FL - DOJ Agent William Sentner, 44, shot dead, prison guards arrested, 21 June 2006

GlitchWizard

Reprobate
Reaction score
Website
www.glitchwizard.com
There must be 40 cop cars in the front of FCI prison in Tallahassee, Florida right now. The lights and sirens keep coming, filling up the road and the parking lot. MASSIVE show of force and the cops are running from their cars, putting on bullet proof vests as they run. Preliminary reports are that three staff of the correctional facility have been shot - no word on their condition.

This is an all female prison, I believe. I've never seen such a show of force in this town - ever.

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060621/BREAKINGNEWS/60621007

9:00 a.m.
John Newland said the FBI is working the case and they plan to make a statement this afternoon. He said that the three were shot around 7:45 a.m. during an arrest that was happening at the prison. The three victims were taken to the hospital but their condition is unknown.

All entrances to the facility are blocked by police cruisers.
---------------------------
8:28 a.m.

According to reports on the police scanner, five people have been taken into custody by the FBI and are being transported to the Federal Marshals office.

I just heard a blurb on Fox News that they are either prison employees or civillians that were shot. I don't understand who shot them though......

I just read that while one of the prison employees was being arrested that prison employee opened fire.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/06/21/fla.shooting/index.html

It's on CNN.com now. Apparently 6 officers were being arrested for something by the FBI and one of the officers shot the FBI guy and killed him. That officer was then also shot and killed. No idea who the third injured (shot) person is - but apparently not a police man or it would have been reported.

I'd hate to be in the prison system after having been a correctional officer first. That's got to be worse, somehow.

Okay, apparently the third shot was a lady who worked there, not an officer. The five people who are in custody were already going to be in custody for something else anyway. It would have been 6 taken into custody for other crimes, but the one didn't want to be arrested and shot the arresting officer and then was killed.

What a mess.

So.... there was a crime, and the suspects were the correctional officers, or something to that effect... according to the article, and when the FBI came in to do the bust, one started shooting? Holy crap!:eek:

WOW, I just saw on CNN...my thought was...OK, why going to prison to arrest someone...:slap: ..I was confused...soooo, they were arresting guards, the FBI was? I wonder what the flip they did, anyone know what these arrests were all about? Is everything calmed down there now?

Well the guards may have been involved in some sort of "smuggling" of items into the prison and they had been going in there to arrest them. May have been a better idea to arrest them at home in the middle of the night when they're less apt to be carrying weapons, but who would have thought they'd rather kill and be killed than be arrested. This is a horribly sad thing.

Murder of a federal officer is a capital offense. If the shooter survived the gunfight he may have bought himself a ticket to the needle.

http://www.wctv6.com/breakingnews/3201381.html

Update of Fatal Shooting at Federal Detention Center

The Department of Justice reports this morning's shooting took place as a Department of Justice inspector general agent was trying to arrest two or more Federal Correctional Institution guards on corruption charges. The guards apparently resisted, pulled their guns and at least one guard opened fire. The inspector general agent was killed. At this point, all indications are that the other two people wounded were the guards facing corruption charges. The guards were believed to be conspiring with inmates. The representative from the Department of Justice believes this was the first time an inspector general agent was killed in the line of duty. Up to six prison guards may be facing charges in this case.

Note to moderator, this was short and I copied the whole item, so if it needs cutting, feel free.

I also agree with others, why did they try to make the arrests at the facility instead of at their homes?

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060621/BREAKINGNEWS/60621007

Also has video and pictures

11:32 a.m.
Three people were shot and two people are dead, said Rick Dent, spokesperson with the FBI in Jacksonville. The shooting happened when FBI agents were trying to serve federal arrest warrants. One of the people shot is a federal agent.

There will be a press conference taking place at the detention center within the hour.

Five people who were taken into custody after the shooting at the detention center were arrested on charges not related to the shooting, said Jason Stiles, FCI spokesman.

A federal grand jury returned an indictment Tuesday charging six correctional officers at the FCI in Tallahassee with conspiracy to violate federal law, said Gregory R. Miller, United States attorney for the Northern District of Florida.

The indictment charges correctional officers Alfred Barnes, Gregory Dixon, Ralph Hill, Vincent Johnson, Alan Moore and E. Lavon Spence with conspiracy to commit bribery, witness tampering, mail fraud, interstate transportation in aid of racketeering.

The indictment alleges the officers obtained money from inmates in excange for bringing contraband into the prison. If convicted the officers could face up to 20 years in prison.

During the course of arrest this morning, three individuals were shot at the detention center where one of the officers were working.

Added, this incident took place at the detention center where the men are housed:

The correctional institution is a womens' prison that houses about 1,400 inmates, Wilson said. The detention center is a jail for men that has about 205 inmates.

The two are run by the same staff, she said.

Ralph Hill is the officer that was killed. They (the 6 guards) were being charged with trading sex for drugs with the female inmates. The article said that one of the other officers might have been the one injured, but it was a black woman who is critically injured, not one of the guards.

Outside of the facility now are about two dozen news cars and people with big cameras replacing all the cop power that was there just hours ago.

Eoanthropus Dawsoni said:
Some more information here.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/06/21/national/main1736630.shtml?source=RSS&attr=HOME_1736630

The six guards were indicted Tuesday on corruption charges alleging they brought alcohol and other contraband into the part of the prison where female inmates were held and sold it or exchanged it for sex with the inmates or the inmates' silence.
As I was reading, right before coming to this post, I thought, "man, they musta been conspiring something big, cause it said getting arrested for conspiring with inmate...I started thinking terrosism or somthin...I mean this guy started shooting at Federal agents...and THIS is what it is about Eoanthropus?????

Alcohol and other contraband brought in sold or traded for sex with female inmates...worth all of this??? I THINK NOT.

What is the punishment for the above had the shooting not happened and arrest went peacefully?

OK, now got to the next post, LMAO....

conspiracy to commit bribery, witness tampering, mail fraud, interstate transportation in aid of racketeering.

The indictment alleges the officers obtained money from inmates in excange for bringing contraband into the prison. If convicted the officers could face up to 20 years in prison.

This sounds a little different then what was said earlier??? Just bigger words?

christine2448 said:
This sounds a little different then what was said earlier??? Just bigger words?
Probably just bigger words.

It seems they were providing the inmates with alcohol and perhaps drugs in exchange for sex or money. From that the government could charge them with quite a few offenses.

Eoanthropus Dawsoni said:
Probably just bigger words.

It seems they were providing the inmates with alcohol and perhaps drugs in exchange for sex or money. From that the government could charge them with quite a few offenses.
Jeesh, certianly not worth the reaction they had and the outcome IMO anyway

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back