1570 users online (362 members and 1208 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

TN - REID, Paul Dennis, Died while awaiting execution on death row, 01 Nov 2013

I searched, didn't find this case on here anywhere; he's convicted of 7 murders already (one man who lived through one gruesome attack identified him at trial) is back in the news. I'll find some of the other links - it's gone on for years

NewsChannel5.com

Inmate Wants Execution, Doctor Says He's Incompetent
    Posted: 6/12/2006 10:26:00 PM
    Updated: 6/13/2006 9:44:53 AM

Paul Dennis Reid, convicted of seven fast food murders in middle Tennessee, was scheduled to die by lethal injection at the end of the month. He said he wants to die. His family said he has a mental illness and cannot make that decision.

Reid's sister and his lawyers were in court Monday arguing, despite what Reid says, his execution should be stayed and there should be another hearing to determine whether he is mentally competent.

Some of the victims' families were there Monday morning as well, and they feel this is just another unnecessary delay and they want to see the justice they've been promised.

A doctor submitted an affidavit Monday, saying Reid has left temporal lobe dysfunction and declared him to be incompetent.

No one remembers Paul Reid for his music, but many in middle Tennessee can't forget him for the fear he created across the mid-state.

Juries convicted Reid of seven fast food murders.

I did not commit those nefarious homicides, he said in a 1997 interview.

EDITED BY DP DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. SEE LINK BELOW FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE
    Last edited by Jeana (DP); 06-14-2006 at 10:14 AM.

WE NEED A LINK PLEASE!!!!!!

Sorry Jeana, I forgot to post that site.

Here is another one with more complete info as to the crimes.

http://www.prodeathpenalty.com/Pending/05/oct05.htm

Oh goodness I remember this guy, we lived in Clarksville,Tn. at the time he murdered the 2 girls that worked at Baskin Robbins!It was sooo horrible, they were missing for awhile and found at a popular park.One of the girls was married to a soldier who was in the same unit as my hubby at the time..they had a little baby girl at the time...this Paul Reid is a slime ball!My grandpa is a guard for TDOC and has met him a few times and says he is completely crazy, but is completely coherant and a dang good actor. Hopefully he will get his wish granted soon, but that would be too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyevan93
    Sorry Jeana, I forgot to post that site.

Here is another one with more complete info as to the crimes.

http://www.prodeathpenalty.com/Pending/05/oct05.htm

Thanks darlin!!!!!! Please keep in mind that you MUST post a link to any article copied from a news source and you may only post about 1/10th of the article here.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyevan93
    I searched, didn't find this case on here anywhere; he's convicted of 7 murders already (one man who lived through one gruesome attack identified him at trial) is back in the news. I'll find some of the other links - it's gone on for years
    sounds like it'll go on for more too

Paul Dennis Reid died today in a Tennessee hospital. He was moved there recently from death row. No cause of death has been announced.

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/arti...nclick_check=1

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/23...eid-dead-at-55

this one says there will be an autopsy..

http://www.examiner.com/article/seri...lusive?cid=rss

this one says pneumonia

he was 55 years old

various links on this story say that paul reid stopped his appeals in 2008.. as in he had more yet he said he was done. he said he was sorry to the families. and that the government experimenting on him* was making it too hard to continue with the appeals, so he would accept his fate (execution).

o.k., whatever you think about THAT, here is the thing.. that was in 2008! there were a couple of executions in 2009... why not him, too? he had SEVEN death penality convictions (most in the state).

did they think he'd change his mind? if he did, what does it matter if he went to court and gave up his other appeals?

i mean, he is dead now either way, but that is all confusing to me.

eta
    ringing in his ears, weird sleep patterns, pain were the symptoms he listed as proof (i'm just saying he said this, idk)
    Last edited by December; 11-02-2013 at 03:51 AM. Reason: ital and eta