06-16-2006, 11:54 PM #1
Crime statistics state that:
- A woman is raped every 46 seconds in America... that's 78 rapes each hour!
- Every day, four women are killed by their abusive partners
- 25% of girls and 17% of boys will be sexually assaulted by the time they are 18 years old
- 14% of all American women acknowledge having been violently abused by a husband or boyfriend
- From 1992 to 1993 29% of all violence against women by a lone offender was by an Intimate
- 75% of domestic homicides occur after the victim has left the perpetrator
- 28% of all homicides of women are domestic violence related
- 95% of reported domestic assaults the female is the victim and the male is the perpetrator
- 75% of every rape is committed by a man that the victim knows
- 25% of rapes take place in a public area or a parking garage
These shocking facts show that violent crimes can affect anyone at anytime, regardless of where they live or work. These crimes include assault, domestic violence, robbery, car jacking, rape and murder.
Based on these statistics it's possible that at some point in your life you might be a victim of a violent crime. The criminal's primary strategy is to use the advantage of surprise. Criminals mainly choose targets which appear to be unaware of their surroundings. So, please be prepared before something happens.
Scroll down for crime prevention tips and solutions at http://www.pepper-spray.net/faq.html
Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972
Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)
10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)
Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com
Baruch ha Shem Adonai.