814 users online (138 members and 676 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

PA - Gabrielle Bechen, 12, Greensboro, 13 June 2006

Search Continues For Missing Girl

Bechen Disappeared After ATV Ride

GREENSBORO, Pa. -- State police in Greene County are searching for a 12-year-old girl who has been missing for more than 24 hours.

Gabrielle Bechen was last seen at around 8:15 a.m. Tuesday near her home in Greensboro.

Bechen's mother said the girl was riding an all-terrain vehicle.

Police said she was wearing tan shorts, a dark shirt and a black helmet

more at link:http://www.wpxi.com/news/9367385/detail.html

Question question

Has school already let out for summer in this area?

School has been out here in Tn for 2 weeks. I hope they find her safe.

I know about Tennessee..

Quote Originally Posted by mom3dd
    School has been out here in Tn for 2 weeks. I hope they find her safe.
    I'm an Elvis fan and every year when I went down in August, the kids were back in school already, so I assumed they got out before the end of June like here.

Thanks, Mom

Yes, School is out in the area that she went missing.

Here is another article that gives more detailes. LE seems to think anything is possible: abduction, ran away, or gotten hurt.

Link:
    http://kdka.com/local/local_story_165153301.html

Thanks for that link, Usher....

I sort of think she may have had an accident, and is down in some ravine or something...it might have turned over on her, and she's been hurt. I sure hope she's okay and they get her soon.

Gabrielle is in the national news now...saw her story and picture shown on Fox News this morning. I agree that I think she's had an accident...I hope they find her fast enough. I have a 12-year-old daughter so this hits home.

Why was this little girl riding alone? ATV are dangerous and for the sake of saftey no one should ride alone. I know of too many people who have been injured riding (fun but need to follow some safety measures in doing so).

One of my co-workers husbands was injured riding on his own.. he went up and embankment and it flipped and rolled over on him. He was trapped until thankfully someone came along to assist. He was a big guy, a welder by trade .. about 6'2" and 200 lbs.. he couldn';t move the ATV of of himself... how could a little girl of this size...? Also as a result he lost his spleen and had other internal organ damage.. was hosptialized for over a week. I am afraid even if she has not been abducted and its an accident it could be a deadly situation.. I am praying that its not the case.

LE asked for volunteers to help search today. It's pretty bad territory here," said Dave Prichard, of the Bobtown Fire Department. "Been timbered out throughout the years, heavy ground cover, mountains, hollows. If she did slip and fall into one of them, it could take numerous hours to find her."

Here is a recent article: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06166/698463-85.stm

Holding out Hope for this little girl

http://www.lyricsandsongs.com/song/652114.html

It looks like this little missing one left a nice comment about a Rascal Flatts song-sounds like a typical kid.

I am holding out hope that they find her today, injured maybe and scared for sure but okay. I remember falling into a hole in the woods in PA when I was a kid-it really scared me because I had a hard time climbing back up but I had my big brother with me who put a fallen tree down the hole to help me climb back out.

I am going to focus my hopeful thoughts on this little girl today.

Unhappy This is so sad...

to think that she could possibly be out there somewhere all this time, injured and/or pinned under this vehicle. I sure hope this comes to a happy conclusion and very soon! I'm sure the nights have been quite cool also, and this girl has had a lot to deal with if she's still with us. God forbid the thought that she isn't.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/9377589/detail.html

Looks like the FBI is involved now.

I hope if they're still searching with helicopters that they have those infrared heat signature cameras. Still hoping for the best possible outcome here.

Why would the FBI be involved unless they have serious reason to belive this is more than an accident. I pray they find her soon.

I think they bring in the FBI partly because they have quick access to better searching technology, not necessarily because there is any reason to suspect anything. FBI has more experience coordinating large scale search efforts and they probably also have more tracking dogs, more folks familiar with search techniques in wooded, hilly terrrain.

Info on FBI involvement: Precautionary

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/06166/698537-100.stm

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast