OH OH - Jamelia West, 27, & her 3 children, Columbus, 21 June 2006

Melly

Reaction score
This guy is also being looked at as a suspect for several shootings in Warren, Ohio, including the murder of a 24-year old. I went to school with the 2 of the victims and probably the suspect, though I don't remember him.

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Police said four bodies that were found inside a northeast side home Wednesday afternoon might have been in the home for several days.

The bodies of Jameila West, 28, and her children, Jamiere Erwin, 10; Trever Williams, 6; and Jakia Howard, 3, were discovered by the children's grandmother inside the Loretta Avenue home, NBC 4's Mike Bowersock reported.

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/9409559/detail.html

Another report from our hometown newspaper:

WARREN — A Warren man was arrested Wednesday in connection to three area shootings — one fatal — in the last week, and Columbus police want to question him regarding a quadruple killing on the state capital’s north side.

The Columbus Dispatch reported late Wednesday that a police source confirmed city homicide detectives were on their way to Warren to interview 24-year-old Jason Howard, whose girlfriend and her three children were found dead by relatives inside their North Linden home, also on Wednesday.

Wednesday afternoon, Warren police tracked Howard, also known as ‘‘JK,’’ to a home at 844 Kenilworth Ave. S.E. He surrendered peacefully after a short standoff.

Howard was wanted in Warren in connection to shootings Saturday and Wednesday that sent two men to the hospital. He’s also suspected in the shooting death of 24-year-old Philip A. Dally, whose body was found Monday morning in a vacant lot on Front Street S.W., Warren police said.

Found dead in the Columbus home were Jameila West, 27; her daughter, Jameire Ervin, 10; and her sons, Tre’vion Williams, 5, and Jakia Howard, 3

http://www.tribune-chronicle.com/News/articles.asp?articleID=5380

The man arrested is the father of the 3 year old...What a sick creep! And again, the murderer gets to live, even if sentenced to death that will be many years down the road.

Yes...and he gets 3 meals a day, tv, medical attention, and he can also get his HS diploma if he doesnt have it, and then start working on a college degree. He will live off of our tax money for many years to come. He will get several appeals and also be able to complain that the death penalty/lethal injection is too painful for him. After all he has rights!!

Personally, I think that the firing squad for these creeps is looking better and better everyday.

He had previous domestic violence convictions and had served time in prison for domestic violence and violation of a protective order. Jamelia had filed the domestic violence charges in July of 2004.
http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/news/14881247.htm

Autopsy has been completed on Jamelia and her oldest daughter, 10 year old Jamiere Ervin. Jamelia was shot in the head, but Jamiere was strangled. Autopsies will be completed on the two younger children today.
Police say they believe the family was killed on late Sat. or early Sun. am. http://www.columbusdispatch.com/news-story.php?story=194503

Melly -

I'm used to being the one people look at in shock and dismay - but that forum even stunned me! I live in the South, and I'd expect that kind of train of thought from maybe some folks I've met in Alabama, but in Ohio? I'd have never in a million years thought so!

I'm around racism daily at my job, and rather immune to the ignorance of others, but this was so insanely over the top and undeserved because this woman didn't fit any of the stereotypical negativity the writers were spewing. Wow.

...Barb the unshockable one is shaking her head in dismay. I need to write this in my calendar.

GlitchWizard said:
Melly -

I'm used to being the one people look at in shock and dismay - but that forum even stunned me! I live in the South, and I'd expect that kind of train of thought from maybe some folks I've met in Alabama, but in Ohio? I'd have never in a million years thought so!

I'm around racism daily at my job, and rather immune to the ignorance of others, but this was so insanely over the top and undeserved because this woman didn't fit any of the stereotypical negativity the writers were spewing. Wow.

...Barb the unshockable one is shaking her head in dismay. I need to write this in my calendar.
I was born and raised in that area and I was shocked, although I shouldn't be since a frequently read that forum to see what has been going on in the area and often find such comments being made.

It's amazing the things people will say and the bravery they will gain when sitting behind a computer.

Melly,

Thanks for posting that link~
All I can say is "goodgrief".

Each night I go to bed I remember how close I came to being a victim. Husband murders wife but husband has an excuse.

This guy is scum. I can hardly stand looking at his picture.

From June 2013:

http://www.tribtoday.com/page/content.detail/id/589298/Mother-waits-for-justice.html?nav=5021

"I go over it in my head all the time," a grief-stricken Victoria West said during an interview Friday. "How can they let someone get away with murdering those little kids?"

West's worst fears about the case have been realized as her last call to the Columbus police was a disheartening one. They told her the case was now classified "cold"...

Police initially charged Howard with the killings. The charges later were dropped because prosecutors thought the case wasn't strong enough to take to trial, according to the Columbus Dispatch. Howard now is serving up to a life sentence for an unrelated murder and other crimes in Warren.

Nov 15 2020
Theodore Decker: Slayings of Jameila West, children from 2006 still unsolved
''Early on in the investigation into the murders of her daughter and three grandchildren, Victoria West did as Columbus police asked.

"I was told, 'Be patient, be patient, be patient,'" West said.

"Well, it's been 14 years."

a9f837eb-e989-4454-8d97-4f894c4b3680-LORETTA_JAMEILA_WEST.JPG

''On June 21, 2006, West traveled from her home near Youngstown to Columbus' North Linden neighborhood, where her daughter had moved to put distance between herself and an abusive boyfriend.

Inside the house at 1500 Loretta Ave., she discovered a slaughter.

Her daughter, Jameila West, 27; and her daughter's three children, 10-year-old daughter, Jameire Ervin, 5-year-old son, Tre'vion Williams, and 3-year-old son, Jakia Howard, were all dead.

Jameila West had been shot, Jameire strangled and Tre'vion and Jakia suffocated.''

"There's no way that it's not known in that neighborhood," he said. "It's a part of the narrative in the community. For the community, the story to be told there is, a man murdered a woman and her children, and he got away with it."

If you have information on the murders of Jameila West and her children, call the Columbus Division of Police Cold Case Unit at 614-645-4036.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back