1215 users online (233 members and 982 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

LA - Five teens, 16-19, die in New Orleans shooting, 17 June 2006

Four people, including a 16-year-old boy, were killed early Saturday in a shootout and a fifth person was in critical condition, police said.

The 16-year-old and two men were found dead inside a sport utility vehicle rammed up against a pole and the fourth victim was on a sidewalk, said police spokesman Gary Flot.

The wounded man was lying in the street a short distance from the vehicle, police said.

The names of the victims were not immediately released.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060617/ap_on_re_us/new_orleans_shooting&printer=1

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

5th victim has died, all were teens:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060617/...leans_shooting

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

5 People Killed in New Orleans Shootout

Thank-you for the post DK.news link
    NEW ORLEANS — Five people ranging in age from 16 to 19 were killed in a street shooting early Saturday, the most violent crime reported in this slowly repopulating city since Hurricane Katrina hit last August.

All were believed to have been gunned down while inside a sport utility vehicle that was found rammed against a utility pole in the Central City neighborhood just outside the central business district.

Authorities said they were looking for one or more suspects but did not elaborate.

Capt. John Bryson said police think the shootings were either drug-related or some type of retaliation attack. A semiautomatic weapon was used and "multiple, multiple rounds" were fired, he said.

"I think the motivation we're looking at is pretty obvious," he said. "Somebody wanted them dead."

Gang shootings happen all the time in big cities. Not to discount any of it but it happens. Retaliation is the most common response.Macho, irresponsible mechanisms, age and stupidity reign.

"Central City?" That must be a relatively new neighborhood designation, because I never heard it used when I lived there in the 1980s. From the vauge description, it sounds like what used to be called "Lower Magazine" or "The Bend", just beyond the Irish Channel and the Lower Garden District.

I've been hearing that the gangbangers are back in NO, but they're now moving into what were previously (mostly) safe upper middle class neighborhoods in what's known as Uptown and Mid-City since the Lower 9th and Gentilly are gone and much of the the old Faubourg was demolished as well.

That is what I think it is too.They move out from the quarter as tourist or locals with means do.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
    "Central City?" That must be a relatively new neighborhood designation, because I never heard it used when I lived there in the 1980s. From the vauge description, it sounds like what used to be called "Lower Magazine" or "The Bend", just beyond the Irish Channel and the Lower Garden District.

I've been hearing that the gangbangers are back in NO, but they're now moving into what were previously (mostly) safe upper middle class neighborhoods in what's known as Uptown and Mid-City since the Lower 9th and Gentilly are gone and much of the the old Faubourg was demolished as well.
    A photo on http://www.nola.com/ puts it at the corner of Danneel and Josephine.

Quote Originally Posted by Eoanthropus Dawsoni
    A photo on http://www.nola.com/ puts it at the corner of Danneel and Josephine.
    That would put it north of the Irish Channel, about two blocks off Jackson Avenue and 6 blocks up from St. Charles. Jospehine runs from Roman to Robertson, just East of Jackson Avenue and intersects South Claiborne Avenue, doglegs, then continues to run to Tchopitoulas, which is the river drive. It's north of the Irish Channel and Southwest of the CBD. That neighborhood has always been dicey. There used to be a nightclub on nearby S. Claiborne Avenue called "Backstabbers Disco". As for it being redubbed "Central City", I think that is the area that used to known locally as "Pigeon Town".

Hey DK,

Mark my words,MS-13 is behind this.
    Also authorities should look into this gang when there are unsolved assaults,rapes or killings of Afro-American women.That is one of the criteria that a prospective gang member needs to do to become a part of this gang.When they are jumped in,they are beaten while members count to 13.
    They are also "coyotes" that bring illegal immigrants to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_shadows
    Hey DK,

Also authorities should look into this gang when there are unsolved assaults,rapes or killings of Afro-American women.That is one of the criteria that a prospective gang member needs to do to become a part of this gang.When they are jumped in,they are beaten while members count to 13.
    There are so many gangs in NO--all of them murderous--that it's anybody's choice. When I was there the big gangs were the Black Spoons and the Steppin' Razors (who had former Ton Ton Macoute from Haiti). After the LA riots--I left the city a few months after that-- the Crips and Bloods popped up there, as they have everywhere else, along with the Latin Kings. The last time I visited the city (1996) there was a running gun battle between Crips and some other gang around 2am, with the ****s shooting at one another across Canal Street, one friend got robbed at gunpoint at a convenience store around the corner from the hotel, and another had his van stolen. All on one weekend. Mind you, that was nearly a decade before Katrina

Well,the National Guard has been called in. IMO they should have never left in the first place. Last night on Anderson Cooper 360, the report on the city stated that of the 53 murders that have occured in the 2006 calendar year, 40 have happened since March! And 53 homicides for a population of 200-250k is staggering, to say the least. Also the only reason the city finally asked for the NG to come back is because 4 conventions cancelled with the city on Monday.

Thanks BillyGoatGruff.Can you keep us posted?

Hey DK,

MS-13 is a bad group. Dekalb County LE just left the property I'm working on.....the graffiti of this gang is back up. We had covered over it last week. The "tags" must be importent to them. Anyway, the police and all of us are being more vigilent

Ugh MS-13 is horrible here!

Yep they tag sorta like a dog peeing on a wall to mark their territory. This is mine and you can't have it. Then others tag over it in a sign of disrespect.

Almost like when my kids were tiny. The oldest would draw a picture and keep the crayon. The younger would then get mad and draw over his pic. Mine I tell you and if you won't give it to me I'm gonna do this or that. Only difference is I punished mine when they were acting that way and the gangs never had any kind of raising. Bunch of babies with guns who instead of pouting, shoot.

When we were in New Orleans about 3 weeks ago most neighborhoods felt seedy because most of them are empty. I didn't venture far. We were in Harahan and dh was working. The only time we had for looking around was in the evening time and I didn't feel comfortable riding around at night.

Thanks BillyGoatGruff.Can you keep us posted?
    I'll try.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast