ND ND - Reachelle Smith, 3, Minot, 16 May 2006

Michelle Read

Reaction score
This is the only article I have found so far. 3 year old girl has been missing since May 16 and this is the first we hear of it?? Anyone else with information? Photo at link~

The search for a missing 3-year-old girl resumed Wednesday after the body of the man who authorities suspected took her was found following an apparent suicide....

http://famulus.msnbc.com/famulusgen/ap05-24-072744.asp?t=apnew&vts=52420060742

Michelle Read said:
This is the only article I have found so far. 3 year old girl has been missing since May 16 and this is the first we hear of it?? Anyone else with information? Photo at link~

The search for a missing 3-year-old girl resumed Wednesday after the body of the man who authorities suspected took her was found following an apparent suicide....

http://famulus.msnbc.com/famulusgen/ap05-24-072744.asp?t=apnew&vts=52420060742

Thanks for posting this, last night I saw an online Amber Alert banner with her name/location, but couldn't locate any other information whatsoever.

Why wasn't an Amber Alert issued when she was first discovered missing? They didn't think a three year old ran away, did they?

There has to be more to this story. Apparently the guy claimed to be her father. Was it later before any real family members questioned him having her?

I saw this on Nancy Grace this morning. If she disappeared with the supposed father, where is she? Did he give her away before he offed himself? Did he do something to her?

JMHO

I wonder if something happened to her unintentionally. Possibly he disposed of her body and then killed himself.

Here is the Minot nawspaper. http://www.minotdailynews.com/index.asp
Looks as if she lived with her Aunt, but sometimes stayed with the guys Mom. The guy lived with the Aunt too???
The guy told the Aunt the little girl was with his mom, and his mom lived at the Minot AFB till she moved just before the little girl went missing...

It left a BIG window of time no one knew were this little girl was.:confused:

In reading this, it seems that authorities are now questioning whether this little girl was EVER with guy to begin with. Did anyone else see it that way when reading that article?

spclk said:
In reading this, it seems that authorities are now questioning whether this little girl was EVER with guy to begin with. Did anyone else see it that way when reading that article?

I'm unsure what the authorities presuppose, but it certainly seems that the reporter definitely is. This is certainly a peculiar story.

Also... why in heaven's sakes isn't there a photograph of Reachelle?

That is very odd.

wondering22 said:
I'm unsure what the authorities presuppose, but it certainly seems that the reporter definitely is. This is certainly a peculiar story.

Also... why in heaven's sakes isn't there a photograph of Reachelle?

That is very odd.
Wondering, there are photographs of Rachelle in the two links I provided when I started this thread. Beautiful little girl.

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/news/state/14651949.htm

still searching. LE states they have nothing to go on that she's where they're looking but they don't know whatelse to do. I don't think anyone else took her. The suicide of the guy is clearly a big reason of guilt. What an *advertiser censored*. Make everyone suffer because of his frucked up brain.... and that little girl. MY GOD!

This bothers me, after I started doing my report on predators I started to keep a closer eye out on things. A few weeks ago I noticed a man behind us with CO tags, which I usually pay attention to out of state tags. Its like he saw me looking and after that remained rather close to us so I couldn't see them. He then followed us into walmart. I noticed when he got out of his blazer he had this beautiful lil girl with him, only she had blonde hair, but appeared to be between the age's of 3-4 years old. I kept an eye on them as they entered the store, it appeared he took her to the potty room and back to the toys. I wrote down the make/model/and tags to be on the safe side, going with my gut which never fails me, and have been searching the news and amber alerts for anything similar. I wonder if this family had any ties to the military. This guy had US air force tags. My mom thinks im nuts about it because he's military, but that means nothing to me, in my search i found a guy in the air force convicted of posessing child *advertiser censored*. People like that come in all shapes and sizes and for all I know he could have swiped the plates. I dunno, something about it still rubbed me the wrong way, so I kept the information. I would have contacted local LE, but no one there seems to listen to anything I say. I contacted them and told them our local sex offender's registry was WAY out of wack and wasn't showing all of them and they still haven't fixed it. All it would entail is going into the database and changing a few letters. I have a friend who can run Ohio plates, but not CO, I thought about having them ran to see if the plates match the make. Last time I had this feeling, the plates didn't match the make.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something on the Nancy Grace show, it sounds as if the girl was put to bed at night and was missing the following morning. Then, it was FOUR DAYS before she was reported missing?????? I don't understand.

I'm so nauseated. I'm so sad for this beautiful little girl. She's the same age as my little one. I just can't imagine. I don't know if I could survive something like this. Again, I find myself praying for a miracle. :(

I've watched this case on Nancy Grace for the last two nights. It is pretty confusing. Reachelle's mother gave custody of her to an aunt. I don't know if the aunt is the mom or dad's sister. This 22 year old guy that killed himself was living with the aunt. Don't know if they were a couple or not. The 22 yr old believed that Reachelle was his daughter even though he had been shown the paperwork from blood tests. He as not her father. He must have been connected with Reachelle's mother at some time if he thought the little girl was his. Reachelle's father lives away. Can't remember where or if the mom and dad are together.

I'm not sure when this guy took Reachelle. I know something was said about the aunt not checking on Reachelle...wherever she had been staying...for 4 nights and days. So evidentally the aunt who had custody thought she was safe and sound with whoever when in reality she wasn't even there. I think she was supposed to be with a gramma. Did she call the 22 yr old's mother gramma?

LE aren't even sure who actually saw Reachelle alive last which means that they aren't for sure when she disappeared. She could have been missing longer then they think. They are talking to neighbors, etc, to see if anyone can pinpoint when she was actually last seen.

It isn't looking good with this guy's suicide. They aren't even sure now if he is the one who took her. They are checking the van for any evidence that she had been in it or any sign of a struggle in it. His autopsy is tomorrow. They could find her fingerprints and hair but beings he lived in the same house as she did she had probably been in his van before.

This little girl has been gone for to long. Unless that guy took this little girl and gave her to someone else it isn't looking good at all. The guy has a history of drug addition, he didn't work, and was in trouble with the law from what I understand. I believe there was a warrent out for him. I don't know what the purpose would have been for this guy to take Reachelle. If he did take her I'm afraid that he may have murdered her and then took his own life.
Praying for a miracle here.

Someone on NG said to remember Elizabeth Smart and that there's always hope. The difference is that the man that is believed to have taken this child is dead and she's only 3, completely incapable of caring for herself for 8 days.

I'm truly sick over this. I wish I never heard of this situation as I feel completely helpless to change anything. It's eating me up that I have no optimism on the potential outcome. I'm so sick of children falling victim to monsters. Completely sick of it. Do us all a favor - if you're thinking of kidnapping and harming a child, kill yourself before you actually do it. If you're going to ruin a life, at least make it a life that doesn't matter - like the life of a sick b*stard that could harm the most innocent among us.

JerseyGirl said:
Someone on NG said to remember Elizabeth Smart and that there's always hope. The difference is that the man that is believed to have taken this child is dead and she's only 3, completely incapable of caring for herself for 8 days.

I'm truly sick over this. I wish I never heard of this situation as I feel completely helpless to change anything. It's eating me up that I have no optimism on the potential outcome. I'm so sick of children falling victim to monsters. Completely sick of it. Do us all a favor - if you're thinking of kidnapping and harming a child, kill yourself before you actually do it. If you're going to ruin a life, at least make it a life that doesn't matter - like the life of a sick b*stard that could harm the most innocent among us.

I hope with all of my heart that this little girl is still alive but where would she be? Who would she be with that wouldn't have dropped her off somewhere or called LE when they found out the 22 yr old committed suicide? If he isn't the one that took her then who did and why did he kill himself? So many questions and no answers.

I feel the way that you do. It seems that every day a little child has gone missing. We don't even know about all of them because they don't end up on here. Sometimes it is overwhelming to come and read these boards. I don't know how these families survive waiting to find their children. I don't know if I could. I don't know if I could survive losing a little child either. All of these rapes, molestations, and murders of little kids is just heart breaking. I believe that all it should take is one time of a creep hurting a child and he should never see the light of day again. Not twice or more times. Why should they get a second chance to hurt another child. I think of Jessica Lunsford, Samatha Runnion, and so many more little children who were raped and murdered by those creeps who should never have been let out of prison. I hope that Jessica's Law makes a difference.

If he wasn't the father, then who was? Are they sure it was suicide or was it made to look like a suicide, someone could have easily clocked him a good one and set the whole thing up. Now everyone has me wondering who the father is, if anyone hears any military reference LET ME KNOW. thanks.

That or any kids from CO or surrounding area. The girl I saw (who I can't shake from my mind) was blonde, about 3-4 yrs old, rather small (my 5 yr old isn't fat, but was big built for his age when he was that age) The guy she was with was about 6' ish had on black sunglasses the whole time, shaven bald and had U.S military tags. I would say he was probably about 27-32 yrs of age. I say this because WALMART has surveillance of EVERYONE that walks in the door. If something similiar hits the news I'll take what I have 50 miles north of me if I have to, to get someone to look into it. It's possibly her hair could have been dyed, I just though CO was a far way away from home to be driving. Military or not, my brother is a marine who lives in NC, even they hate a 12 hour drive, and usually fly up.

Dex said:
If he wasn't the father, then who was? Are they sure it was suicide or was it made to look like a suicide, someone could have easily clocked him a good one and set the whole thing up. Now everyone has me wondering who the father is, if anyone hears any military reference LET ME KNOW. thanks.

That or any kids from CO or surrounding area. The girl I saw (who I can't shake from my mind) was blonde, about 3-4 yrs old, rather small (my 5 yr old isn't fat, but was big built for his age when he was that age) The guy she was with was about 6' ish had on black sunglasses the whole time, shaven bald and had U.S military tags. I would say he was probably about 27-32 yrs of age. I say this because WALMART has surveillance of EVERYONE that walks in the door. If something similiar hits the news I'll take what I have 50 miles north of me if I have to, to get someone to look into it. It's possibly her hair could have been dyed, I just though CO was a far way away from home to be driving. Military or not, my brother is a marine who lives in NC, even they hate a 12 hour drive, and usually fly up.
Dex

Yes to the military... Minot is a small town in central ND with a Air Base!
AND...

Yes, I did read that the guy told the Aunt the girl was at HIS moms, and his mom lived at the Minot Air Base, Minot ND till she moved to Kansas just before the little girl went missing! Thats when the Aunt called her in missing... when the Aunt found out the guys mom moved! I heard that the little girl would sometimes stay with this guys mom.

And I also found that Police Capt. Al Hanson said, There's family in England, thought to be some in Kansas, and some family in COLORADO...

You can read it in the Minot Daily News at http://www.minotdailynews.com/index.asp.
I just looked at it and it has a big photo of her today. Please go look at her photo.

I could kick myself in the arse now for looking into this before now. The girl I saw had lighter hair, but some of the facial features strike me as familiar. I don't know if I've contaminated my own eye sight from looking at other pics of kids or what. Is this the first time this pic has been shown in her case? Im going to have my mother look at it, who was with me, and nonetheless walmart has surveilance if need be. Can you find the links that says his mother lived on air force base and the CO link???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back