GUILTY AZ - Amber Graff, 14, raped & murdered, Kingman, 9 June 2006

richandfamous

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This happened in my town!

Amber Graff, 14 and her 13 year old brother had been left in the care of their uncle while the mother was in the hospital. Amber was blugeoned to death with a rubber mallet. There were signs of sexual assult. The brother was in the hotel room where Amber was raped and murdered.
This is just crazy...you can't turn your back for a minute!
I wish I could post a picture of the uncle but it isn't on line...just in the local paper.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2006/Jun-11-Sun-2006/opinion/7900231.html

Arizona man arrested in death of teen niece

A Golden Valley, Ariz., man has been arrested in connection with the slaying of his niece at a Kingman motel.

Brad Lee Nelson, 35, was being held in the Mohave County jail on suspicion of second-degree murder in the death of Amber Graff, 14, also of Golden Valley.

Kingman police Sgt. Rusty Cooper said an autopsy determined that Graff died of multiple blunt-force trauma to the head. Cooper said investigators think that Nelson sexually assaulted his niece then beat her to death with a rubber mallet.

"We believe it was a sexually motivated crime," Cooper said.

He said Graff was dead at the scene when authorities were summoned Friday morning to her motel room in the 3200 block of Andy Devine Avenue. The case remains under investigation.

It makes my skin crawl.It makes me want to shout from the rooftops.It makes me sick.

I live outside of Las Vegas, and Kingman/Golden Valley is only 60 minutes from here, just across the Arizona border. Golden Valley is a tiny community of only 20,000 residents. I bet this is the worst crime they've had there in years, maybe ever?

jttnewguy said:
I live outside of Las Vegas, and Kingman/Golden Valley is only 60 minutes from here, just across the Arizona border. Golden Valley is a tiny community of only 20,000 residents. I bet this is the worst crime they've had there in years, maybe ever?

I live in Kingman, just over the hill from Golden Valley (5 miles). The kids were taken to a motel in Kingman by the Uncle. That's where she was murdered. And I'm sorry to have to say this but there are a few murders every year in Golden Valley/Kingman. Drugs are an issue! So, it's not the only or the worst. I have attended a community meeting with County wide LE to try and stop the drug problem. It is bad here.

I am sick to my stomach!! This poor girl ~ and I can only imagine what her brother was going through too.

(in my own words) (No Link)
Amber Graff was found in a motel room partially nude from the waist down...she was found lying on the bed under the covers..she had a large amount of blood coming from her face and head area. She had been sexually assaulted and then beaten to death with a rubber mallet. The uncle appeared to be under the influence of alcohol and drugs when questioned at the scene. The 13 yr old brother told police that he thought his sister was sleeping under her covers when he and (uncle) Nelson entered the room several times beween 5:30 am and 10:30 am.. The brother told police that he and his uncle walked to Kmart where uncle bought a new shirt and put it on. The police said they later found the bloody shirt. Amber's stepfather told police that Amber had received a letter three years ago (when she was 11) from the uncle where he proclaimed his love for her and his wish to marry her. Amber also received another letter several months ago. The letter dated Sept 10, 2005 again expressed his love for her and that he "would not run away from his feelings for her." He wrote that she should not be afraid of him as he would not do anythig to her unless she wanted it.
Uncle Brad Lee Nelson is being held on $1 million bond, pending further court proceedings.

It seems there were red flags all over this one a long time before it happened. Why on earth would the kids be left with the creep knowing what they knew!!!!

Just when you think you've heard it all.... :(

Why was this girl left with this man when they knew? It's criminal.

b0.jpg

this is the creep...brad lee nelson

What a monster. (The lawyer)
As for the cowardly monster that did this to this child, rot in hell

His goose is cooked... and deservidly so :furious: .

Bashed her head in with a RUBBER mallet? My god, that must have taken a large number of blows to kill her...how horrific for that girl. :furious:

richandfamous, I'm sorry your girls have to deal with such an awful thing as what happened to their friend, Amber...please give them (((hugs))) from Texas.

Considering that it would take about 20 mins to freshen up in the restroom and another 20 minutes to get some refreshments....that leaves about 20 mins to find him guilty. More time that he deserves, imo.

One of the deputies that worked with Nelson while he was in jail awaiting trial said he (Nelson) was so kind and friendly and always trying to give the guards gifts....Nelson didn't seem like he could be responsible for such a heinous crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back