900 users online (168 members and 732 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

the 911 phone call during the party on the 23rd

Susan Stine has copped a lot of flack for being the person who turned the police away at the door but I haven't heard of FW copping anything for having been the person who made the call in the first place.

Did anyone actually see FW make the call? Presumably if he used the kitchen phone someone would have seen him, or perhaps he had crept off into one of the rooms upstairs and that was where the call was made from.

My guess is that it wasn't FW who made the call at all anyway. I think it was one of the children who made the call, an older boy,*********** who might have been trying to protect JonBenet from the advances of a sexual predator, which by my reckoning there were three invited ones present that night.

Maybe FW grabbed the phone from ******** and slammed it back in the cradle. In the ensuing kerfuffle maybe *** found out from ******** that he was the one who made the call and to calm the waters she answered the police when they knocked at the door.

So who did the police question about that call and what sort of questions did they ask? Did they ask any of the children present at the party about it? Did they ask SS or DP or Santa about it? Did they ask FW from which phone in which room of the house he made the call? Probably not I'd say.

Here's what it says in DOI, pb, pg 101 (and this is all the Rs say about it.)

During the party Fleet White used our phone to make a series of calls, trying to get some medicine to his mother in a hospital in Aspen, Colorado. Apparently he dialed wrong and got 911. The police called back, but after checking with Fleet and the rest of the people in the house, Susan Stine informed them that the call was a mistake. The 911 call remains somewhat of a mystery.

Was the Stine Boy There?

Personally, I've always held the opinion that JonBenet herself tried to make a call to 911 and FW or someone grabbed the phone away from her, because, allegedly she'd been crying, probably about being molested and none of the grownups caring. (It's been discussed here and there that FW's mother actually was partying that night, but I can't right now remember source. At the time JR wrote that, I guess they thought she was hospitalized.)

Were there actually any older boy children there? If so it's possible, of course that one tried to protect JonBenet, but if one was that interested, would he have let the adults silence him? In the almost 10 yrs since then, wouldn't one of them have said something somewhere? Unanswerable, I know.

Maybe the killer made the first 911 call...as a sort of "boy who cried wolf" ruse.

Thinking that if the police had already responded to a 911 call that turned out to be a crank call, in case the plkanned activities with JonBenet went wrong later in the evening, police may not be so quick to respond to a 2nd call, buying some time.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for pretending to be someone I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuisanceposter

During the party Fleet White used our phone to make a series of calls, trying to get some medicine to his mother in a hospital in Aspen, Colorado. Apparently he dialed wrong and got 911. The police called back, but after checking with Fleet and the rest of the people in the house, Susan Stine informed them that the call was a mistake. The 911 call remains somewhat of a mystery.
    Fleet White most likely dialed 911 when he wanted to dial 411 for information regarding a phone number he needed.

-Tea

Boy Who Cried Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by BirdieBoo
    Maybe the killer made the first 911 call...as a sort of "boy who cried wolf" ruse.

Thinking that if the police had already responded to a 911 call that turned out to be a crank call, in case the plkanned activities with JonBenet went wrong later in the evening, police may not be so quick to respond to a 2nd call, buying some time.
    Well there's a thought. If we find out JMK was in Boulder, he's probably that cunning, normally. Not when he breaks down and confesses.

That about FW dialing wrong, claiming his mother was in a hospital, was imo a cover story. Posters found out years ago that his mother was actually partying that night, not in a hospital. Seems to me JonBenet was just getting too spunky as she got older and dialed 911 herself. And that if JMK was the one, he probably brought his old teddy bear and put it into the box or bag of stuff they were presenting to the pageant contestants, timed so she'd get it, when her turn was coming up. Just a thought. Because Patsy said it was "shabby", someone here said. Whoever was giving out the surprises probably didn't pay any attention, just wanted to get the job over with. Does anyone get the impression that the Ramseys and friends or ex-friends are stonewalling about something or other, even more since JMK news came to light? JR says to the best of his knowledge or recollection he's not acquainted with the Karrs. Leaving himself some wiggle room in case it gets proven that he did know them?

P.S. It's been a week, and they still haven't taken his DNA sample???

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by icedtea4me
    Fleet White most likely dialed 911 when he wanted to dial 411 for information regarding a phone number he needed.

-Tea
    Thanks for being a voice of reason!

Quote Originally Posted by debann
    Thanks for being a voice of reason!
    You're welcome, debann!

Eagle1 asked " its been a week and they still haven't taken a DNA sample?, I have been giving that some thought. You remember all that eating and drinking he did on the plane? Well, when he was finished and let his glass or fork or left over food be taken for discard, the trash was then fair game. Wonder if the police gathered those things are are doing DNA comparisons from that.

Good Idea But...

Good idea, and it's usually done when LE need some DNA, but in this one case, does anyone besides me ever start wondering if the goofs are all deliberate, and why? What was all that clinking champaign glasses about? Like they're big buddies.

Someone asked could he be getting paid big bucks to take the rap for someone. I don't think he'd risk the death penalty, which they have in Co.

I have a TV on in the background, and think they said on Court TV that lawyers from outside Co. are wanting to volunteer there.

Quote Originally Posted by icedtea4me

-Tea
    I've actually DONE this before, so it doesn't seem like a stretch to me that that may have been what happened.

There were over 100 people at the party

Lately it was said that there were 30 people at the party on the 23rd and it was a strict guest list of friends only, and a stranger such as John Karr would have been noticed. But this archived news article says differently:

http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/...ey/0126jon.htm

I think it would be quite easy in a crowd of 100 for John Karr to be there, and not be remembered now by John Ramsey, or anyone else who was there.

Pam Paugh said it would be possible too, on Inside Edition yesterday. The Ramseys didn't have a strict guest list, and friends were invited to bring their friends.

Anyone seeing an unknown, nice looking, well groomed young man would assume it was the friend of a friend, wouldn't they? It is highly unlikely he would have been challenged.

Here is an excerpt from the above link:

Betty Barnhill and her husband, Joe, were two of about 100 guests at their neighbors' Christmas party that Monday night.
    Patsy Ramsey had used the Barnhills' oven to bake a ham while she roasted a turkey in hers.
    "There were lots of their friends from the Episcopal Church there,'' Betty Barnhill says. "Patsy loved having people over, enjoying her house.''
    Santa Claus, played by former University of Colorado journalism professor Bill McReynolds, passed out presents to the children.
    Barnhill watched the Ramseys' two children enjoy the revelry.
    "I can remember Burke that night,'' she says of the Ramseys' 9-year-old son. "He was just laughing, enjoying himself.''
    And Barnhill recalls the bright smiles of another jewell that lighted the house -- 6-year-old JonBenet Patricia Ramsey.
    "She had a lovely black velvet dress on, and her blonde hair was pulled up high on top of her head,'' Barnhill says.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Nuisanceposter

Did the police check the hospital in Aspen to see if White's mother was there and did she get the medicine?

Lavish Holiday Parties - did they push someone beyond the point of a simmering bitterness or resentment toward JR and PR?

This thread about the party, reminds me of some of the articles that were saved on various websites. I re-read the Ramsey's Christmas Letter last night; there was the Foyer Party on December 14th (date?), the Christmas Parade BR and JBR were "in"; there was a Christmas Pageant that JBR won (big surprise), the Ramsey's house was also included in the Christmas tour of homes, sponsored by the historical society (this might be what some refer to as the "open house"), etc.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? That this family was way too public with their wealth and their children. Too many kooks out there, who take umbridge at this display. Heck, the Christmas letter was enough to give me the impression that PR loved to "drive in the show-off lane", as they say in modest towns in the south. Christmas letter was a bit over the top; it also very specifically mentioned JRs success. Correction, it was way over the top - especially considering that some people have a difficult time at Christmas.

Unknowingly, and perhaps distracted by the luxuries around them, the Ramseys quite possibly pushed someone over the edge with this lavish party.

So Maybe Karr Was in Boulder, 23rd-25th?

Quote Originally Posted by aspidistra
    Lately it was said that there were 30 people at the party on the 23rd and it was a strict guest list of friends only, and a stranger such as John Karr would have been noticed. But this archived news article says differently:

http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/...ey/0126jon.htm

I think it would be quite easy in a crowd of 100 for John Karr to be there, and not be remembered now by John Ramsey, or anyone else who was there.

Pam Paugh said it would be possible too, on Inside Edition yesterday. The Ramseys didn't have a strict guest list, and friends were invited to bring their friends..
    So the family are now saying it's possible Karr was there. On the news this morning, Saturday, I just heard that someone in a New England state says he saw Karr at a bus stop about midnight, pretty far from the Rs' home, acting strangely. They didn't say how. But if that's so, she was killed before midnight, and he walked to a bus stop just like Lee Harvey Oswald! I'm sure it'll be in the Today's News thread for the 26th but it also goes with this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast