek:
If a girl looks like Paris, she will always be able to get laid :p

reportertype said:
One who wants to break into the *advertiser censored* business.
Did Paris's ex, that guy who had the video of them both and may have sold it or put it on the net....did he end up in the *advertiser censored* business :confused:

aussieblue said:
I remember back then (2004) Paris was in all the media about how she was going to help these kids.

~aussieblue
Seriously, are we surprised?

Everything I teach my boys about the kind of girls NOT to date, I use her as an example. The point comes across, clear as day.

hahaha
My boy is too little to know who Paris Hilton is....but thanks for the tip :D I'll keep it in mind for future reference!

Am I weird? I don't think she is all that attractive. She always looks slightly greasy.:eek: :sick:

All guys have different tastes but if it came down to it....you'd do it lol lol...I take it you're a guy Perry :confused::p

Paris is trash and I am continually amazed at the press she gets, not to mention her "reality show." Why on earth would people actually invite this dumba$$ into their homes?

I think she's absolutely beautiful on the outside. Inside is most likely an entirely different matter. I think one day she's going to regret having so many sexual partners. I can't imagine her not feeling used and that's a terrible thing to live with.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smartowl
Back