TX TX - Elian Majano, 2, Irving, 21 June 2006

cathieq

Reaction score
The Fort Worth Star Telegram
IRVING — Volunteers, police and deputies on horses continued looking Thursday for a 2-year-old Irving boy who was reported missing after being at a city park with his family, police said.

Elian Majano was last seen about 6:30 p.m. Wednesday on a trail at Lively Park just off O’Connor Road.

Tull said an Amber Alert had not been issued because they had no reason to believe foul play had been involved...

Elian was wearing a white shirt, flower-print shorts and flip-flops.
221356058362.jpg

Sorry, I'm not buying this story. How do you just loose a 2 year old at a park? How are they out of your sight long enough to disappear? I'm sorry but I have a 2 year old grandson and when I take him to the park, I do not take my eyes off of him. I hope that I am wrong and this little guy did just wander off and will be found safe but I really don't believe that is the case. Prayers for the little fellow.

Shadow205 said:
Sorry, I'm not buying this story. How do you just loose a 2 year old at a park? How are they out of your sight long enough to disappear? I'm sorry but I have a 2 year old grandson and when I take him to the park, I do not take my eyes off of him. I hope that I am wrong and this little guy did just wander off and will be found safe but I really don't believe that is the case. Prayers for the little fellow.

I hate to say it but I agree with you. I have a 3 year old son and girls 11 and 9 and I have never just not watched them at the park. That is so sad, I just hope that he is ok and that the parents truly didn't do anything, All these kids missing and then murdered by there parents or caregivers make me sick. I mean just give them to someone if you don't want them..geez

That article says the mother and boyfriend were sitting in a truck while Elian and his 4 year old brother were playing in the park. What the h**l were they doing sitting in a truck while these babies were playing. Never mind, I can just imagine what they were doing. Once again, parents not keeping an eye on their children ends badly. I can't imagine not keeping my eye on a 2 year old constantly, much less just sitting in a truck while my child played. Prayers for this poor little boy!

I just saw on the local news, an Amber Alert has been issued now. The police spokesperson said they are starting to believe this was not an innocent disappearance, maybe he was abducted. They believe they would have found him by now. They've had lots of volunteers and LE out searching. Poor little boy...

I am praying that Elian is found safe and soon. This strikes close to my heart, as I have two little ones the same ages as Elian and his brother. I'm glad they finally issued an Amber Alert. I just hope it's not too late. :(

spclk said:
That article says the mother and boyfriend were sitting in a truck while Elian and his 4 year old brother were playing in the park. What the h**l were they doing sitting in a truck while these babies were playing. Never mind, I can just imagine what they were doing. Once again, parents not keeping an eye on their children ends badly. I can't imagine not keeping my eye on a 2 year old constantly, much less just sitting in a truck while my child played. Prayers for this poor little boy!

In one of the above articles it said that he got lost on a trail :furious: How could the mother have seen anything if the little boys were walking on a trail. Talk about irresponsible. The truth is that mom and her boyfriend probably weren't paying a lick of attention to what the boys were doing. I hope they find the little one and then they take both of those boys away from this mother. If there was some pervert hanging around the park the mom and her boyfriend probably wouldn't have even noticed. That little guy would have been a sitting duck for some perverted creep.

Juliana said:
I just saw on the local news, an Amber Alert has been issued now. The police spokesperson said they are starting to believe this was not an innocent disappearance, maybe he was abducted. They believe they would have found him by now. They've had lots of volunteers and LE out searching. Poor little boy...

i was thinking during our last night local newscast that surely we are going to find there is more to this story. i saw the 10:00 news the first night he had been missing (just a few hours at that point) and i mean they had a LOT of volunteers at the park and ready to search! i am convinced that based on the number of searchers and the short time he had been missing he would have been found had he been in the park.

i am fearful that something much worse has happened and that this is the story his mother is telling to cover-up. please, this is my opinion only. thank you.

The Dallas Morning News has a different slant on the story. They seem more sympathetic to the family.
http://tinyurl.com/hqqtf

Ms. Majano, 24, said she looked away from the boys for only a minute or two.

"Police were looking at me like I planned the separation," she said. "They think it's my fault."

At the very least, this is child neglect.
And the very worst, it's a nightmare.
I have a hard time mustering any sympathy for the mother in this pathetic situation. I'm praying for all involved, though.
I know, I have seen neglectful parents at the park where I take my child. Just 2 weeks ago, I saw a diapered let's say around 14 months old on the big children's slide crying his eyes out. I ran over, picked him up off of the thing, and thought the mother would have come running. I literally had to go looking for her after several minutes of watching him running loose, still crying. The weather was starting to turn, and people were leaving. I almost called the police on my cell, but she eventually moseyed on in, after being outside the gates smoking with some young man. Grrrrrr.
Then, my dear angel became jealous of the attention I was giving to this little munchkin. Makes me not want to go back there. I'm thinking of asking the city to post somekind of security guard, but I doubt it will do any good. Probably some idiot would take it as a free babysitter. Or the city attorney wouldn't allow it for some reason...liability, labor costs...who knows what they could come up with to deflate the idea. ANYway...
Oh dear God, let this child be alright!
Please keep us updated. I'm going to be thinking about this little darling all day.

Shoot. I hoped Elian would have been found by now. I actually looked in the Located threads first. I'm still hoping and praying he's found safe, but it looks so grim after this long. :(

Police Now Focusing On Mother in Missing Child Case
The mother of a missing 2-year-old let her sons play unsupervised in a park while she stayed in a truck with her boyfriend, according to Child Protective Services officials. Elian Majano disappeared Wednesday. An Amber Alert has been issued. While the search continues, authorities are focusing their attention on how long his mother may have left the children out of her site at Irving`s Lively Park. The gap in question prompted the state agency to take custody of Yancy Majano`s 4-year-old son, Alexis. A court hearing will be scheduled within 14 days. Ms. Majano, 24, declined to comment late Friday on the advice of her attorney, who disputes the agency`s claims.
http://216.87.159.39/news/default.asp?mode=shownews&id=11735

Missing boy's scent tracked to sinkhole
Bloodhounds tracked a missing toddler's scent to a playground 1,500 feet from the parked truck where his mother was sitting with her boyfriend, records released on Monday show...The bloodhounds also tracked 2-year-old Elian Majano's scent to a sinkhole, which was about 100 feet from the parking lot...The sinkhole was caused by a broken pipe that was discovered last week during the search for Elian.
http://tinyurl.com/qpy6n

If the mother had been vigilant - like you have to be in this day and age, especially in a public park...this would never have happened - abduction or not.

If the cops had any brains in their useless heads they would have gotten an Amber alert out right away. A 2 year old couldn't have gotten so far away that no one would have been able to find him. They aren't that steady on their feet on unsteady ground with grass and roots, etc. Even if he had been found 20 mins later they could have cancelled the Amber Alert. Maybe someone would have seen something if the public had been alerted. When are they going to get it :furious:

Elian's 4 year old brother is said to "not know what happened" to Elian. Maybe he is literally telling the truth and was not playing alonewith his brother after all. I hope that Elian is not in that sinkhole.

I have to disagree with some of the post IMO a 2 and 4 yr old can move pretty darn fast and don't pay attention to dangers. Since my great nephews have come into this world they have been the most amazing challenges. At 2 the twins pulled the tv down and one ended up with a broken leg flat out 60secs or less. Anyway I am thinking right or wrong that Elian and his brother took off and that the sink hole is more than likely where he ended up I am fearful that since it hadn't been noticed until he went missing that it literally swallowed him. He wouldn't be in the pipe he would be in the hole under the pipe. I am from Florida and a sink hole in WP opened up swallowed porches (cars),trees, and houses bam!. And to be critizing the mom isn't really fair how many children drown every summer in places like Fl and Ca. I can't even imagine the horror this mother is going through loosing one child and having the other taken away, when the facts aren't in. I don't know personally of anyone that has had a 2 yr old drown that got their other children taken away. It is a tragedy but not always avoidable. What about the child that chokes on a balloon or gets hit by a car? Are the parents negligent should they be tarred and feathered. JMO My prayers go out to Elian, and his family.

It was said that the mother changed her story and that the two boys might have been playing all alone for up to 45 minutes. At first she said that she took Elian out of the vehicle first, turned around to do something with the other one, and Elian was gone in seconds, then the story changed. Now, the mother says she was sitting in the vehicle with the boyfriend while the boys played.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back