735 users online (67 members and 668 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question re Lawsuits

I know that Steve Thomas was sued by the Ramseys for $80 million and the case was settled out of court (I believe in the Ramsey's favor). Does anyone have an answer as to why I have not heard of Schiller being sued or Hodges (who wrote 2 books implicating the Ramseys and who is much more vocal about sexual abuse than Steve Thomas is). Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Solace
    I know that Steve Thomas was sued by the Ramseys for $80 million and the case was settled out of court (I believe in the Ramsey's favor). Does anyone have an answer as to why I have not heard of Schiller being sued or Hodges (who wrote 2 books implicating the Ramseys and who is much more vocal about sexual abuse than Steve Thomas is). Thanks for any help.
    John Ramsey hated Steve Thomas...and believing that a suit would compell Steve Thomas to reveal all that he knew, i.e. evidence the Ramseys are not privy to....they went ahead with the suit.

As it goes, Steve Thomas had no way to defend himself as he would, (quoting him, give away the store).
    ...We have said to ourselves, look, there is never going to be a victory in this, there is no victory...John Ramsey: 6/24/98

I may be wrong in this,but didn't ST actually accuse Patsy of killing JonBenet accidentally in his book? I don't think any other book did,they may have alluded to someone,but never named anyone,leaving that up to the readers to decide.Could that be why the Ramsey's sued him?

Quote Originally Posted by capps
    I may be wrong in this,but didn't ST actually accuse Patsy of killing JonBenet accidentally in his book? I don't think any other book did,they may have alluded to someone,but never named anyone,leaving that up to the readers to decide.Could that be why the Ramsey's sued him?

Yeah,wow, Hodges books are far worse than Thomas' I would say. He not only accuses John of molesting JB but also accuses Patsy of killing her. He does name names and goes all the way. I've never understood why he has not been sued, although he pretty much left Burke alone and all of the lawsiuts were about Burke, with the exception of Thomas.

Wouldn't everyone love to know what the LE has in their files that we don't know about!

Any guesses?

The only ones I can think of at the top of my head is:

The DNAX,which we don't know where it's from.I heard it's not from JonBenet's body,but I don't know how true that is.

Pictures from the White's Christmas Party.Could there possibly be someone in those pictures,that can tie into the murder? Who knows.

Can anyone else come up with anything else?

Hi Capps.

I think the pics from the Whites christmas party could be very telling.....theres something in them that is being hidden from public knowledge.....I find it strange that the graphic autopsy pics have being displayed....but not pics from an innocent christmas party

Quote Originally Posted by Solace
    You brought up a point I have often wondered about, Solace. Hodges' first book on the Ramsey case was released in July(?) 1998. Months and months go by without a word from John and Patsy. Then the months turned into years and still no word. Steve Thomas released his book on April 11, 2000 and 50 days later on Larry King, John tells Steve, "We're suing you". As for them not going after Hodges, well, I think that can be summed up in one little word - distancing.

-Tea

Quote Originally Posted by capps
    Wouldn't everyone love to know what the LE has in their files that we don't know about!

Any guesses?

The only ones I can think of at the top of my head is:

The DNAX,which we don't know where it's from.I heard it's not from JonBenet's body,but I don't know how true that is.

Pictures from the White's Christmas Party.Could there possibly be someone in those pictures,that can tie into the murder? Who knows.

Can anyone else come up with anything else?
    I must be on everyones "ignore" list. Oh well, I still just keep right on posting don't I? Regarding your list I can tell you that DNAX is definately female. I got that from reading Mark Beckners deposition. About where it was found, it was only referred to as the "crime scene". So take your pick, I suppose that could be anywhere in the whole house.

You're not on my ignore list trixie

I thought DNAX was female too.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    You're not on my ignore list trixie

I thought DNAX was female too.
    Oh Hi there Narlacat! Looks like a quiet sunday night tonight. Thanks for responding. I don't get responses very often unless it's Aussiesheila!! lol!

It's monday here.
    I've never noticed anyone avoiding your posts, but I miss stuff probably

Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    It's monday here.
    I've never noticed anyone avoiding your posts, but I miss stuff probably
    I don't post very often, just read mostly. When I do they mostly get skipped over. Oh well. Hope you are having a decent Monday!

Thomas had more credibility than Hodges as he was privy to the most confidential of reports and files. Therefore his book was based upon unique knowledge of the case. Hodges book is just his take on the case, life, the universe...... Many case followers (myself included) have so little regard for Hodge that we didn't even buy the book.

I think that is why Thomas was sued and Hodges wasn't.

Wecht wasn't sued either.
    This is only my opinion

Let the focus be on Madeleine

Together we can make a difference

Alert Viewer in Scotland

Member of Websleuths since April 2000

Quote Originally Posted by trixie
    I don't post very often, just read mostly. When I do they mostly get skipped over. Oh well. Hope you are having a decent Monday!
    Hi Trixie...I dont post often either....and sometimes I get skipped over.....but I do read your posts.
    So keep posting.

for whats its worth...just watched an American show called Close to home....it started with a missing child...and a policeman saying..dont let this be another jonbenet Ramsey case......but this child was found outside of the house..I watched the rest of the show and it had very little bearing on our case....but I thought it was worth a mention

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast